PDA

View Full Version : problem with xbox?

Wolfboy_888
12-06-2003, 08:05 PM
it takes me about 3 minutes to finally get somehwjay scratchy madden 04 to work in my xbox ...it always gets a dd error... so i tried a brand new game and it seemed like the box would fail then start up again.. and it got a dde the 1st time i played it.the load times rivaled ps2..i just played my friends xbox and its a lot quieter then mine for some reason....i think this may have to do with the thomson drive i have...he has the 2nd best drive (begins with a p i believe)....and whats the cheapest drive cleaner?

Thebiz
12-06-2003, 08:46 PM
You probably have a thompson drive.

does it have two holes in the tray?

if not, its most likely a thompson, which are crappy crap.

I'm in that boat. It sucks.

BinaryXtreme
12-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Yeah, Techtv had a story about this a long time ago. Sounds like your hard drive is going bad. If it's over a year old, forget it, buy a new one when you can.

HellHawk
12-07-2003, 03:54 AM
I got a thompson, NO PROBLEM and ive had mine since launch. The only game that doesnt load is my halo, which is old as hell, doesnt load on the one with 2 holes in it, and my capcom vs snk, which is *** anyways, all my other games load up real nice, and i rarely get problems.

DocHoliday78
12-07-2003, 04:57 AM
I dont know what the chepeast is but i just picked up one from costco. I know it didnt cost more then 15 bucks.