PDA

View Full Version : my xbox has died

Conchord
12-09-2003, 06:02 PM
yes, i am afraid that i destroyed it in a fit of rage. after i first got it, it would not work at all (gee, thanks microsoft!), so i sent it in and got it 'fixed' for free. My 90 warranty expired. xbox still messing up. not as bad, but still. i send it in again and i have to pay 180 bucks because the tray broke during shipment and microsoft isn't liable. got it back, messes up maybe once or twice a month. i get need for speed underground 3 days ago, and i cant play for more than ten minutes because it gives me the dirty disc ****. 5 minutes ago, i lose my temper while in the middle of a six lap race, my xbox cuts out (after i had finally staying in first on hard difficulty), and i rip it from the wall and i beat it with mybare hands until the top is completely smashed in. i feel better, but now i have no console to play. and i dont think im going to get another xbox, because buying something that doesnt work isnt really worth it. anyone want some games? pm me.

Lucifer_Hawk
12-09-2003, 06:13 PM
LOLOOLOOOLOLOLOL! You know, I did the same thing to my ps2 a while back. I was playing madden on the hardest difficulty and I was up 56 to 7, suddenly after that quarter is over, the score is 56to 64 advantage comp. I got so pissed off, I pulled my ps2 out of its plugs and beat it with my fist, from then on whenever you entered a disk into the thing, it would take at least 2 minutes to load up and it ran pretty choppy, so I traded it in a gamestop(they didn't know about its problems) and got some xbox gear. THE END!

dd deeznuts
12-09-2003, 06:32 PM
i like to break stuff that make me mad too haha you should just buy a new one there real good cause think when halo 2 comes out. i got a launch xbox still work great its a little over 2 years old no problems you probally just got a lemon :cheers:

KillaCam
12-09-2003, 06:33 PM
i did that to my dreamcast i learned a leeson never do it aging

CMX Jedi
12-09-2003, 06:34 PM
hey i did that same thing with my PS2
it kept giving me the dreaded disc read error
it did that for a month so i beat the hell outta it with a baseball bat MUHU HAHAHA it was fun
after that i went to the Xbox and i have no regrets

mitch2025
12-09-2003, 06:39 PM
what game u got and for how much?

Variation-XBA
12-09-2003, 06:46 PM
Been there done that.... with my ps2:) Just got a new one when it broke though... invested too much into it...

DocHoliday78
12-09-2003, 06:56 PM
My friend did that to madden 98 on 64 when jerome bettis had like 450 rushhing yards on him. It was pretty funny. It was the madden with a blue cartridge.

Conchord
12-09-2003, 07:09 PM
games i have:

need for speed: underground & hot pursuit 2
halo
ghost recon
mechassault
sega GT 2002
medal of honor frontline
the thing
KOTOR
burnout 2
splinter cell
unreal championship
NCAA college football 2003
kill.switch
barbie party (j/k)

one memory card
DVD kit
two controller S black
a half of an xbox (i'll sell it for 20 bucks! im sure something on it still works!)

bretman1234
12-09-2003, 07:11 PM
I have never gone as far as to destroy a console, but I have lost a few good N64 controllers (RIP) to Mario Kart. Mostly friends would beat me and I would yank the thing out and beat it against the wall/floor/friend.

Conchord
12-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234
I have never gone as far as to destroy a console, but I have lost a few good N64 controllers (RIP) to Mario Kart. Mostly friends would beat me and I would yank the thing out and beat it against the wall/floor/friend. '

I always got hit with red shells...god damn i lost a few funky controllers to that and mostly to the Shadow Temple of Ocarina.

Reclaimer
12-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Your tray broke in shipping? Seriously? How the hell did that happen? That just sounds entirely too weird. But here is important lesson.. the next time you ship electronics, buy the insurance. A long time ago, I sent my xbox to a friend to use while I was deployed. Through Fed-Express, it cost 16.50 to ship it, and 2 extra dollars to buy the 200 dollar insurance. They explained it to me that if for whatever reason the product is broken during shipping (It's inspected before it gets shipped by the packing agent) they pay you the 200 bucks. They told me it was no big deal, and it was rather quick to claim.

