PDA

View Full Version : How to set up my xbox to my TV??

CharlieHustle
12-10-2003, 09:25 AM
I just got my phillips 46" widescreen HDTV last night, its tight as hell. Now last night i got a nice crash course about progressive scan and the 480p 720p and 1080p. But i noticed that i have advanced AV pack for the xbox and the only other video input for the TV for the xbox is the s-video. And it is only compatible with 480i. How do i take advantage of the xbox capability of progressive scan and at higher resolution??? someone please help me. Is there something else i need to buy for my xbox to take advantage of this.

Addsy
12-10-2003, 09:34 AM
yeah i have 28 inch widescreen aswell as a 32 inch and all you need is the HDTV extra performance equipment. just follow the instructions on that and you'll be fine.

but you may need some extra equipment if it is plasma tho :huh:

Salmonaitor
12-10-2003, 09:36 AM
Buy a good reciever and hook your Xbox through it. If you hook it direct through your TV, you're only going half way. With a sweet TV, you need to do the full hook-up dude.

Addsy
12-10-2003, 09:38 AM
yeah if u wanna get full performance ur gonna have to buy some serious xbox addons.

but itll be worth it :D

CharlieHustle
12-10-2003, 10:21 AM
I just found out from another thread that i have the advanced av pack with the s-video output. What i need is the advanced av pack with the component output. It cost the same, ill see if i can trade it in at wal-mart.

Addsy
12-10-2003, 10:24 AM
yeah thats what i sed, u need an advanced AV...

JDHack0822
12-10-2003, 10:35 AM
Does anyone know if the Component AV cables will inprove the picture on my non HD Bigscreen? I saw that I have the Component connections on the back of my TV. If anybody has done this let me know how it worked out.

Addsy
12-10-2003, 10:37 AM
yeah i got the improved AV pack, put it this way you wont notice a difference in the details but it can improve the xbox freezing if your xbox does that when it overheats.

Salmonaitor
12-10-2003, 10:42 AM
It won't make a big difference unless you're currently using RCA connectors. If you're using RCA now, then upgrade to component now. If you're using S-video, then I wouldn't spend the money on the component set, you'll be disappointed with what little difference you'll see between the two. As far as the guy who posted this thread, dude, you gotta hook through a reciever and get the picture AND sound.

Salmonaitor
12-10-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Addsy
but it can improve the xbox freezing if your xbox does that when it overheats.

...what the? That is impossible. Where did you hear that?:huh:
There is no correlation between the two.

Addsy
12-10-2003, 10:48 AM
i dunno sum 1 told me that it improves the performance.

mebbe not right tho, they probs lied :watchout:

JDHack0822
12-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Salmonaitor
It won't make a big difference unless you're currently using RCA connectors. If you're using RCA now, then upgrade to component now. If you're using S-video, then I wouldn't spend the money on the component set, you'll be disappointed with what little difference you'll see between the two. As far as the guy who posted this thread, dude, you gotta hook through a reciever and get the picture AND sound.

Thanks I will stick with my S-Vid cables, the picture is good enough
I suppose. Sorry Charlie for using your thread but I figured it went along with your question.

MikeMan91389
12-10-2003, 03:14 PM
yeah i have 28 inch widescreen aswell as a 32 inch and all you need is the HDTV extra performance equipment. just follow the instructions on that and you'll be fine.

but you may need some extra equipment if it is plasma tho :huh:

wait wait wait wait wait....

is ur 28 flat a HDTV ready?
or can a normal TV have better graphix with the HDTV extra perforrmence kit?

DRunKeN.LegEnD
12-10-2003, 03:44 PM
slick as a greased hamster on happy pills says: wanadoo and who ate all the pie, hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah BUY A NEW TV AND SMASH YOUR OLD SCREENS MONITOR WITH A HAMMER :cheers:

i kno ur thinking this...:huh:
good for you

Addsy
12-10-2003, 03:47 PM
i am thinking :huh:

...good for me

wanadooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*takes a couple of his perscribed tablets*

MikeMan91389
12-10-2003, 04:08 PM
Drunken and Addys u might wanna consider makin higher quality posts than that....

No offense

Any ways, do you no if the HDTV pack works for regular tvs? one of ur posts sounded like that, but im assumin it has to be HDTV ready.

Addsy
12-10-2003, 04:13 PM
OMG HOW THE **** IS THAT SPAMMING, NONE OF U GUYS CAN TAKE A ****ING JOKE, THIS SITE DOESNT SUCK BUT ALL THE PEOPLE ON IT DO.

GO BACK TO TOYTOWN *******S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeMan91389
12-10-2003, 04:19 PM
u have 250 posts in 2 days, think thats a lil much??? well it is, smashing ur tv isnt really a solution, and ur posts mean nothing...

So answer my question about the flat screen and the HDTV thingy, unless, thats right, u just came in here to make up crappy 1 line posts over and over.

