PDA

View Full Version : Pissed....

Dark_Killer
12-08-2003, 08:58 PM
i been tryin to get on the chat for like an hour now but keeps sayin that i need to login when im already loged, i read the forum and said somethin about enabling cookies and reinstalling java and all but nothin works....... and now im missin the PGR2 giveaway

prakeem
12-08-2003, 09:13 PM
Sorry to hear that dude. Not to worry, plenty of more games to be given away. Contact one of the mods here to see if they can help you out.

xbox genius
12-08-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Dark_Killer
i been tryin to get on the chat for like an hour now but keeps sayin that i need to login when im already loged, i read the forum and said somethin about enabling cookies and reinstalling java and all but nothin works....... and now im missin the PGR2 giveaway

dont be pissed, you had nothing to lose right? its a benefit to have a giveaway like the XBL giveaway and BAG, dont worry there are 2 weeks left on XBL giveaway and BAG w/ grand prize.

plus i had a problem like yours, but i dont know how ... sorry.... i just remember it not loggin in and than the next day it works

Addsy
12-08-2003, 09:53 PM
omg i know that is so annoying, is it wen u try 2 post summet it asks u 2 log in, and then it says an error message sayin summet like there is no thread detected or sum crap like that:cuss: :cuss:

dances with broom sticks
12-08-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Addsy
omg i know that is so annoying, is it wen u try 2 post summet it asks u 2 log in, and then it says an error message sayin summet like there is no thread detected or sum crap like that:cuss: :cuss:

I dont think you understand... He is talking about that hatroom.... not a thread post.

You can solve your problem by logging in maybe? The chat room one is more difficult. I guess my only advice is to try and make sure you can get in before the contest starts

Addsy
12-08-2003, 10:02 PM
oh rite lol, i neva got round 2 restarting my pc wen i downloaded the java thingy.

why the hell wen i visit the site does it ask me 2 log in several times and then it comes up with this error message: No thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster.

i am confused and it is really annoying me. i have my email set to revieve a notification wen i get a reply on a thread and i visit the site thru msn, would that affect it?

MikeMan91389
12-08-2003, 10:23 PM
i dunno.. i have noooo clue.. good luck on ur quest tho. maybe ask josh or someone else from XBA...

:cry:

dances with broom sticks
12-08-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Addsy
oh rite lol, i neva got round 2 restarting my pc wen i downloaded the java thingy.

why the hell wen i visit the site does it ask me 2 log in several times and then it comes up with this error message: No thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster.

i am confused and it is really annoying me. i have my email set to revieve a notification wen i get a reply on a thread and i visit the site thru msn, would that affect it?

Try enabling cookies in your internet options

KillaCam
12-08-2003, 11:10 PM
hasnt happend to me yet

Dark_Killer
12-09-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by xbox genius

dont be pissed, you had nothing to lose right? its a benefit to have a giveaway like the XBL giveaway and BAG, dont worry there are 2 weeks left on XBL giveaway and BAG w/ grand prize.

ya tru but im pissed about how i really wanted this game and waited for yesterday for like 3weeks and then when the time came i couldn't get on o_O

o well i will try for XII then :D

Casper
12-09-2003, 07:12 AM
User CP -> Edit Options -> Browse Board with Cookies

Also, the Emergency Chat login should have worked - that's what it's there for ;)

BigJosh359
12-09-2003, 07:25 AM
All he had to do was PM, IM or email someone on staff that he knew would be in the chat. :rolleyes:

You also could try, logging out of XBA, deleting your XBA cookie, and logging back in to XBA.

Addsy
12-09-2003, 09:27 AM
yeah thats what i did, i emailed the webmaster and he sed u have to get rid of the cookies otherwise it wont recognize the links. now it works

Dark_Killer
12-09-2003, 04:29 PM
I did all the things you (josh, casper, Addsy) yesterday before the contest started and neither worked, except for the PMing a mod, cuz i didnt expect to get anythin within 30min