PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem in PGR2?

darkfusion
12-06-2003, 11:57 AM
I was playing PGR2 today and I realised that sometimes the music skips, however this only happens while racing. Have any of you experianced this in your copy of the game? I'm not using custom soundtracks either, it's the music from the game!

Do you reckon I have a defective copy or a dodgy drive? (it's a Thomson :cry: )

Variation-XBA
12-06-2003, 02:34 PM
My guess would be the drive, but if you got the receipt, go pick up another disk of the same game

darkfusion
12-06-2003, 03:49 PM
Aw man that sucks, I only bought my Xbox a few days ago. Why did it have a damn Thomson drive in!? :cuss:

Bakeman
12-06-2003, 10:42 PM
don't know mang.. that sucks..

I haven't listened to the game's music, only my soundtracks..
And I haven't noticed that problem...

Definitly wouldn't hurt going and exchanging the game and trying another copy.... And if that copy does the same thing, since you just got the xbox, go exchange that.

steveo_wrx
12-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Here's an odd one. I just got PGR2 yesterday - this game rocks too. :cool: Anyhow. I'm using an MC2 wheel, the game even has a designated configuration option for it, sweet.

Everything works fine except when I need to Retry a race. When the race goes green, I mash the throttle, and instead of accelerating, my right pedal changes to Shift Up and rapidly goes through gears 1-6. What the heck ?? Back out to the previous menu and it resets to the right configuration.

Anyone else experienced this ?

JB20_2003
12-19-2003, 03:37 PM
I rented the game for a week and I never noticed anything about the music skipping? I also used my own custom soundtracks... I have a thomson drive in mine as well and I have never had any problems with it... minor things but that's it. It's rare for anything to go wrong. I had my Xbox for over a year now to so I had lots of time and played lots of game to find out if my thomson drive was faulty... I don't know why people are affraid of getting a thomson drive.