You could have bought a new xbox.

I was having some real bad DD errors recently, about as bad as you where having, but I put in a Pioneer DVD lense cleaner and ran it. Never had a problem since, which is good, because mine is a launch xbox.

Conchord
12-09-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA
Your tray broke in shipping? Seriously? How the hell did that happen? That just sounds entirely too weird. But here is important lesson.. the next time you ship electronics, buy the insurance. A long time ago, I sent my xbox to a friend to use while I was deployed. Through Fed-Express, it cost 16.50 to ship it, and 2 extra dollars to buy the 200 dollar insurance. They explained it to me that if for whatever reason the product is broken during shipping (It's inspected before it gets shipped by the packing agent) they pay you the 200 bucks. They told me it was no big deal, and it was rather quick to claim.

You could have bought a new xbox.

I was having some real bad DD errors recently, about as bad as you where having, but I put in a Pioneer DVD lense cleaner and ran it. Never had a problem since, which is good, because mine is a launch xbox.

LOL! I swear, god hates me...could it be because every time something bad happens I look to the sky and give him both middle fingers, sometimes dropping th F-bomb towards the nearest cloud? lol....**** god...

mitch2025
12-09-2003, 07:18 PM
how much u selling halo for?

Addsy
12-09-2003, 07:26 PM
wow that is so unlucky, i really feel for u mate, i have never destroyed a console but i have destroyed a fair few other things like controllers by squeezing the buttons too hard in rage. also my xbox live headset, the other day i was playing Rainbow six 3 and this guy who was way better than me kept killing me so i ripped the mic off my head and started stamping on it not realising what i was doing, so now i have no headset :(

i rang xbox technical support and they r mailing me one at the minite so i should get it soon hopefully. what games u got and im sure we can make a comprimise :)

Xtopia
12-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Be a man. I've already bought three Xboxes. My first two broke and my third one is already crapoing out on me. Just buy a new one.

Douchesforfun
12-09-2003, 07:31 PM
yeah, i only have one thing to say.. companys these days are so busy trying to get the new stuff out they dont bother making sure most of the stuff works and it ends up messing up everyones fun... "Dang you evil Bill gates" BTW is the movie kill bill about gates?? j/k

Addsy
12-09-2003, 07:41 PM
yeah, i only have one thing to say.. companys these days are so busy trying to get the new stuff out they dont bother making sure most of the stuff works and it ends up messing up everyones fun...

yeah i know, the xboxes made these days really bugger up, thats why i got mine the day it came out and i have never had one problem with it :D :D :D

FuNkY mOnK
12-09-2003, 07:43 PM
I think xbocks is really Bam-Bam in disguise.

Conchord
12-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
Be a man. I've already bought three Xboxes. My first two broke and my third one is already crapoing out on me. Just buy a new one.

be a man? post somewhere else, ****. would a man not tear something to peices because it isnt working?

No Fear 23
12-09-2003, 09:36 PM
if they wanted u to shell out 180$ for repairs, then u should've said hell no. why? bc right now xbox costs 179.99$ and u'll get 2 free games.

i dunno why u didnt go for that deal?

Addsy
12-09-2003, 09:40 PM
yeah definatly. When i got my xbox they said it was covered for life. If anything went wrong with it, it was up to xbox to sort it out FOR FREE! you shouldnt have to pay just because their console screwed up.

If i were you i would ring them up and tell them where they can stick their xbox.:cuss:

HellHawk
12-09-2003, 10:14 PM
I have broken, count this one folks, 5 XBOX CONTROLLERS! 5! Omg, i have a temper problem! n e ways, my ps2 broke, i was playing, and my dog ran across the wire in the controller, and it fell off...i was SOOOOOO PISSED. Well, they said it would be 99 dollars to fix, my mom took it to her work, and a guy fixed it for free, WOOT WOOT! good luck, but ur gonna miss it when halo 2 comes out!

