PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Needs U!! (EA XBL Poll - merged)

Quickasaflash
12-09-2003, 02:57 AM
....to sign the poll at EA about online enabled console. At the bottom of the page you will find a user poll regarding which game system you use online. Well maybe when they see the results EA might wake up and realise how much xbox is played online in comparison with the other systems. Maybe then those tight asses will start making live enabled games. Vote now! ! !

EA GAMES!!! (http://www.electronic-arts.com.au/easports/)

THANKS!!!!!

Reclaimer
12-09-2003, 05:49 AM
First, welcome the XBA.

Second, I merged your two threads together. Then I realized that it was the same thing, so I just deleted one of them and made sure one of your threads remained in the General Discussion.

Third.. I really don't think that poll is going to make a difference. I think EA is just doing that to make their fans seem like they actually care. But EA's lack of love for xbox Live is from a deep rift in content control issues. I seriously doubt that EA would just magically put aside all differences. It's all about the business.
One million people could say they want EA on Live. But it's all between EA and MS, and you know that can't be resolved quickly. From what I was reading, EA doesn't like how MS operates it's service, they see it as too restrictive. (Long story short, that was from last month's XBN magazine)
For example, look at Activision's T.H.U.G. on PS2. You can email a picture of yourself to Activision, they put it online or something like that, and you can retrieve it and use it online. Microsoft won't allow that for "security" reasons. While PS2 online relies on the servers established by the companies that make a game in question.. operational freedom get's bound when one company holds all the stakes. Meaning you play THUG on an Activision server, you play SOCOM on that company's server.
But, you play all Live games regardless on Microsoft's servers, and EA doesn't like that. Meaning MS sets the terms, the rules, everything, and makes game companies play by their rules.
But then again, that's how MS ended up on top of the heap. But that's a different discussion.

I admire your concern and your willingness to spread the word, but I just don't see it happening.

(note, all that stuff about EA vs MS was from XBN.)

SkoalMint
12-09-2003, 11:58 AM
While I seriously doubt EA and MS will ever come to terms on this issue, especially not because of a poll on the EA site, I did find it interesting that with 1197 votes cast so far, the Xbox is off to a good start with 66% of the votes. If you include the 9% that " intend to use Xbox Live", you're looking at 75%.

memphissheik
12-09-2003, 02:27 PM
*l* you gotta be kidding me.....

it's that's not a wake up call..I don't know what is...

but after the madden 2004 roster upload fiasco.....

they have got to do something..

I can honestly see a %10-%15 turnover from Madden to ESPN if they don't have something very enticing for xbox users in 2005.

balls in their court....just happens most xbox users are holding the vice grips firmly in place

skorp
12-09-2003, 10:00 PM
Xbox Live is overwelmingly ahead with 76% of the votes at the moment...

But I'm not surprised.... hehe...:wink:

DocHoliday78
12-09-2003, 10:18 PM
Man xbox is dominating with 77%. I doubt it will change anything though.

Quickasaflash
12-09-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA
First, welcome the XBA.

Second, I merged your two threads together. Then I realized that it was the same thing, so I just deleted one of them and made sure one of your threads remained in the General Discussion.

Third.. I really don't think that poll is going to make a difference. I think EA is just doing that to make their fans seem like they actually care. But EA's lack of love for xbox Live is from a deep rift in content control issues. I seriously doubt that EA would just magically put aside all differences. It's all about the business.
One million people could say they want EA on Live. But it's all between EA and MS, and you know that can't be resolved quickly. From what I was reading, EA doesn't like how MS operates it's service, they see it as too restrictive. (Long story short, that was from last month's XBN magazine)
For example, look at Activision's T.H.U.G. on PS2. You can email a picture of yourself to Activision, they put it online or something like that, and you can retrieve it and use it online. Microsoft won't allow that for "security" reasons. While PS2 online relies on the servers established by the companies that make a game in question.. operational freedom get's bound when one company holds all the stakes. Meaning you play THUG on an Activision server, you play SOCOM on that company's server.
But, you play all Live games regardless on Microsoft's servers, and EA doesn't like that. Meaning MS sets the terms, the rules, everything, and makes game companies play by their rules.
But then again, that's how MS ended up on top of the heap. But that's a different discussion.

I admire your concern and your willingness to spread the word, but I just don't see it happening.

(note, all that stuff about EA vs MS was from XBN.)

Yeah im aware of that. I thought the whole thing between EA and xbox live was that EA wanted money from Microsoft for playing their games over live. Thats what someone told me anyway.
This poll probably wont make a difference but it is still fun to rig it! This is posted on the front page of the xbox general discussion forums so everyone is voting.

Variation-XBA
12-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Only reason I voted was cause its an official EA thing.... though I care less, it would make the LIVE experience alot better for most

HellHawk
12-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Holy Bezzowers! Xbox live is SMOKIN on there! Thats GREAT!

MikeMan91389
12-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Yes, the Xbox live is the best, but i too agree, that it will be a while before they come to terms.... nah mean?

-It would however be beneficial if they did come to XBOX,

Hitman101
12-10-2003, 04:34 PM
M$ and EA are currently in talks of online compatiblity of EA/Ea Sports titles at the moment. It was posted sometime ago on another popular forum.

I'll try to find it as time allows.

