PDA

View Full Version : Action Replay good or bad?

MikeMan91389
12-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Hey, Is action replay good or bad in ur opinion. Please add all you can.

This is oour debate:
HIM: yo
HIM: dogg
ME: hi
HIM: Action Replay is too cool for school
ME: u have it?
HIM: nope
ME: i think its G4y
HIM: no
ME: dont get it
HIM: it is fun
HIM: im not going to
HIM: but...it is fun
ME: mmm.. ok... but its f()()king up XBOX live
ME: ppl mess around with it and all these game servers are goin down lol
HIM: it isnt totally messing it up
HIM: it is making it better
HIM: haha
ME: what?
ME: how is it makin live better?
ME: its filling it with cheaters
HIM: it is more fun
HIM: maybe on Tennis or whatever...or Amped
ME: on all games...
ME: RTCW
HIM: nope
ME: yeah
HIM: as soon as anyone sees a colored name, they kick em
HIM: if they dont want to use it
ME: i got like 5000 ppl to back me up on XBA (Xboxaddicts.com) lol
ME: and ppl get away with it tho
HIM: so
HIM: if the host isnt on there team, host cant see name then
HIM: why does it matter
ME: cuz its *** and wasting time, for everyone, no fun,
ME: and Live
HIM: ok..

I gotta ask him. How is cheating fun, when 2 weeks ago you sed my brother hacking starcraft wouldnt be fun... And, would you play with the dissadvantage??!?!?!

Anyways, post replies!

bretman1234
12-08-2003, 05:37 PM
I have it, cuz my cousin gave it to me for free, and I have never used it. I once tried, but apparently I have to download stuff from my computer and im too lazy. I'd say bad.:)

BunnyRabbit
12-08-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234
I have it, cuz my cousin gave it to me for free, and I have never used it. I once tried, but apparently I have to download stuff from my computer and im too lazy. I'd say bad.:)

I won one from XBA...YAy... Anyway, I hope its cool... I mean you make it sound so bad... Id thought I could go and have some fun with this thing... I guess Ill give you my opinion when I get it..:p

SPAWNFORGE.COM
12-08-2003, 05:46 PM
My wife and I bought one for our PS2, and that thing was a POS. I don't really know about the XBox, but half the codes for the PS2 version didn't work, and their support site sucked. I hope you have a better experience with the XBox version.

MikeMan91389
12-08-2003, 05:49 PM
WEll, it is fun, but dont use it on live

mitch2025
12-08-2003, 05:51 PM
i have the xbox versions and i only use it to get some hacked halo saves like being an elite and stuff

BlindSniper
12-08-2003, 06:06 PM
Action replay is just stupid. That is it just stupid. I have never had a ps2, but on live people are always telling me that in socom, people everywhere have hax becuas eof action replay. You can't get into a public game without them. Now that is ***. Everybody wants a fair game and a shot at getting great statistics. I AM NOT A PS2 FANBOY!! I don't have ps2 but anyways......I got in over 100 just about 130 hours in on RTCW on xbox live. I simply loved it I was kicking everyones tail and not being a cheap, yet lovable panzer. Now, if you get like this the game becomes really fun and alot of people are really good on it. I don't know if its hacks or they are just awsome but it sets up a great challenge. Then people started using all sorts of super bullet head shot gravity defying hacks that caused havoc everywhere!!! Now I can hardly get into a legit game. So I quit RTCW and started playing counterstrike non-stop (great game). It is really sad that a great game like RTCW has to be ruined because of a device put on store shelves. Also, who hacks a game? who has the time and actually wants to hack a game? Sure there are thousands of geeks who do it, but it really ruins the enjoyment. Now that is merely my opinion.

HellHawk
12-08-2003, 06:17 PM
ALL THINGS THAT CHEAT/ALLOW YOU TO CHEAT ARE BAD! grr...at action replay!

BunnyRabbit
12-08-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by mitch2025
i have the xbox versions and i only use it to get some hacked halo saves like being an elite and stuff

Wait a second dude... You can play as an elite in Halo with this mechanism?!

Holy crap tell me more...EWht kind of things can you do with it... and keep it to the good stuff...:p

MikeMan91389
12-08-2003, 06:21 PM
LMFAO Bunny!!!!!

