PDA

View Full Version : Fable DevChat Log 12/4/03

thrAsher
12-05-2003, 09:50 AM
http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~fable/gameinfo/interviews/fablelog.php

Thanks to the boys at the BBB boards. Above is the link to the entire chat log.
Here (http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~fable/gameinfo/interviews/devchat.php) is a link to an edited version. Some good stuff in there, but still no release date.

Best news to me?
[19:27] <@[LH]Gradius> yes you can fish, and you can keep the big catches as trophies to show off with.
:cool:

Variation-XBA
12-05-2003, 03:44 PM
nice... good find :)

Shorezy
12-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Yeah man great find. Thanks for the share! Wow fishin?! Like Zelda OT!! lol, great times.

Peepers
12-06-2003, 01:14 AM
That looks like a ton of fun and there's so much to do. I just hope that the aging process in the game will still give me time to do it all. Based on what I've read so far, I think it will.

iloveRPGs
12-06-2003, 12:06 PM
Wow that definetly made me really really really really really really really really want to get Fable!!!:D I can't wait any longer:cry:

thrAsher
12-06-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Peepers
That looks like a ton of fun and there's so much to do. I just hope that the aging process in the game will still give me time to do it all. Based on what I've read so far, I think it will. I read about the effects of aging somewhere, actually, Peepers. Age really has very little, if any, effect on you as a hero. If I remember correctly, it actually makes you better. :confused: What I do remember of what I read is that age will never be a factor in how the game is played, just in how you look. :cool:

I can't wait 'til my character is 70 and I'm still whooping Balverine hide and fishing by my cabin in the woods. :cheers:

Peepers
12-06-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
I read about the effects of aging somewhere, actually, Peepers. Age really has very little, if any, effect on you as a hero. If I remember correctly, it actually makes you better. :confused: What I do remember of what I read is that age will never be a factor in how the game is played, just in how you look. :cool:

I can't wait 'til my character is 70 and I'm still whooping Balverine hide and fishing by my cabin in the woods. :cheers:

I've read conflicting reports. Some say it just makes your character look old, which is good and bad because nobody wants a grandpa hero. Others say that from the start your biological clock is ticking and you only have so long to finish the game. Some of these reports are really old though, like back when conceptual things like aging were probably still being designed. So I really can't bring anything conclusive to the table.

Hopefully you're right that aging will never adversely affect your character.

Reynard
12-07-2003, 08:16 PM
you will age and indeed age will have an effect on you. dont worry though, you can still be a 70 year old belvarine ass whooper. Its mainly just a reaction you get from the people. both enemies and friends. enemies will take this as an advantage to try and run down an old man, yet if your renown, they will think twice about doing so.

dont worry about time. You do not die of old age here. You will be able to complete all the quests and do all the activities you wanted to. Yet depending at what time you do them and how you do them will affect your game very differently. If your an honored hero who goes to do a quest in which you need to catch three chickens, people would mock you rather than praise you. Along with that, they will give you a distinctive name, like the "chicken shephard".

xbox genius
12-09-2003, 12:35 AM
wow great find indeed, i read the whole thing,, took aboiut half an hour too,, shoulda used that time for homework... o well.