DOOM
12-11-2003, 08:09 AM
VOTED!!!
Its Worth A Shot...;)

Warchant
12-11-2003, 10:19 AM
ha ha! way to go EA...bet you feel pretty good about picking ps2 over xbox now huh? :rolleyes:

AlphaRaptor
12-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Yay! XBL is kicking a$$! 79% of votes! 4141 votes total!

eckosof
12-11-2003, 04:51 PM
Visit http://www.electronic-arts.com.au/easports

They're running a poll at the moment and the question is -

Which network gaming service do you use?

-Playstation 2 Online
-Xbox Live
-Both
-Neither
-I intend to use Playstation 2 Online
-I intend to use Xbox Live

Lazy link to poll: EA PoLL (http://www.electronic-arts.com.au/easports)

Please visit the site and vote for XBL to show them the support they are missing out on. Before Xbox forum members started voting, Playstation 2 Online was winning, but now Xbox Live is ahead with around 75% of the vote.

Thanks.

LTM360
12-11-2003, 04:54 PM
wow!

Playstation 2 Online: 7%
Xbox Live: 79%
Intend...PS2: 3%
Intend...Xbox: 6%
total votes 4225.

Seeing as how most Xbox people dislike EA, this really suprises me. I figured PS2 only people would be the ones visiting the site...
Well, once EA sees this. They see Xbox Live & $$$. So I plan on Seeing EA and Xbox Live soon since EA will make more $$$.

eckosof
12-11-2003, 04:57 PM
well before i started putting that post on every single site i can find 2 days ago there was only 1000 votes so i think im doing good i posted on about 10 or so sites so far

Cryogenic Pyro
12-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Just voted, because I know there are people out there who want to be able to play EA games online. I for one, couldn't care either way, but I should help the cause out a bit.

JDJDJD
12-11-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA
I really don't think that poll is going to make a difference.

word

xbox genius
12-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Cryogenic Pyro
Just voted, because I know there are people out there who want to be able to play EA games online. I for one, couldn't care either way, but I should help the cause out a bit.

yeah i'm with you man, i dont care if EA games goes online or not, their games sucks, plus i dont have XBL... yet.... only game i would like to see online is Freedom Fighters.

also i think i will help out the cause

LynxFX
12-11-2003, 06:16 PM
Interesting, 3690 people use Live, or plan to in the future, while 472 use PS2 Online, or plan to. Interesting indeed.

I doubt there will ever be a time that I support a Live EA game anyway.

Brevity
12-11-2003, 06:21 PM
LoL big trial ballon.

LynxFX
12-11-2003, 06:33 PM
Just noticed that this is EA Australia. Probably means diddly squat now.

Shadow20002
12-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Count me in ! ;)

Ugunnalose
12-11-2003, 07:14 PM
just voted

Yankeez
12-11-2003, 07:17 PM
i voted but i think its rigged :p

Voodoo_Vince
12-11-2003, 07:45 PM
Who cares EA makes crap games , sub standard grahics No matter what system, I personally hope they never come on live,

eckosof
12-12-2003, 01:55 AM
first i dont think ea is going to take a poll and not take the results into consideration then why make a poll in the first place other than making themselfs look like a bunch of idiots by not going with XBL in the first place and since EA is all about $$$ im sure by next summer EA is going to be on live...second if i know there was a post about this i wouldnt of posted i was going to every xbox site i could find with a forum and posting so dont think im an idiot or something by making another 1 when theres already 1 there...sorry

Heavens Gate
12-12-2003, 06:59 AM
People listen... Microsoft owns their own servers. EA wants to make money on their servers. They don't want to use Microsoft's servers. That's what it's all about. It's a money issue. A petetion will not help. It's gaming politics and it sucks but such is life.

X-Fan
12-12-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate
People listen... Microsoft owns their own servers. EA wants to make money on their servers. They don't want to use Microsoft's servers. That's what it's all about. It's a money issue. A petetion will not help. It's gaming politics and it sucks but such is life.
umm its not a petition its a poll posted on their own website.personally i could'nt care less but if it does indeed happen expect a legion of madden fans to jump on the xbox versions rather than inferior ps2 versions.

LynxFX
12-12-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by eckosof
first i dont think ea is going to take a poll and not take the results into consideration then why make a poll in the first place other than making themselfs look like a bunch of idiots by not going with XBL in the first place and since EA is all about $$$ im sure by next summer EA is going to be on live..
Well, it is EA Australia, not EA themselves, and the poll isn't a formal poll, but just a silly little addon by the portal system they use for their website. I doubt the results will even be looked at by anyone high up in the EA chain of command. EA is all about the $$$ and that is probably why they will stay off of Live for sometime. Maybe they'll crack after seeing that they can actually sell more games because of Live and not demand that they get a share of Live subscription fees. This poll will have nothing to do with it.

theslayer45
12-12-2003, 07:04 PM
Xbox Live was up at 76% when i voted, the next highest was PS2 online, which was at 10%, I hope this makes them support Xbox Live.
later :cheers:

DocHoliday78
12-12-2003, 07:29 PM
WTF it is EA Australia. This doesnt mean sh*t now. I mean look at the banner: Cricket 2004

Fully_Loaded
12-12-2003, 09:28 PM
You guys realize that poll is for EA Australlia, not for the USA.