No Fear 23
12-08-2003, 06:43 PM
well im asking for one for x-mas. bc it saves me time from unlocking everything like in PGR2. but i have one question, what exactly does Action replay do? unlock stuff, getting the cheat codes, finding secrets, etc?

im just confused on what action replay really does.

ghost 009
12-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Whats action replay? I was on Rainbow Six 3 and some guy said him and his friend were hosting a game and his friend worked for microsoft and he could hack stuff and he told the guy with action replay to get rid of it and he didnt so he did something and fried his xbox. Sounds like you guys aren't saying anything bad about it, so if I was the guy that got my xbox fried I would went to that guys house and beat the $--- outta that nerd. That guy had to buy another x-box.

Oh wait never mind it hacks, but even if you do hack games I will conside you a nerd I wouldn't fry the guys xbox just kick him off the server. I'd buy one for halo but I probally wouldnt hack on xbox live, and I have never hacked an online game, I did have a gameshark though for N64 and that was the shizzol fo fizzol.

FuNkY mOnK
12-08-2003, 07:06 PM
Do what you want just keep it clean on xbox Live or what's the point.

Casper
12-08-2003, 07:21 PM
Action Replay is the devil incarnate for XboxLive. I really hope that MS realizes this and does something about it. It completely trashed RTCW and will only start to hit each game as the hackers get a chance to. As of right now, XBL is NOT cheat proof, but yet, we were promised that.

Boo to AR...it's for cheaters and I hate cheaters....

BunnyRabbit
12-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA
Action Replay is the devil incarnate for XboxLive. I really hope that MS realizes this and does something about it. It completely trashed RTCW and will only start to hit each game as the hackers get a chance to. As of right now, XBL is NOT cheat proof, but yet, we were promised that.

Boo to AR...it's for cheaters and I hate cheaters....

?!???!?!?!?!? GRAGHH!! I thought it was like awesome so I went and won it... Now people are telling me its a negative? I mean I dont plan to use it on Xbox Live.. I just want to pretty much use the stuff on games and do stuff with it that you couldnt possibly do without it...

Is it generally cool and good in your eyes in that way?

Erg...Well either way it was free... So Yay~!:p

MikeMan91389
12-08-2003, 08:31 PM
yah, its cool for some things, but it is ruining XBL

FuNkY mOnK
12-08-2003, 08:37 PM
To unlock a TVR12 in PGR2 you have to beat the game in platinum, because of action replay everybody and their mother has one. this will only prove one thing, low performance driver with high performance car.

TheChosen001
12-08-2003, 08:59 PM
Cheat is not good !!

No Fear 23
12-08-2003, 09:38 PM
mmm, i really didnt know u could use action replay on xbl. and i thought only a modded xbox was able to do that (which is why u get banned from xbl) anyway, could u get banned from xbl if u use the action replay?

also for AR, cant u just use it to unlock the stuff before going on live instead of spending days to unlock it?

i just may have to cross that off my list since its not what i thought it would be.

FuNkY mOnK
12-08-2003, 09:54 PM
Yes action reply is to unlock the un-lockable, next time you play pgr2 listen to the guy with the TVR12,if he says it's uncontrollable chances are he unlocked it with AR.

MikeMan91389
12-08-2003, 10:26 PM
yeah... it will just make future xbox live tournies... (actual ones.. in person) look funny cuz no1 will be as good as the stats suggesst!

c_a_i_l_l_o_u
12-09-2003, 01:35 AM
Action replay would be fine for offline, but it just f***s up online play. Look at wolfenstein, or Socom 1. It's fun for a bit to cheat I guess but it's way more fun and rewarding to play without cheats. AC is for teh n00bz

l Maximus l
12-09-2003, 01:57 AM
The only time I would use an Action Replay is if I beat a game back and forth up...up and down...and wasn't planning on playing the game again until Action Replay would put new twists on the game for me.

I don't know if this can happen since I've never used one or have had the interest. But, if push comes to shove, that's the only reason why I would actually try one.

Addsy
12-09-2003, 10:31 AM
ok action replays do suck coz i bought 1. i never cheat and i never will, i only bought it coz there r sum good things on it like u can have coloured names on RTCW online. i would never have one to cheat and i think thats all it is good for. cheats will like it tho

RagunCajun
12-09-2003, 11:30 AM
The AR site doesnt check the saves to see if they are legit. My bud bought on because of something we seen on the site. It said for halo "banshees in multiplayer." Comes to find out some jackass kid thought it would be funny. We loaded up the game and it was ghost in BG. Waste of $$$. I did saved some moto gp 2 files so i can play the game with everything unlocked.

