PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online

chunkyman9000
12-08-2003, 02:57 PM
Im considering getting PSO after i get Live in a week but i was very pissed off when i found out that i needed to pay and xtra £6 a month on top of the Live payment. Since the 1st year of Live is free im OK moneywise to pay for it but when it runs out and i hav 2 pay £10 for Live and PSO i mite hit a prob cus i is only 14 and i dont earn that much cash and i was wondering if it is really really worth it. Oh and how dus the character development work and stuff like that.

Cheerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Variation-XBA
12-08-2003, 03:13 PM
If you dont like it, can't afford it, then dont pay.... simple... but then yer stuck with the game afterwords...

BunnyRabbit
12-08-2003, 07:30 PM
That game takes about 300 hourst to fully beat... So if you plan on beating it realize it may take a year or so... So if you want to pay htat money...Thats you.. Honestly the PSO for GC was much better.. I mean it also required monthly pay but not ontop of any live account or anything..But GC had offline play... Xbox made a mistake trying to make taht online only...Too bad.:(

Sigma
12-08-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit
That game takes about 300 hourst to fully beat... So if you plan on beating it realize it may take a year or so... So if you want to pay htat money...Thats you.. Honestly the PSO for GC was much better.. I mean it also required monthly pay but not ontop of any live account or anything..But GC had offline play... Xbox made a mistake trying to make taht online only...Too bad.:(
In my case the GCN verison of PSO costed more then the Xbox verison would if I bought it. I paid $50 for the game, $35 for the broadband adaptor, and $100 for an import keyboard/controller not to mention the $8.95 a month to play the game. PSO is great and all, but it gets repeditive very quickly. I personally enjoyed PSO more on the Dreamcast. I suggest waiting for True Fantasy Live Online instead.

pepitonet
12-09-2003, 10:11 PM
PSO xbox has offline play you need a gamer tag you could use your friends as long as you don't connect to live your friend is fine if you want to connect then get your own. i just don't get why so many of you say it has no offline play mode.

If you like collecting rares then PSO is a great game, with 9 characters each of them with their unique pro-cons and 9 Section ID on each of them you get different item posibilities the ability to play up to 4 players in offline mode in 3 different game plays(normal,challenge,battle) the game has enought replay value to keep you playing for over 400 hours.
NOTE: no you don't need a hunter license to play offline