PDA

View Full Version : remember the ea cmmercial that faded into a videogame???

gtaplayer
12-31-2001, 07:02 PM
anyone remember those ea commercials where they show a real game on tv and some big name player doing a move or something and then slowly fade it into the player in a videogame doing the exact same move....i think those where the best videogame commercials and they should bring them back espeically now that videogames are looking closer to lifelike then anything else before...i remember i was watchin tv, and a ea commerical came up and it was barry sanders in football jukeing the whole team, and it faded into a madden game when he was doing the exact same thing...i think those where awsome commericals and they should bring them back...what do you think???

xBoXGaMeR2002
12-31-2001, 07:51 PM
Yea, those commercials look good, and appeal to everyone.

Ground_Pounder
01-01-2002, 02:11 AM
They should make more like them, it would show the general public (some kids parents) how powerful the new systems are.

My dad sits there in AWE when we play cause you can see everything on the box, the no pop-up amazes him. He remember's the day we first opened up my NES... boy those were the days! I remember when I first played Sega I was like WOW... lol. I got the same feeling when I turned on my Xbox... it was a good step from dreamcast to Xbox... from major pop up in most of the games I had to none!

Enuf bout the rant though, those commercials would be an excellent promotional tool for the weary parent who isn't sure about buying a console this generation. Alot of my family sure is, they are sayin it's not worth it for them right now cause they just got their 64's like 2 years ago, so they were sayin that they still have use left in it. To each their own! I have an Xbox, and I love it... A few of my buds have picked some up, and they all love it too. It was a great purchase!

JAC
01-01-2002, 10:49 AM
True, it would show the system's power and it could get more adults involved. I say more adults, because if they see that they could play as a hero of their's and that it'd be close to life-like, then... :D

JAC
01-01-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Ground_Pounder
pop up

What do you mean by "pop up"? Is that like a load bar or something?

rune holm
01-01-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by JAC

What do you mean by "pop up"? Is that like a load bar or something?

Basicly iy means that the graphics isnt smooth. When for instance playing a racing game, the background will kinda "pop up" as you drive.

monkeyman
01-01-2002, 12:34 PM
never seen one of those commercials but that would be smart

JAC
01-01-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by rune holm

Basicly iy means that the graphics isnt smooth. When for instance playing a racing game, the background will kinda "pop up" as you drive.

Oh, I was waaay off. lol

Ground_Pounder
01-01-2002, 03:38 PM
Example of no pop up would be how in Gotham when you go down a straight away in arcade mode, you can see the cones all the way at the other end of the straight away. It's really cool!

Go play a racing game on you PS or Dreamcast (notorious popup in Dave Mirra) and you'll see how the game almost slows down if there's too much stuff to load at once. But notice how things just pop up out of nowhere (in the distance).