I find using it for single player is ok. Multiplayer on the other hand i dont like it. I wish there would be someway of banning folks. Need for speed Underground folks cheat on ps2 online. I cheapens the game.

Addsy
12-09-2003, 12:03 PM
yeah i was disappointed coz at the time the only games i had were PSO and wolvenstein and there werent many decent codes and none of them for PSO worked so i took it back

FuNkY mOnK
12-09-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389
yeah... it will just make future xbox live tournies... (actual ones.. in person) look funny cuz no1 will be as good as the stats suggesst!
Exactly, the other night we raced with this guy that un-locked the TVR12 in PGR2 with AR, he said he didn't, but judging the way he was driving we could have all beat him with the mini. So who's lying here?

Addsy
12-09-2003, 12:09 PM
yeah i got Project Gotham 2 and ive seen loads of ppl on there with a ferari enzo saying they have unlocked all the cars legit and i could beat them in a larder ffs.

Action replays really do suck for online games unless it is 1 which doesnt help u in the game like the wolvenstein 1 where u can change ur name colour that isnt cheating it is just cool.

FuNkY mOnK
12-09-2003, 12:19 PM
The Enzo Ferrari can be had for 22 Kudo Tokens and i believe you have to win all circuits on steel, no biggie It's the higher beast's That are a ***** to earn.

Addsy
12-09-2003, 01:14 PM
yeah the little cheater had it and i beat him in a mini cooper

monster1234
12-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Personally, with the Xbox, I think there's no reason to get an Action Replay.

Addsy
12-09-2003, 02:32 PM
yeah i know theresd no point coz theres not many games which u can get decent things from, its only game saves and who wants them wen u buy a game, u wanna complete it urself otherwise its boring.

Dark Enemy
12-09-2003, 02:46 PM
Action Replay is good for people who are busy and dont have time to unlock everything. So they unlock everything with the action replay. Its good and bad. People are using it to cheat on live. It will take away replay value of the game cause there will be nothing left to do in lets say pgr2.

Addsy
12-09-2003, 02:48 PM
yeah it is good if u have pgr2 and u have no time 2 get all the cars coz they wont have as much fun cozx they dont have time 2 complete.

good point there.

ShaDovV RyDer
12-09-2003, 03:18 PM
well i guess thats a good point...i dont no on pso u could like make doubles of weapons so that virtually no charcter on there was legit...i dont care for cheating in ne game st ne time cause it takes all the fun out of it...well i do kinda enjoy flying cheats but thats not the point...if u want AR for offline things go for it but it messed up my friends game with one of those cheats...so take thee risk just dont use it on XBL and u wont be disliked by all u come across...pce

Addsy
12-09-2003, 03:21 PM
yeah i used 2 hear of ppl duping weapons all the time on PSO i knew loads of ppl who did it. I had an action replay and the only thing it is good for is offline if you have already completed the game and there is some secrets to get or things for fun...but no online stuff, i didnt use it for that. I hate online cheaters :cuss:

J4320
12-09-2003, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't cheat online or anything but, what kind of cheats do they have for halo?? YOU CAN BE AN ELITE!:D Will the covenent be on your side? What all is there for halo??

Addsy
12-09-2003, 09:07 PM
ok there are some cool ones for halo but i do warn you i tried some and they dont work. see for yourself if u buy one.

here they are:

you can drive the wraith (convenant tank) in assault on the control room

you can use the Gold Elites plasma sword

you can spawn a banshee on multiplayer maps

they are the only ones i remember because i took it back, coz there wasnt a lot left for me to get.:watchout:

RagunCajun
12-10-2003, 12:10 AM
i tried some halo ones mentioned. They didnt work. If you buy it for halo, please dont. Those things can only be done with a modded box....i think.

MikeMan91389
12-10-2003, 06:05 AM
So, in conclusion of this thread,

Action Replay Is Ruining Xbox Live!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FuNkY mOnK
12-10-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389
So, in conclusion of this thread,

Action Replay Is Ruining Xbox Live!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not ruining anything, you still have to compete with some of the best racers out there. AR gives you the car not the skills.

Addsy
12-10-2003, 09:08 AM
yeah, most of the saves for halo dont work, and if they do work you have to have a modded xbox. its a shame because that could have made halo so good.

MikeMan91389
12-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Yeah, the car that they get will help some, plus, i didnt say PGR2, i sed Xbox Live, and u cant say the n00bs only have a 1 shot kill thing but no skillz, cuz they'd still shoot :)