PDA

View Full Version : Bloodwake

heartsxcarved
01-01-2002, 02:45 PM
Im getting bloodwake in a few minutes.. yay! i hope its worth it...

Plewis
01-01-2002, 04:20 PM
ok, what kind of thread is this?

heartsxcarved
01-01-2002, 05:17 PM
Im not all that impressed with bloodwake.. i thought it would be more fun... Its a COOL thread....

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-01-2002, 07:05 PM
Well, now you downed me again.
I ain't sure if I should get BW or not?

DOOM
01-01-2002, 07:19 PM
BW is a great game!

Pimpn419
01-01-2002, 09:05 PM
BW Is worth It.. you may not like It If your fav. game for xbox Is Mad Dash Racing.. but It's a very good game and worth every penny in my opinion!

-Matt

JAC
01-01-2002, 09:53 PM
It is a **** good game. The mere water effects alone make it cool. hehe I'm just frustrated with it now, because level 8 on Act 2 is kicking my A-HOLE!

DOOM
01-02-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by JAC
It is a **** good game. The mere water effects alone make it cool. hehe I'm just frustrated with it now, because level 8 on Act 2 is kicking my A-HOLE!

YEAH, Me Too!!!!:(

LynxFX
01-02-2002, 12:33 AM
I'm still stuck on Act 1 level 8. lol

Cool game, just wish they included realistic wakes and water effects. There no V wake behind boats. That should be in there.

JAC
01-02-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I'm still stuck on Act 1 level 8. lol

Cool game, just wish they included realistic wakes and water effects. There no V wake behind boats. That should be in there.

Unless I missed something, there is no Act 1 lev 8. You're probably on Act 2 lev 8 with the rest of us! I'm detecting the hint of a trend here!!!! Wow, did they play test this game or what? I'd bet good money that level 9 is going to be a breeze and the problem is that level 8 is not even close to being in sequence, difficultywise.

About the water effects, I guess I need to get out in boats more often, so I can see what in the world you're talking about. lol

DOOM
01-02-2002, 09:39 AM
The Water ( Especially Stormy ) Looks Awesome!!!

LynxFX
01-02-2002, 09:54 AM
Did it switch acts on me without me even noticing? It is level 8 of the whole game to clarify. Anyway it is the one where you go in to sink two cargo ships. **** they have heavy security around there. Lots of turrets.

DOOM
01-02-2002, 10:34 AM
KICKS MY ASS!!!
I Need GOD Code...;)

JAC
01-02-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Did it switch acts on me without me even noticing? It is level 8 of the whole game to clarify. Anyway it is the one where you go in to sink two cargo ships. **** they have heavy security around there. Lots of turrets.

Yeah that's the little monster that's screwing us all up.

I don't usually use God mode type stuff, but I'll be waiting for that too (at least for story mode). I'll use it to get by this one single level (that I've seen all of anyways) and then I'll turn off God mode. This wouldn't be necessary if they had play tested it for difficulty. :/

l Maximus l
01-02-2002, 12:46 PM
Blood Wake looks like a pretty cool game...but, one thing bugs me about it...on some streaming video clips, I can't stand it when the boat twists around on one of those sideways ramps...it looks corny as hell in my opinion. Other than that, the game looks cool, but, as you all know, streaming video doesn't do justice for most of the games out there.

I think I will rent it and see if it's worth buying. Is it really worth every penny to buy it straight out or would everyone advise me to rent it first?

Pimpn419
01-02-2002, 03:37 PM
I finally beat level 8 on act 2 last night on the easy difficutly.. and then I blew through levels 9 & 10 on easy! Now I'm working on level 8 on the medium difficulty..

-Matt

Vteck3000
01-02-2002, 06:32 PM
Is it really a fun game ???????? Is it like playing Vigilant 8 or Twisted Metal ????????? Will anyone do a review of this game soon on XBOX ADDICT ????????? Thank you :D

DOOM
01-02-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by JAC

Yeah that's the little monster that's screwing us all up.

I don't usually use God mode type stuff, but I'll be waiting for that too (at least for story mode). I'll use it to get by this one single level (that I've seen all of anyways) and then I'll turn off God mode. This wouldn't be necessary if they had play tested it for difficulty. :/
You took the words outa my mouth!

robnyack
01-02-2002, 09:58 PM
I love this game! The water effects are excellent. Graphically, besides the water effect, it's not the greatest game ever, but, it really is a fun, fast, simple game that can get pretty intense when you got nasty ships all around you and gun turrets firing at you from the land.

I'm on level 4 scene 16

I'd give this game an 8.0

Pimpn419
01-03-2002, 12:34 PM
I'm currently on Act 3 level 11.. but I like to beat all the levels on Admiral up to the point I'm on In the game.. not beat It on easy, then Capitan, then Admiral. So I'm working on beating level 8 on admiral, then I'll work my way to levels 9 & 10 on Admiral (I've already got them all beat on Capitan), but the only problem I'm really having Is I can't seem to unlock teh Eeil (sp?) ship.. the one with the green Eeils on the sides of the ship. Do I have to beat level 9 on Admiral first before I get that ship?

