PDA

View Full Version : Is Deus Ex an RPG or a FPS?

Doom3_
12-06-2003, 09:52 PM
???

Variation-XBA
12-07-2003, 03:02 AM
Kinda a mix, but I wasn't really that impressed overall...

HellHawk
12-07-2003, 03:47 AM
I havent got to play it, but if you compare it to a FPS then its dead, if you compare it to an RPG, its dead, if you compare it to a stealth game, its dead, but if you realize its all of then together, then its a preety good game.

xbox genius
12-07-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by HellHawk
I havent got to play it, but if you compare it to a FPS then its dead, if you compare it to an RPG, its dead, if you compare it to a stealth game, its dead, but if you realize its all of then together, then its a preety good game.

nicely written, and yeah i think its FPS with rpg elements and i didnt konw about the stealth part in Deus Ex

BunnyRabbit
12-08-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Variation
Kinda a mix, but I wasn't really that impressed overall...

Yeah its a mix...and what do you mean you werent impressed? What was wrong with the game? I mean I got it on my Xmas list...Do you suggest I removew it? Back your answer up with reasons here too man. :p

thrAsher
12-08-2003, 07:03 PM
It's a game that tries to be a lot of things. By partially succeeding in nearly every task, it's a gem. Not necessarily worth your $50, but worth a couple rentals. A solid solo FPS w/ some RPG-lite additions. If you like story games, and playing a major role in that story, Deus Ex is a nice ride. A good subtitle for the game would have been, "Even Warriors Sneak".

I'm pretty much done w/ the game, and have found Glitch in the System, the Metal Arms debut, a stunner. Some stupid decisions (no system link :huh: ) are turn offs, but as an immersive, action packed game: none other than Halo compares at the moment.

Amazing how many cool games are suddenly there on the shelves these days. Seemed like this summer I'd played all there was to play on the Black and Green Machine.

:cheers:

skorp
12-11-2003, 07:37 PM
Its really know as an RPG... But its really a mix of the two.. RPG/FPS Game... So I guess this game could be talked about on the RPG forum and this forum as well...:)