PDA

View Full Version : XBOX looks to have best christmas out of all consoles!

George89
12-06-2003, 09:55 AM
XBOX looks like it will be top console this holiday season. XBOX is the #1 toy for Christmas, GBA came in at #2, PS2 came in at #3 and Gamecube wasnt even one of the top toys.

For top video games, Grand Theft Auto Double Pack comes in at #3 and Prince of Persia for xbox comes in at #8.

Link for top toys:
http://shopping.yahoo.com/b_toys_96380374?__yltc=s%3A2716149%2Cd%3A96380374%2Cpos%3A1%2Cslk%3Ashowcase%2Csec%3Afp-wmantle

Link for top video games:
http://shopping.yahoo.com/b_video-games_96380334?__yltc=s%3A2716149%2Cd%3A96380334%2Cpos%3A3%2Cslk%3Ashowcase%2Csec%3Afp-wmantle

DDR2theEXTREME
12-06-2003, 10:15 AM
why the hell did i get a Gamecube!!!:cry:

monster1234
12-06-2003, 12:59 PM
Yeah, you messed up with the gamecube there pal.

Brnthngs
12-06-2003, 01:19 PM
I hate to say it, but the mario kart games have always been one of my favorites, and the new mario kart that just came out looks kinda entertaining. It's ok, cause I don't have a game cube, so it doesn't really matter. It limits my money to buying good games. Like Fable when it comes out etc.

SmileBit
12-06-2003, 04:05 PM
Are you all morons? The XBox is THE WORST sELLING console this holiday season. Look at ANYONES sales charts. Its getting destroyed by the Cube and PS2.

Also according to gamerankings.com the Cube has more heavily praised games than the XBox with Metroid Prime and Wind Waker leading the charge.

MasterWeed sucks at RS3.

Thebiz
12-06-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by SmileBit
Are you all morons? The XBox is THE WORST sELLING console this holiday season. Look at ANYONES sales charts. Its getting destroyed by the Cube and PS2.

Also according to gamerankings.com the Cube has more heavily praised games than the XBox with Metroid Prime and Wind Waker leading the charge.

MasterWeed sucks at RS3.

According to gamerankings, the GC has had less AAA games than any console this year excepting N-Gage.

xbox genius
12-06-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by DDR2theEXTREME
why the hell did i get a Gamecube!!!:cry:

gamecube is all good, i only wanted gamecube for their multiplayer games, i have younger nephews, nieces, cousins, and they all like to play kiddy multiplayer games, i admit i love it too, its all about the competition... mario kart, mario party, monkeyball, many others.

anyways thats cool to see xbox #1 , but thats only for yahoo

SmileBit
12-06-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Thebiz

According to gamerankings, the GC has had less AAA games than any console this year excepting N-Gage.

Please think about posting before posting.

Accordign to gamerankings.com the Nintendo Gamecube has the best software out of any current console to date...

Metroid Prime - 96%
Wind Waker - 96%
Viewtiful Joe - 94%
Super Mario Sunshine - 92%
Smash Bros Melee - 91%

The XBox has NO exclusive games that are AAA titles. Its old AAA titles (Halo and KOTOR) are both better on PC.

No wonder why MS cant sell its XBoxs. All the games suck or are better on PC.

Thebiz
12-06-2003, 04:20 PM

Accordign to gamerankings.com the Nintendo Gamecube has the best software out of any current console to date...

Metroid Prime - 96%
Wind Waker - 96%
Viewtiful Joe - 94%
Smash Bros Melee - 91%

The XBox has NO exclusive games that are AAA titles. Its old AAA titles (Halo and KOTOR) are both better on PC.

How about you think before YOU post?

I said it has the least THIS YEAR. And its true.

George89
12-06-2003, 04:20 PM
ummm....actually XBOX has been ahead of Gamecube in sales for a very long time...and still is! You have to remember that Gamecube is almost HALF the price of XBOX, so unless Gamecube sells over double XBOX does, Gamecube cant be ahead. Here are sales in North America for October (which is when Gamecube got a price drop) Gamecube sold about 250, 000 consoles in North America, XBOX sold about 180,000 consoles in North America, lets see now, 180,000 x $180 is much more than 250,000 x $100, so for October (which is when Gamecube lowered their price ) it made about $25 million, while on the other hand the XBOX came in and made $32.4 million.:) :D hope that helps your confusion.

