PDA

View Full Version : Aiming on Xbox

m0ZarT
12-08-2003, 01:56 PM
I just had a big discussion with my older brother..... he LOVES his PC... :D he LOVES FPS games on PC...... and we were talking about the aim on Xbox....

He said that you will never get the same aim on Xbox with a controller, as you get on PC with a mouse, and I believe he is right..... but at the same time, I can totally wack him in Halo on Xbox... while we are mostly even on PC..... I do certainly have a better aim on Xbox rather than the PC......

Is it just a matter of what you are use to..... or is it really easier on PC or Xbox?

I have to say that I've been playing CS on PC for 4 years now..... and I still aim better on Xbox......

what is better..... are they even.... ???

Variation-XBA
12-08-2003, 03:15 PM
I love the PC whiners that can't live without a KB/Mouse...

Mouse may be more accurate sometimes... but its liek anything else, with practice, you can be a sniper or whatever too on XB..

I just laugh when people whine about not having their mouse while playing a system... its a nice excuse though... :P

Theory Of Games
12-10-2003, 10:08 AM
I find they can both work well.

I can use both and I can't say I prefer one over the other. I will just them when I need to...

Shadow20002
12-10-2003, 03:27 PM
Well, if you pratice more, you can become really accurate when playing FPS on Xbox.

GoG-Mercury
12-10-2003, 10:56 PM
personally i really enjoy the look of the games on a pc to a console, but for overall control, i prefer to be able to walk in any direction i choose rather than be limited to 8 directions via a combination of 2 arrow keys.
i play halo pc using a logitech wingman cordless controller and still snipe the head off of ppl using a mouse and keyboard cuz they just can't move well enuf.

HellHawk
12-14-2003, 08:39 PM
both good, my comp can run crap for games, only WC3 and FT!

Sexaya
12-15-2003, 01:54 AM
It all depends, for sniping I'd definitely choose the PC even though you can get pretty accurate with a good controller. I mentioned the fact that Counter-Strike is coming out to the XBox to a friend of mine who plays it a lot and he laughed, he said it'll suck because the controls won't be accurate.

*sigh* But it doesn't matter, for me - nothing beats playing on the XBox. It's got an entirely different (and better) feel than on the PC, it just seems more natural and immersive.

nof
12-15-2003, 12:01 PM
Plus the autoaim on the Xbox version makes up for the lack of accuracy on the Xbox. Without auto-aim Halo would be almost impossible to play.

You guys are comparing apples and oranges. Because the controls are completely different you can't say which one is more accurate.

Sexaya
12-15-2003, 12:06 PM
I disagree with you on both your remarks:

A) Halo would be possible without auto-aim, because I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong), that Legendary mode has no auto-aim and it is possible. And besides I've found myself many times aiming for a perfect headshot all by myself.
B) We're not asking which is better, we're asking where is it more accurate. Therfore, we're trying to see where you'll get better accuracy results. It's like comparing which is better for your health, an orange or an apple. :D

skorp
12-15-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by m0ZarT
I just had a big discussion with my older brother..... he LOVES his PC... :D he LOVES FPS games on PC...... and we were talking about the aim on Xbox....

He said that you will never get the same aim on Xbox with a controller, as you get on PC with a mouse, and I believe he is right..... but at the same time, I can totally wack him in Halo on Xbox... while we are mostly even on PC..... I do certainly have a better aim on Xbox rather than the PC......

Is it just a matter of what you are use to..... or is it really easier on PC or Xbox?

I have to say that I've been playing CS on PC for 4 years now..... and I still aim better on Xbox......

what is better..... are they even.... ???

From my perspective... I think using the mouse was "easier" to use or easier to pick up quickly than the thumb stick because the thumb stick was fairly new to me other than the standard D-Pad I was always used to with the older systems... But it really depends on the person. Its not really a matter of which is better. I am proficient with both now. But when I first played Halo my aiming (HUD) was swaying all over the place. Can you imagine when I was driving the Warthog?! It took longer for me to learn how to play with the Xbox controller. All in all I love the Xbox controller its controls/ buttons are set up nicely for my hands and not cramping like other controllers...

So I guess its just up to the person playing if he feels comfortable... If they can play on both more power to yah! But it also boils down to which games the Gamer wants to play it with...

nutsnyomowf
12-19-2003, 09:14 PM
Jack of both,Master of none.