PDA

View Full Version : Halo Question?

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-01-2002, 10:48 AM
Level 2 is the hardest level!!!!

Where is the beacon?
The girl keeps saying "I think we should stay near the beacon"

Where is it?

There is like 30 aliens running at me at once, and I even used plasma grenades. I can't beat it.

HELP!

Sodacider
01-01-2002, 02:49 PM
I, too, had this problem when I first got the game. The difference is, I got the game on November 15th.

The beacon is the structure you went to that shoots a blue energy marker into the air. It's giant. Two walkways, an upper floor, places to hide, medic packs, everything.

If your surrounded by enemies, that's your first and foremost problem. They were hard for me at first, too. Learn to always duck behind obstacles as often as you possible can, and try to hit from a distance... most especially learn how to use grenades effectively.

This section -may be- hard now, but once you beat it you'll have learned quite a bit about how to play the game.

WhiteWynter
01-01-2002, 07:12 PM
i just typed this in another forum

level 2 : halo on legendary : getting to the warthog relatively easy

from the beginning, grab the suppllies and head the hill directly north instead of crossing the brigde. let them dropship blah blah. and from a far distance, far enough to snipe the grunts. use headshots to conserve pistol ammo. then there will be 2 elites. you can pop them with the pistol too but they tend to run behind rocks so do your thing with those guys. you kill this group of baddies first because when you go ahead over the bridge and down the hill, you get trapped and they attack you on two fronts.
(behind and front duh)

for some reason theres two more grunts across they brigde pop them a cap or two, and watch out for those grenade-happy grunts.

then, two banshees come. destroy one and the other retreats. banshees are simple to destroy. shoot them from a distance with pistol zoom and when they are lured close enough to you ( after you attack you and are rounding back) use the assualt rifle and be quick to aim and follow. also remember to use trees for protection.

for the pass before the life beacon, theres like, 1-2 elites? and buncha grunts. pistol up the grunts using zoom, so you dont get heavily under fire . and bam. kill elite, just run around the rock hes ducking under and hit him with a full clip which will deplete his shields switch to pistol finish. now at this point you should pick up a covenant pistol and over to the life beacon.

i dont remember what i did with the convenant that was already there, but after like 1 dropship arrives, 3 come, like all at the same time, this was hell. they was just too many, like at least 20 enemies including 6-8 elites. no way in hell did i beat that. i snuck out towards the northeast complex and headed farrrrrr out. at first i tried my stupid sniper tactics which i discovered i did not have enough ammo for. you can kill all the grunts and maybe 1-2 jackals with the sniping pistol crap, but the elites, nope. just continue out rounding the life beacon, farrr where the really steeep slope is at, at a certian point, cortana just radios in forhammer or something, and then the elites are gone.... and there is your warthog.