Thebiz
12-06-2003, 04:25 PM
and you're wrong on two scores.

Wind Waker: 95%

VJ: 92%

George89
12-06-2003, 04:31 PM
Oh, and if you can find any of my previous game charts, you would see that Gamecube hasn't had a game in a long time that has been either in the top 1 or 2 spots on the top selling games each month. XBOX usually has a #2 game for its best, PS2 usually has a game in the #1 and sometimes Gamecube doesnt even get #3 or even lower. Reviews are reviews, sales are what matters, if a game is rated high and doesnt sell well then you cannot really brag about it.

Thebiz
12-06-2003, 04:37 PM
Nintendo has no games for this holiday season. The only games worth purchasing are Mario Kart and VJ.

Xbox on the other hand has PGR2, Crimson Skies, Rainbow 6 3, Deus Ex 2, Top Spin, Amped 2, Morrowind GOTY, Max Payne 2... There might be a couple I'm forgetting too. These are all games from october to the present. Holiday titles.

VenoM
12-06-2003, 04:42 PM
imo the gamecube has more quality titles then xbox and ps2...and what makes xbox very cool is xbox live...without it, it would be just a good console instead of a great console...only good single player games on xbox to me so far were halo and knights of the old republic....brute force was such a let down :( but if we get into mulitplayer gaming...the xbox rules all :) the gamecube at its price of 100 bucks is a steal imo....theres lots of good games on the cube....people need to open there eyes more and see that there is other systems and games out there.....its stupid to stay exclusive to one console....missing out on some great gaming across all 3 platforms :cheers:

SmileBit
12-06-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Thebiz
Nintendo has no games for this holiday season. The only games worth purchasing are Mario Kart and VJ.

Xbox on the other hand has PGR2, Crimson Skies, Rainbow 6 3, Deus Ex 2, Top Spin, Amped 2, Morrowind GOTY, Max Payne 2... There might be a couple I'm forgetting too. These are all games from october to the present. Holiday titles.

Mark my words you jackasses. Mario Kart will sell more than ANY 2 XBox games combined this holiday season.

LOL at the guys who think XBox games ever reach the top 10 in America. 90% of Nintendos 1st party titles hit the top 10 every month. Too bad MS cant say the same.

Take a look at next issues EGM. Mario Kart will be higher on that list than any XB game. Marc my words. This will be proof that I know what Im talking about more than you.

ShaDovV RyDer
12-06-2003, 06:51 PM
:rofl: ok ok ok...lets let smilebit (wtf kinda name is that???)have his little fun...we all no that the x-box owns all and smilebit knows the same...if this wasnt so y would that thing called smilebit post on here let alone own an xbox along with live???....neways if we need to prove this to u smilebit(dang thats a *** name) just wait till 2004 when all the most anticipated games come out(hl2, halo2, fable, ninja gaiden just to name a FEW) ...well have fun makin fun of the xbox smilebit...just no that by july of next year we will be the ones makin fun of u...pce

Thebiz
12-06-2003, 08:49 PM

Mark my words you jackasses. Mario Kart will sell more than ANY 2 XBox games combined this holiday season.

LOL at the guys who think XBox games ever reach the top 10 in America. 90% of Nintendos 1st party titles hit the top 10 every month. Too bad MS cant say the same.

Take a look at next issues EGM. Mario Kart will be higher on that list than any XB game. Marc my words. This will be proof that I know what Im talking about more than you.

Its going to sell so much CAUSE THERE NOTHING ELSE TO BUY.

Theres actually selection on xbox. So you don't have to buy whatever bone nintendo decides to throw you every couple of months.

DocHoliday78
12-06-2003, 09:30 PM
This should be in the Xbox vs Gamecube debate since everyone is goign crazy about this. Just ignore smile bit, its seems nobody likes him since he just goes around babling his bs statistics.

Reclaimer
12-06-2003, 09:35 PM

I gave you a strike for name calling before. It appears you haven't learned your lesson.
STRIKE TWO

Smilebit, if you can't play the game nicely, don't play at all.

Stormlord
12-06-2003, 09:48 PM
:o , I agree with Venom open your eyes and see that there's other games out there. Being a fan boy gets you no where.

