PDA

View Full Version : Isnt NFL street going a little too far???

ShaDovV RyDer
12-09-2003, 03:38 PM
ok i got the January issue of Game Pro and they have a preview of NFL Street...it doesnt look too bad but i mean c'mon its a little bit over the edge...i really like the street series with all the incredible moves but wut special moves can u do in this game???oooo oooo i no u can do matrix dodges when a guy comes running to take u down...it sounds ok but i wanna no wut u guys think...so tell me wut u think if u saw it in the mag or go to the site cause they should have it over there...pce

Kraft
12-09-2003, 04:32 PM
I think the street games are going to run over the Blitz/Hitz series of games in a hurry. Midway made a huge mistake by adding more of a sim factor to their Blitz/Hitz games (penalties? get real.) and I wouldn't be suprised to see EA's Streets line cash in on it.

Brevity
12-09-2003, 04:36 PM
While I loved NBA streets one and two I got to say just hearing about a NFL version makes me sick. This basic consept has been done many times. Take something that worked in one area and aply it to a new area to see if it works out. Well this is one concept that might not be all that fun or cool. IMO lame. But then again we dont have all the specifics, and I cant seem to get my brain around the concept of it all. So I guess I will leave it at that. We will see.

kenji
12-09-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Nick-XBA
I think the street games are going to run over the Blitz/Hitz series of games in a hurry. Midway made a huge mistake by adding more of a sim factor to their Blitz/Hitz games (penalties? get real.) and I wouldn't be suprised to see EA's Streets line cash in on it. I completely agree. Midway has made a huge mistake by making it more real. I love the street games too, but NFL Street looks kinda iffy. The bodies seem overly large and football isn't a game of cool moves and showing off.

KillaCam
12-09-2003, 05:46 PM
it might be fun u never know

HellHawk
12-10-2003, 12:36 PM
Yea, EA makes some SUPER(in the big *** al voice) *** GAMES!

Discretion
12-10-2003, 02:44 PM
I can't stand a sport game unless it has online play. Yes, XBOX LIVE. Screw PS2.

MikeMan91389
12-10-2003, 02:49 PM
same, xsn owns, i dont really like the street series n e ways, they get borin afta a while

Discretion
12-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389
same, xsn owns, i dont really like the street series n e ways, they get borin afta a while

I never ment XSN either. Top Spin, Amped 2, and Links 2004 are nice. The rest... Blah.

Wolf
12-10-2003, 03:24 PM
personally I am looking forward to it, but thats me

MikeMan91389
12-11-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Discretion

I never ment XSN either. Top Spin, Amped 2, and Links 2004 are nice. The rest... Blah.

Thats true, other than that XSN-dum.... but it will always be getting better.. i hope... and the rest of the sports games are sweet on live

Sharky53
12-11-2003, 11:55 PM
ya this will be a good rental game...probably not a buying game though...maybe it will be in an upcomin contest

SpArTaN_21
12-12-2003, 12:14 AM
i think game is to odd to be cool, pretty much is street football with NBA moves very weird, im not buying it

ALC
12-12-2003, 12:23 AM
blitz or nfl street.. whichever goes live first is the one I'll buy.

as for NBA street, it burns me every day that it isn't online :S

BunnyRabbit
12-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by ShaDovV RyDer
ok i got the January issue of Game Pro and they have a preview of NFL Street...it doesnt look too bad but i mean c'mon its a little bit over the edge...i really like the street series with all the incredible moves but wut special moves can u do in this game???oooo oooo i no u can do matrix dodges when a guy comes running to take u down...it sounds ok but i wanna no wut u guys think...so tell me wut u think if u saw it in the mag or go to the site cause they should have it over there...pce

Oh you know whatd be cool if they did..It was like GHetto Football...You play in the middle of the street and tackle each other on the concrete.. And then everyone has to move out of the way of cars... Wow.. Ghetto football I can see it now:p

Fully_Loaded
12-12-2003, 06:33 PM
I think it's a waste of time. EA is strictly trying to make another buck with a silly game. It might be ok for a rental, but to buy it.. well not for me I say.

mdooz
12-12-2003, 09:48 PM
I'm actually looking forward to this game. Not saying I'd buy it, but I do want to see if it will be good because I love football.

Hugopolo
12-13-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by ShaDovV RyDer
Well think about it how many moves do you think they can make when ur just running a football down the field. With basketball they could incoparate jumping, dribbeling and slam dunking give them a little credit there making all these moves

Unreal
12-13-2003, 03:00 PM
I liked NBA Street Vol. 2, so I have high hopes for NFL Street.

mdooz
12-14-2003, 08:58 AM
NFL street will be online which should make it very fun if the gameplay turns out to be anything like NBA Street. I hope they make another NBA Street game that's onine.

Sexaya
12-14-2003, 09:04 AM
I think this new arcade-style of games rock. It's a lot funner to do killer moves and hard tackles without any penalties or anything. Street NBA and Soccer is the best, in my opinion, since it has the best moves and its the funnest/easiest and less complicated of all sports. I wonder if anybody is thinking about making a street Baseball game. :eek: