PDA

View Full Version : xbox live expriation dates?

Pochi
12-06-2003, 07:19 PM
hi i bought an old version of xbox live that came with motogp and whacked. i havent tried signing up yet becuase im waiting till after i comeback from christmas break. but i heard that there is an expiration date on xboxlive codes if not used within a certain time.

does anyone know when it expires exactly?

Liquid Gears
12-06-2003, 07:24 PM
I always thought it was a year after one the same date as when you registered it on, but I'm just guessing. It should be that way, but whatever.

Good question.

DocHoliday78
12-06-2003, 07:39 PM
I always thought it wsa when you activated the code you have one year of live.

dances with broom sticks
12-06-2003, 09:19 PM
A little offtopic, but will they tell me when they charge my credit card? I havent had any sort of notice yet, and since its not my credit card, I would like to give the person (my sister) some notice of the fee. I thought it was supposed to charge it in november, but i guess not?

DocHoliday78
12-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by dances with broom sticks
A little offtopic, but will they tell me when they charge my credit card? I havent had any sort of notice yet, and since its not my credit card, I would like to give the person (my sister) some notice of the fee. I thought it was supposed to charge it in november, but i guess not?

nope they didnt tell me, they just automatically charge you

BinaryXtreme
12-06-2003, 11:41 PM
I got an email telling me my membership would be up on November 19th I think and to make sure my credit card information was correct. It billed for my 1 year renewal exactly 1 year to the day it started.

Liquid Gears
12-07-2003, 12:26 AM
Whatever, once mine and my brothers first year expires, that when we bring out all the 2 month trials we got.

I can't wait to get a new gamertag. I gotta few in mind.

Kronicle
12-07-2003, 07:01 AM
Well, to try and answer what I think Pochi was trying to ask; No, I don't think there is a date where the code expires before you get to use it. ;)

LynxFX
12-07-2003, 07:20 AM
Sadly there is an expiration date. I do not know what it is for the version 1 kits, but I imagine it is coming up very soon.

Version 2 kits expire 3/31/04. The date is listed on the side of the Live Kit box under "System Requirements" so if you still have the box, check it out.

I ended buying the Version 2 kit for $35 instead of paying another $50 to extend my year.

Casper
12-07-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

nope they didnt tell me, they just automatically charge you

Yeah, but go into your Account Management and manage your account, there's a category that you have to go in to uncheck "Automatically Bill" this will stop that.

dances with broom sticks
12-07-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA
Sadly there is an expiration date. I do not know what it is for the version 1 kits, but I imagine it is coming up very soon.

Version 2 kits expire 3/31/04. The date is listed on the side of the Live Kit box under "System Requirements" so if you still have the box, check it out.

I ended buying the Version 2 kit for $35 instead of paying another $50 to extend my year.

what happens to an old gamertag that isnt renewed? Does it disapear? Like could someone else use it? Or in your case, could you use it again?

LynxFX
12-07-2003, 08:46 AM
From what I've been told, I can renew my same gamertag using a new Live key. Haven't tried it yet, but I will first before signing up as a different name.

I don't believe anyone can 'steal' mine before I renew.

DDR2theEXTREME
12-07-2003, 09:50 AM
an expiration date.....now that sux

rothgar
12-07-2003, 03:43 PM
how do i know whet version i have? is there a way to find out...cause i was waiting till halo 2 to come out. that way i could get a year of halo 2 and xbc will due until then.

BinaryXtreme
12-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Your gamertag will be the same if you wish to renew your current subscription. You can let it laps or just sign up for a new account with a new gamertag. My understanding is that once your gamertag on your subscription has expired, no one else can sign up for that gamertag after it expires. Including you as a friend let his expire, waited a few months, tried to use his old gamertag and could not do it. Had to pick a new one. I don't know how long it will take them to be able to clear the data base so people can acquire old gamertags but I'm sure someday they will.

CC-CRC
12-07-2003, 05:11 PM
Now i was told by an xbox coustomer service rep on the phone and online that if you go into your subscription you can put in a new key and use all of your free 2 months and just type that in and you get credit.

BinaryXtreme
12-07-2003, 06:57 PM
So if you have a current subscription you can add 2 months to your time left? I have several of these 2 month free offers and would love to use them with my current subscription. Doesn't seem right though that you can keep your user name forever and just reactivate it whenever you want.

LynxFX
12-07-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by rothgar
how do i know whet version i have? is there a way to find out...cause i was waiting till halo 2 to come out. that way i could get a year of halo 2 and xbc will due until then.
If it has Whacked! it is version 1 which expires soon (no confirmed date by anyone yet).

If it has Tetris online, Mechassault (demo) and Motogp(demo) then it is Version 2. Expires March 31st 2004.

If it has the full version of Mechassault then it is Version 3 and costs $69.99 now.