Addsy
12-09-2003, 10:19 PM
yeah i know what u mean. i get ppl walking past me and my xbox all the time. and i always get it pulled out :cuss:

i have a bad temper sometimes when it comes to playing a game. i have probably destroyed at least 3 controllers in my xbox gaming history.

*god bless the wireless controllers*

*god damn the wireless controllers coz u cant use the Xbox Live headset in them* :cuss: :cuss:

keep up the stress in gaming boys :cheers:

HellHawk
12-09-2003, 10:21 PM
There was one at blockbuster:
Wireless and port IN the controller for headset and such!

Addsy
12-09-2003, 10:28 PM
WOW, omg a wireless controller that supports headsets, im definatly gettin 1 of those but it is way too late now and im off 2 bed coz it is now *checks his watch* 4:27am and i am gone coz i gotta get up 2 morro.

cheers for that link hell hawk and i'll be sure to check that out 2 morro. i might pick me 1 of those up for xmas aswell :p

as usual they will probably cost around £70 but it is worth it if you arent gonna have ppl walk past and pull the controller out.

Peace and good night :cheers:

Reclaimer
12-09-2003, 11:13 PM
Something to consider is to spend the extra money and buy the extra protection coverage that some stores offer.

When I bought my digital camera from Best Buy they offered the coverage. Yeah, it's a little steep, but they say it covers everything no questions asked... just as long as it doesn't look like actual owner negligence. So if you had this, and your xbox kept crapping out, you could just keep bringing it back and getting another.

xbox genius
12-09-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Lucifer_Hawk
LOLOOLOOOLOLOLOL! You know, I did the same thing to my ps2 a while back. I was playing madden on the hardest difficulty and I was up 56 to 7, suddenly after that quarter is over, the score is 56to 64 advantage comp. I got so pissed off, I pulled my ps2 out of its plugs and beat it with my fist, from then on whenever you entered a disk into the thing, it would take at least 2 minutes to load up and it ran pretty choppy, so I traded it in a gamestop(they didn't know about its problems) and got some xbox gear. THE END!

lol my nephew did the same thing, his ps2 broke, and he traded it in for an xbox, he didnt have to do any additions it was a straight up trade ps2 for xbox. funny.

skorp
12-09-2003, 11:59 PM
Other than the few stomps on the table with the controller...

I only had one situation with someone crossing my path with the wires from my controller entangled to their legs and me not holding on tightly it flew across the room.

Other than that, having the the Xbox controller S cable with "inline release" should be able to prevent from your controller or Xbox system flying across or falling down on the floor.:huh:

And if anyone does.... I say plug that sh*t back in!:)

Addsy
12-10-2003, 08:50 AM
yeah i know what u mean...

*hugs his xbox*

HellHawk
12-10-2003, 01:07 PM
lmao, "plug that **** back in" Same here, my mom always walks buy and does that:cuss: !!!

Wolfboy_888
12-10-2003, 02:56 PM
so how much you selling each game for bocks?

MikeMan91389
12-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Im interested in some... Please tell me the prices, or i'll PM you later

fisher
12-14-2003, 03:45 PM
I had trouble with ours, it would play DVD'S, but not games. Microsoft was good enough to replace the whole unit with a new one, even after the 90 day warranty expired. We had hardly used it, so i was surprised at the failure?? I am glad they took the time to deal with me in a professional manor.

Spunkstar04
12-14-2003, 05:46 PM
I'll take some games...I dont know how to pm so can u pm me? im new

dyno
12-14-2003, 06:01 PM
How much for kill.switch or KOTOR ?? I'm interested

punkdriver
12-14-2003, 06:59 PM
i think u guys should go to anger management

Conchord
12-15-2003, 03:44 PM
i just went out and bought a gamecube....and i sent my xbox in....apparently it was under a two year warranty that my mom forgot to tell me about. does xbox have medical insurance for my knuckles?