PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheels

Kyle Static
12-09-2003, 11:54 PM
After playing the PGR2 demo on this months OXM disk, and just getting my L today, I've decided to get a Driving wheel for my beautiful big black box. I've never gotten a wheel for a console before, so I'm a little unsure about who buy from, and whats available for xbox. I know that there is currently no official Xbox wheel, but Madcatz has several. Madcatz is alright, but I really don't know how good they are quality wise. Any input on who to buy from or specifically which wheel to buy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

~Kyle Static

Variation-XBA
12-10-2003, 12:04 AM
Get one with a shifter, more realistic, and try to find one that has force feedback as well.

RagunCajun
12-10-2003, 12:05 AM
I been looking into wheels as well. One with Shifter, peddels and works with ps2 and xbox.

Addsy
12-10-2003, 09:39 AM
the madkatz steering wheels are the best. Steering wheels rule on PGR2. :D

HellHawk
12-10-2003, 12:26 PM
I heard that alot of them on PGR2 only say "please reconnect the controller" even though its plugged in on pgr2.

Addsy
12-10-2003, 12:28 PM
i have never had that. maybe because the wheel might not be compatabe with the game?? i dont know:huh:

CarGuy
12-10-2003, 01:12 PM
I just bought the Mad Catz 2 steering wheel with the shifter and all.. I don't play PGR2 enough so i'll give anyone in this thread first crack at it before i place it in the trade forum.. I still have the box and everything. PM me.

blonks
12-10-2003, 05:56 PM
i saw the coolest thing at gamestop

it was a motorcycle steering wheel that works for PS2, GC and xbox,

it looked awsome force feedback and all

Kyle Static
12-10-2003, 06:23 PM
So I guess so far it would seem that MadCatz is the best, and I had planned on getting the one with the shifter, however it just looks like you shift up or down, no actual gears, which kinda sucks.

EDIT: regarding the disconnect errors, I really don't know if I should get one then. I found this on EB games:

ALMOST...BUT NOT QUITE
I posted earlier regarding the disconnect message. After exchanging the X-box version for the Universal version of this wheel I have had no problems. The universal wheel is easy to use for the X-box and even seems like it''s a little sturdier to me. Great product so far and tons of fun to use. It''s worth the money, enhances your gameplay, and improves your performance. GET THE UNIVERSAL!

RagunCajun
12-10-2003, 09:46 PM
Oh cool....one that works with both ps2 and xbox.....nice. How much was it?

Kyle Static
12-11-2003, 10:00 AM
This ones 69 bucks. It works for all 3 consoles. I don't know which one I should get though. If the xbox one has compatibility issues I might be better of just getting the multiconsole.

FuNkY mOnK
12-11-2003, 12:53 PM
If you plan on racing live save your money, the response would be staggering with a wheel there is no way to composite for the madness.

Thehazard
12-11-2003, 03:11 PM
one of my friends has built a practical car in his room, he has the wheel, a gas pedal, a shifter, and a seat. But its for his CPU not the X-box, but still, its really cool.

Kyle Static
12-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Thats pretty wicked stuff. I've been conversing through Pm's with XboxRookie, and he said he purchased a Universal wheel because the Xbox one is know for disconnect errors. I would prefer the xbox only wheel, simply because I have no use for the other two console compatibility, it has programmable buttons, and it looks sweeter.

Btw, I dont see how the response time would be bad if you were using a wheel on live, its not like the steering wheel is going to lag, and its the same response as your controller. So I disagree with that statement.

Fully_Loaded
12-12-2003, 06:25 PM
The Nascar Thunder wheel I got 17 months for for my xbox works real nice. I like it for a steering wheel.. I haven't tried some of the newer ones.

Professor Kaos
12-13-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by blinx
i saw the coolest thing at gamestop

it was a motorcycle steering wheel that works for PS2, GC and xbox,

it looked awsome force feedback and all
hey blinx you find it at the site or actual store?

EDIT: Here's (http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/213521.asp) a wheel you should get, Shifter, pedals, and vibration feedback.

Kyle Static
12-13-2003, 12:57 PM
Thats the wheel I had planned on getting, but I've heard it gets disconnect errors all the time.