PDA

View Full Version : is worms 3D better than others

DRunKeN.LegEnD
12-08-2003, 09:44 AM
which of the worms games do you find to be the best..the recent worms 3D for xbox is a discrace.

what are you opinions about this? :argue1:

:cheers: merry xmas 2 u all :cheers:

jelgiad
12-08-2003, 10:38 AM
i havent played a full version of worms 3d, just the demo. Thought it was alright, but i couldnt get my aiming down. I want to play a full version so i can go through the training. As far as which one is the best, i would have to say world party. Not too much different than armageddon, but its fun to play multiplayer with crazy crates.

studepaber
12-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Drunken - whats so bad about it? from the movies and demo it looks pretty fun... I'm a big fan of the Worms series and am looking foward to this game hitting the states (alhough not sure when it's coming out here)

DRunKeN.LegEnD
12-08-2003, 12:14 PM
you want some reasons...

it should never have been made 3D the whole worms genre was originally 2D and worked very well in 2D.
im not saying that its a bad game im just saying its not as good as others such as worms world party and the classic worms. also on xbox it has no live play which sux it up a bit.

if you going to buy this game atleast get it for PC so you can play online. it does look prettty fun yes and im not saying that its not.

i havnt played more than the demo and there was also no ninja rope which craps up the gameplay as the shopper, ropper, proper modes etc cannot be played as easily...the multiplayer value has been downgraded because of this as on other worms games the most used weapon was this and you wouldnt find hardly any games that ddi not use this

i have other reasons to say w3D isnt the best worms game but what i have said is enough. it should have remained a two dimensional game as this was its greatest difference in its genre. it offered great party style playability with a 2D backdrop which was great. worms3D to me seems like that totally stupid super farm game with more weapons...not that the weapons are bad there the best ive seen in any game for along time.

rothgar
12-08-2003, 12:48 PM
no ninja rope?!? :cuss: thats all i needed to hear to not buy it when i have the chance. i dont even understand how it can be called worms anymore. :cry:

jelgiad
12-08-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by DRunKeN.LegEnD

i havnt played more than the demo and there was also no ninja rope which craps up the gameplay as the shopper, ropper, proper modes etc cannot be played as easily...the multiplayer value has been downgraded because of this as on other worms games the most used weapon was this and you wouldnt find hardly any games that ddi not use this

key words "DEMO VERSION" I doubt that small assortment of wepons that were given on the demo was everything that is available in the retail version. I agree with you that the 2D worms games will beat Worms 3D any day, but dont count it out until you've played more than the five minute demo.

Addsy
12-08-2003, 01:11 PM
Yeah the new w3d sux a bit coz theres no ninja ropes nd they ruled in world party.

It shud have never gone 3d, its a big mistake in the worms series coz it ruled 2d and every 1 knows it.

STUPID TEAM 17 KILL THEM KILL THEM!!!:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

DRunKeN.LegEnD
12-08-2003, 01:32 PM
yeah but if u use a hex editor on the demo version you can get ALL the weapons. so jelgiad ur wrong.

words of jelgiad -- "key words "DEMO VERSION" I doubt that small assortment of wepons that were given on the demo was everything that is available in the retail version. I agree with you that the 2D worms games will beat Worms 3D any day, but dont count it out until you've played more than the five minute demo."

it was only 1 map and 1 team but it had all the weapons.
buy the game then.....theres no ninja rope reason enough not to buy and theres no online play. these were the best two aspects of the worms world party and other worms games. and they've been removed.

if your looking for a worms game to buy by all means buy worms 3D but if you want a longer lasting game for your money but worms world party, the multiplayer lifespan is endless.

Variation-XBA
12-08-2003, 03:05 PM
Actually there is ninja ropes..

It kinda gives you this weird angle when you use it so it looks/feels like its 2d, but it just doesnt work...

Been playing Worms since the origional, but 3D just doesnt seem to fit...

Its nice to look at and everything, but the way some of the weps work now (air strike etc) is nothing the same, even a little bit...

DDR2theEXTREME
12-08-2003, 03:08 PM
worms 3D should die. 2D is so much better with worms. World Party is awesome. You can set it too all weapons on. Now that is fun. (usually a round with that on is over very quickly)

DRunKeN.LegEnD
12-08-2003, 03:12 PM
finally some people say worms 3d is sh1t which it is. there is no gameplay value after a wile..i was wrong about the ninja rope but still it wont really work in a 3d enviroment, worms should be a 2d game and stay 2d.

Team 17 you suck this game could have been great but u manage to fsck it up for every1... AND NO XBOX LIVE WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!! :yikes::yikes:

Arrakis44
12-08-2003, 05:25 PM
The original Worms game will always be the best in my eyes, i remember the first time i played it- over at a mates house with 2 other guys on his PS1, great fun, especially after a few drinks ;)

Addsy
12-08-2003, 05:30 PM
Yeah i agree there, all of the worms series except w3d have been mega fun, yeah especially with a few drinks ind33d :cheers:
anything to make it more fun eh....well itll have you playing like a complete newb but hey its all fun aint it.

:p :p

HellHawk
12-10-2003, 12:45 PM
eh...um..........never played any of them!

bobby9989
12-10-2003, 04:41 PM
My favorite is worms armageddon. I loved that on the PS1.

Variation-XBA
12-10-2003, 06:23 PM
The best ever was Armageddon on PC back in the day before some A$$ hacked the servers, and then there was no ranking, and the interest for most dropped completely.

Sigh....