PDA

View Full Version : Xbox2 (xenon) Supposedly Confirmed For 2006 Release

Night Raider
12-05-2003, 12:48 PM
highly doubt they have confired anything solid this early but possibly.

MikeMan91389
12-05-2003, 02:01 PM
hope its tru... but not counting on it

AM Static
12-05-2003, 02:36 PM
Description
Microsoft announced that it has entered into a semiconductor technology agreement with IBM Corp. Under the agreement, Microsoft has licensed leading-edge semiconductor processor technology from IBM for use in future Xbox products and services to be announced at a later date.

Microsoft is already developing the software and services that will drive the Digital Decade, said Robbie Bach, senior vice president of the Home & Entertainment Division at Microsoft. By combining our vision, software experience and R&D resources with IBM's computer and semiconductor technologies, we plan to deliver unprecedented and unparalleled entertainment experiences to consumers while creating new engines of growth for the technology and entertainment industries.

According to Bernie Meyerson, IBM Fellow and chief technologist for IBM's Technology Group, the new Xbox technologies will be based on the latest in IBM's family of state-of-the-art processors.

IBM's advanced chip technologies are in demand across a wide range of industries and applications, Meyerson said. We're excited to be working on a project of this magnitude and that Microsoft has chosen IBM to provide technologies that will power future consumer devices and expand the boundaries of what's possible in entertainment.

Intel supplied the chip for Microsoft's current XBox console and had landed the deal after a long and bitter fight with rivals, AMD. Considering that Intel considers Microsoft as its systems design partner, there must be a few surprised faces at the company's HQ in Santa Clara today.
Although Intel and AMD seem to have gained control of the PC market, IBM has a growing clientele and is the power behind the Apple computers and Nintendo's GameCube. With a new plant in New York the IBM seems to be going from strength to strength and the sheer magnitude of this deal is guaranteed to further strengthen their processor business.

According to current MS roadmaps, the next XBox will be announced in January 2004 and should be available by late fall of the same year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to find the source/link my friend got this from.. He posted it at another message board.

Voodoo_Vince
12-05-2003, 03:13 PM
heheehhe. acording to that article the next xbox comes out next year?? ....that would suck

ShaDovV RyDer
12-05-2003, 03:25 PM
im ok with the new release date and all but the new name is wut im upset about...Xenon doesnt sound like the name of a gaming system if u ask me...pce

Trento52
12-05-2003, 03:56 PM
i agree i don't like the name xenon or xbox 2 or xbox next. I don't know what a good name would be but i don't think it should be a shape either. If they are going to use xenon as the name they should replace the e and n with e and x to make xenex. As i said before in a comment it sounds like thee next.

xbox genius
12-05-2003, 05:38 PM
heh xenon is a cool name for xbox 2, but isnt that the same name as a fax or printer brand?

J Dub
12-05-2003, 06:04 PM
It worries me that they might be going with an IBM chip. I think they should either stick with Intel or switch to AMD....

crucialcreation
12-05-2003, 06:18 PM
that would be stupid if the next xbox was fall 2004, especially when halo 2 is coming out around spring 2004.

Voodoo_Vince
12-05-2003, 06:39 PM
Okay this thread is Mentally Handicapped, the Thread title is Xbox Xenon 2006 which is posted by Night raider and the article posted by AM static says November 2004 so its just as a rumor as Halo 2 Nov 2003 , so WTF! , Night raider can you post a Source??

ShannonX
12-05-2003, 07:18 PM
they could call it "your mom". Hey frank, lets go play with "your mom". But then, your mom might get the wrong idea and kick your friend out of the house.

:D :D

DDR2theEXTREME
12-05-2003, 09:46 PM
Xenon..........freaky name:watchout:

Peepers
12-06-2003, 12:55 AM
"Supposedly Confirmed" How's that for certainty?

crucialcreation
12-06-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Voodoo_Vince
Okay this thread is Mentally Handicapped, the Thread title is Xbox Xenon 2006 which is posted by Night raider and the article posted by AM static says November 2004 so its just as a rumor as Halo 2 Nov 2003 , so WTF! , Night raider can you post a Source??

first of all, seeing as how night raider had one sentence to back him up and AM static had a whole article for evidence i would choose AM (no offense raider). second of all, nov 2003 is in the past...speaking of mentally handicapped...:p