X-Fan
12-06-2003, 10:03 PM

Metroid Prime - 96%
Wind Waker - 96%
Viewtiful Joe - 94%
Smash Bros Melee - 91%

no new exclusive xbox aaa titles huh?
how bout
rs3
counter strike
crimson skies
top spin
deus-ex
????

Trento52
12-06-2003, 11:06 PM
I agree with smilebit that mario kart double dash will sell a SH*T load but that is because what other games are there to get with all the newly purchased cubes out there. So far i think that most of the people that have or just bought a gamecube will all get the same games. With xbox there are so many to choose from

top spin, amped 2, crimson skies, rainbow 6, counter srtike, project gotham racing, GTA double pack, deus ex invisible war, armed and dangerous, Max payne 2, even DDR ultra mix and alot of others and many more multiplatform ones too. Alot of the highly anticipated games coming out are on xbox and i haven't heard of any for gamecube,
halo 2
bc
doom 3
half life 2
star wars knights of the old republic 2
fable
full spectrum warrior
ninja gaiden
rally sport challenge 2
breakdown

I then noticed all those cover most of the genres

the ps2 has some impressive games too
gran turismo 4
metal gear substance 3 snake eater
resident evil outbreak

I am really envious of gran turismo 4 that game looks so good.

Games that i would get for gamecube would be f-zero gx, 1080' avalanche, star wars rebel strike 3 so there are games but not as many that look as good as the xbox's IMO.

kenji
12-06-2003, 11:23 PM

Take a look at next issues EGM. Mario Kart will be higher on that list than any XB game. Marc my words. This will be proof that I know what Im talking about more than you. Can I ask why you are posting at a Xbox forum? Most of the things that you are posting are opinions. We need solid facts.

Thehazard
12-06-2003, 11:29 PM

Metroid Prime - 96%
Wind Waker - 96%
Viewtiful Joe - 94%
Smash Bros Melee - 91%

Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't the orignal counter strike on cpu the most popular game ever???? And now thats its on the X-box.......

SmileBit
12-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by X-Fan

no new exclusive xbox aaa titles huh?
how bout
rs3
counter strike
crimson skies
top spin
deus-ex
????

Rainow Six 3 is on the PC
Counter Strike is on the PC
Deus Ex is on the PC

BTW, all the PC versions are better due to controles and graphics.

I could list you just as many killer Nintendo games in 2004 that will sell 4 times as much as your cruddy list but I dont think youd pay attention.

Shadow20002
12-07-2003, 12:16 PM
Well, i think we must move this thread to the debate area. :watchout:

And Smilebit, if you are too addict to Gamecube, i think you must join a Gamecube forum. :)

Prankster101
12-07-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
....missing out on some great gaming across all 3 platforms :cheers:

Man i wish i had enough $$ 2 get all 3 consoles :cry:

# 1 Stunner
12-07-2003, 01:58 PM

MasterWeed sucks at RS3. smilebit why must you be always sippin on that hatoraide? i could take u any day u want a challenge....and i dont have to camp to get my kills....shows how much skill u got:rolleyes: :rolleyes: what are u doin on live anyway? shouldnt you be playing ur gamecube and ur lil 5 year old games?:watchout: .....i laugh at how pathetic u are, what makes it worse is ur prolly a loser and aint got nothing else to do but hate on the xbox and praise the gamecube, go get a life, oh wait, thats impossible for you...:rolleyes:

FuNkY mOnK
12-07-2003, 02:48 PM
Smilebit i think it's time you and your trojan horse leave i cant understand how Jeremy still has you here. Every post you enter some how relates to how xbox sucks, why the fcuk are you here? better yet why are you even playing games?. If you're going to stay Show some respect...Man whata you have to do to get banned around here?.

MikeMan91389
12-07-2003, 02:59 PM
XBOX has 100000 more games than the CUbe... If XBOX only had 5 games to choose i bvet it'd sell more than the cube. also, halo IS NOT BETTER ON PC.. Its laggy (sometimes) and not as fun. still great, but not as good! Halo didnt have that good of a 1 player.. what were you smoking!?!??!

FuNkY mOnK
12-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389
XBOX has 100000 more games than the CUbe... If XBOX only had 5 games to choose i bvet it'd sell more than the cube. also, halo IS NOT BETTER ON PC.. Its laggy (sometimes) and not as fun. still great, but not as good! Halo didnt have that good of a 1 player.. what were you smoking!?!??!
You better change that 100,000 number smellbit takes things to literally.