Thanks,

-Matt

l Maximus l
01-03-2002, 01:13 PM
I have a couple questions: Is Bloodwake a "must buy"? And, what game could be compared to it from a level of fun? (I don't mean genre, I mean a comparable game that is of equal fun even if it is in a completely different genre). I appreciate it because from what I keep reading, the game sounds pretty d a m n sweet! :p

JADE8704
01-03-2002, 07:00 PM
well max,

bloodwake in my opinion is a must buy... the missions are challenging and the multiplayer is fun...especially with 4 people...if there are only 2 people, its still ok because there are BOTS. i would compare the playing to N64s Goldeneye (imo). its fun, challenging, and it has alot of eye candy :)

eddy

heartsxcarved
01-03-2002, 07:08 PM
Ya.. i agree with you all.. Now that im into it its a great game, except for level 8! I cant seem to get by it.. There should be more weapons though...

Pimpn419
01-04-2002, 04:38 AM
I can't beat level 8 on Admiral for s***!!! It's a hard @$$ level all right.. and I've only played level 11 on Act 3 a couple times on Ensign.. but It seems to be pretty hard too! All of a sudden this game's gotten really tough!

-Matt

JAC
01-04-2002, 09:30 AM
YEah, I'm still going to wait for a God Code. Once I have it I'll attempt a level maybe up to about 10 times by myself. If I can't get it in that time, then I'll God my way through that one alone. I just don't have the kind of time on my hands to spend 100 hours on one level of one game. :/

JAC
01-04-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by heartsxcarved
I want to be a girl.

How about I just make you feel like a girl? Sorry too good to resist. j/k :P

l Maximus l
01-04-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by JADE8704
well max,

bloodwake in my opinion is a must buy... the missions are challenging and the multiplayer is fun...especially with 4 people...if there are only 2 people, its still ok because there are BOTS. i would compare the playing to N64s Goldeneye (imo). its fun, challenging, and it has alot of eye candy :)

eddy

Thanks for the reply. Goldeneye on the N64 was a great game for me, too. And, you mentioned that Bloodwake has a multi-player function...which makes the game sound even better! But, I'm curious, does Bloodwake work with the System Link for LAN play?

JJaX
01-04-2002, 12:16 PM
/JJaX Takes intrest in Bloodwake

Hmmmm all this talk about this game. Maybe ill rent it 1st. Like Maximus said, Does it support System link play??? that would be sweet. What Multiplayer modes does it support? CTF, TAg etc.....
And hows the framerate, Single player vs 4 player split screen etc..........:cool:

JADE8704
01-04-2002, 03:08 PM
sad to say there will be no LAN or system link for bloodwake :(

l Maximus l
01-04-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by JADE8704
sad to say there will be no LAN or system link for bloodwake :(

:eek: I think I will rent it first.

Sniper2
01-04-2002, 03:49 PM
I own bloodwake i just can't decide whether to open it or take it back and save the money for a better game. This is killin me...

TRIGGAH
01-04-2002, 04:06 PM
Well I rented Bloodwake last night, and well it's nothing special. I mean I played it for an hour or so and so did my friends and we were definitely not impressed. The only cool thing was the wave effects, apart from that the game was definitely nothing special. It doesn't suck but I am definitely not buying this game.
PEACE

l Maximus l
01-04-2002, 04:10 PM
Sniper...I would strongly recommend that you rent the game and see it for yourself. It's difficult to judge what type of game you like...to me, the game looks pretty cool, though, I haven't played it yet...I do plan on renting it before I consider buying it.

I understand that it is not LAN compatible...If it was, I would definately buy it even without renting it. System Link play would make the game exceptional.

robnyack
01-04-2002, 07:24 PM
you guys are nuts!

Blood Wake is an AWESOME game. I am so hooked on this thing. I too was not very impressed when I first popped it in. It seemed way to simple. Little drawings on wrinkled paper....big whoop! But, once I got into it, I was hooked.

It's a simple, yet extremely fun and, at times, intense game. Very cool missions, VERY replayable.

I originally gave it an 8.0...I gotta bump it up to an 8.5.

Game Nazi
01-04-2002, 08:45 PM
Hey, for the people who are stuck on Act 2, Mission 8, here is my walkthrough that I made for it. It isn't that hard. I beat it on my forth try.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4944

Pimpn419
01-06-2002, 03:21 AM
Hardware:

xbox
4 controllers
DVD Playback Kit

Games:

BloodWake
Halo
Munch's Oddysee
Cel Damage
Fuzion Frenzy
NFL Fever

Game's I'm Getting Next:

Wreckless
Hunter: The Reckoning
Maximum Chase

Game's I've gotta think a little more about Getting:

Silent Hill 2
Enclave
Escape from the Maelstorm
Max Payne

-Matt

Pimpn419
01-06-2002, 03:27 AM
I liked the game "BloodWake" from the second I popped It in my box.. the multiplayer Isn't that fun until you start unlocking new boats and levels and such. I liked It just fine before I had all the extra stuff, but now It's even better. Just like everyone else has said before, you sorta have to get past the first couple levels before you really get the feel of the game.

I also have Dragon's Lair and Dragon's Lair 2 (I've beaten Dragon's Lair.. but I haven't played DL 2 all that much yet.. so far It seems awesome). I really like playing them when I'm frustrated with Halo or BloodWake.

I've got an xbox carrying case too, but It's not the one that folds out.. (as seen In the xbox mag.) I'm getting that one too though.. maybe selling the one I have. Anyone wanna buy It? Last but not least.. an xbox game case (though I'll probably never use It).

-Matt