Addsy
12-10-2003, 04:28 PM
u have 250 posts in 2 days, think thats a lil much??? well it is, smashing ur tv isnt really a solution, and ur posts mean nothing...

excuse me but i didnt even post that it was drunken, and i have 1 question, why is everyone saying i am using short sentances in my posts and i am a spammer.

do you find this post short?????? i think it is normal for a message.
i really cant b arsed with this site anymore because i use the forums a lot and i have done lots of reviews and i get **** shoved back in my face.

screw it.:cuss:

MikeMan91389
12-10-2003, 04:31 PM

excuse me but i didnt even post that it was drunken, and i have 1 question, why is everyone saying i am using short sentances in my posts and i am a spammer.

do you find this post short?????? i think it is normal for a message.
i really cant b arsed with this site anymore because i use the forums a lot and i have done lots of reviews and i get **** shoved back in my face.

screw it.:cuss:

Sorry man, Im not tryin to make enemies. lets get back on topic...Ill admit, this was my fault too...
On a lighter note, do you no about that TV question?

Addsy
12-10-2003, 04:36 PM
rite this has gone far beyond stupid, lets just end it by me doing the exact opposite of what you are saying i am doing,

alright?

MikeMan91389
12-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Does anyone no about that TV? and the HDTV pack? O well.. i guess i have good enuf GraphiX

Casper
12-10-2003, 06:55 PM
rite this has gone far beyond stupid, lets just end it by me doing the exact opposite of what you are saying i am doing,

alright?

Nope, but it's funny, ya know. After checking IP's, Addsy and DRunKeN.LegEnD have the same IP address, yet, DRunKeN.LegEnD says he's from England....hmm, guess what? Double accounts = banning.

Have a nice trip - hope you enjoyed your stay :D

E Nomini Patri
12-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Thanks Casper, this post was lowering my I.Q.

Is it really that hard for people to comprehend the different AV packs for different TV's?

HD Pack- For TV's with component input
Adv AV Pack- For TV's with S-Video
RCA- For TV's with RCA input (red, white, yellow)
RF Adapter- For TV's with only a Coaxial input

Can I get a big DUH! after you read that? Thanks.

bretman1234
12-10-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA

Nope, but it's funny, ya know. After checking IP's, Addsy and DRunKeN.LegEnD have the same IP address, yet, DRunKeN.LegEnD says he's from England....hmm, guess what? Double accounts = banning.

Have a nice trip - hope you enjoyed your stay :D
I'll bet you enjoyed doing that :D

IP Ban?

Casper
12-10-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234

I'll bet you enjoyed doing that :D

IP Ban?

That made my night :D

DocHoliday78
12-10-2003, 10:52 PM
Casper is on a roll this month. First Gamer chick and now this joker. Can he make it a hat trick:cheers:

MikeMan91389
12-11-2003, 06:01 AM
Casper... u made my night too lol

LynxFX
12-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
Is it really that hard for people to comprehend the different AV packs for different TV's?

HD Pack- For TV's with component input
Adv AV Pack- For TV's with S-Video
RCA- For TV's with RCA input (red, white, yellow)
RF Adapter- For TV's with only a Coaxial input

Can I get a big DUH! after you read that? Thanks.

Finally a post that contains the correct info. Sheesh I should go through and delete all the posts that give completely wrong information to protect those that will only read the first couple posts and think they got the answer.

bretman1234
12-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA

Finally a post that contains the correct info. Sheesh I should go through and delete all the posts that give completely wrong information to protect those that will only read the first couple posts and think they got the answer.
Ya I would also like to thank SWFM, because my tv has S video and I wanted to get a better quality. So I should get the advanced av pack?

SpArTaN_21
12-11-2003, 05:08 PM
i wish i had a tight ass tv, well i guess i will stay with my little 19 inch:(

E Nomini Patri
12-11-2003, 06:01 PM

Ya I would also like to thank SWFM, because my tv has S video and I wanted to get a better quality. So I should get the advanced av pack?

You are welcome, and yes, get the Advanced AV Pack :)

SpArTaN_21
12-12-2003, 12:09 AM
:cheers:

l Maximus l
12-12-2003, 01:24 AM
Any HDTV owner should pick up the XBox High Definition A/V Pack or the XBox Monster 400 series Component Video cables.

Be sure to, however, go to your XBox dashboard (turn your XBox on without a game in it) and go to the video settings. Put on Widescreen and also enable the applicable resolution (480p, 720p, or 1080i) before putting the game in.

Enjoy the brilliance of High Definition gaming. I bought my HDTV over a year ago and have honestly never played on a tube TV since. Not to sound like a yuppy or anything, but, I refuse to play on an analog TV even with S-Video.

CharlieHustle
12-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Will any rca jacks work for the component inputs or will i have to buy the component cords???

MikeMan91389
12-14-2003, 10:08 AM

DITTO, plus it will go along with my new surround sound addition :)

E Nomini Patri
12-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by CharlieHustle
Will any rca jacks work for the component inputs or will i have to buy the component cords???

RCA jacks are for RCA cords.

Component inputs are for Component cords.

CharlieHustle
12-14-2003, 05:57 PM
tru thx.