PDA

View Full Version : Best new co-op Split screen game?

FragMaster B
12-10-2003, 12:52 PM
I'm looking for a co-op game to occupy the father-in-law and myself for this holiday vacation. Last year we played all GR. Anybody got any recomendations?

I'm looking at :
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
LOTR: Return of the King

What am I missing? He likes FPS games best. ThanX.

thrAsher
12-10-2003, 12:58 PM
Brute Force, maybe? I like the co-op on that game, only the screen kinda gets squished. What's really cool is the 'plug and play' aspect of the co-op game....just like it is w/ D&D Heroes.

Metal Arms unfortunately does NOT have split screen co-op, but is a blast nonetheless. It's pretty difficult, IMHO, but well worth it. You aren't gonna walk through this game, not on normal, at least. And that, IMHO, is a good thing. Plus, the story is entertaining and interesting, and the characters are all very well conceived (I swear Capt. Alloy or whatever his name is sounds just like Rip Torn!).

HellHawk
12-10-2003, 01:03 PM
none really, no good co op games came oiut lately, THEY ALL SUCK!

FragMaster B
12-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by HellHawk
none really, no good co op games came oiut lately, THEY ALL SUCK!

Thanks for that brilliant assessment HH... very helpful...

kenji
12-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Yeah, Xbox is lacking on the FPS co-op front if you ask me. If you saw my thread "Where did all the co-op games go?" there were no real good co-op games out there. You should try Dynasty Warriors 4 is you like LOTR.

Have fun. I wish my dad played Xbox. :cheers:

skorp
12-10-2003, 09:47 PM
No Kidding!!!

I got my girlfriend playing co-op with me... FPS's... RPG's... because sometimes I get bored so I need someone else at least to play it with me... But anyway, I dont have my dad or hers playing games with me.. Thats great!!!!

Here's a list of some co-op's and/or multiplayer games:

Ghost Recon (FPS)
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder (FPS)
Counter-Strike (FPS)
Castle Wolfenstein: Tides Of War (FPS)
Brute Force (3rdPS)
Rainbow six3 (FPS)
Dungeon & Dragons: Heroes (RPG)
XIII (FPS)
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
LOTR: Return Of The King (3rdPerson)
Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun (FPS)
Sudeki (RPG) Spring 2004
Halo2 (FPS) March 2004
Conker: Live and Uncut Pending
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance II (RPG) Jan. 2004
True Fantasy Live Online (RPG) Pending

:cheers:

bretman1234
12-10-2003, 09:58 PM
ya im looking for a game that has a good co-op campaign that I can play over XBCONNECT or Live. It would really be good to get one before Halo 2 comes out. A horrible shame that Rainbow Six 3 doesn't have Co-op.

Yankeez
12-11-2003, 12:17 AM
the new LOTR game is decent :)

Hard Boiled Cop
12-11-2003, 06:10 AM
LOTR 3 is quite good actually. It will last you.

FragMaster B
12-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by bretman1234
ya im looking for a game that has a good co-op campaign that I can play over XBCONNECT or Live. It would really be good to get one before Halo 2 comes out. A horrible shame that Rainbow Six 3 doesn't have Co-op.

It is a shame! Rainbow 6 Co-op over LIVE is some WAAAyY fun shat. I wish it had co-op split screen.

Salmonaitor
12-11-2003, 09:57 AM
Hey FragMasterB. I have been getting conflicting reports on RS3's co-op capabilities. Is it the case that you can play co-op over XBL only, or can you system link the games to play co-op. Is the co-op up to 4 people or is it only 2? My buddies and I were talking about this at curling last night; they all want to buy this game, but we need answers to these questions, and I can't find the answers on any RS3 sites.

FragMaster B
12-11-2003, 10:07 AM
R6 DOES have co-op over LIVE. So, my guess is that it also has co-op over system link/xbconnect. The only reason it doesn't have 1 box co-op is that it doesn't support split screen. I'm 95% sure that it'll support system link co-op. Post a query in the R6 forum to make sure.

StudioAlex
12-11-2003, 10:09 AM
For some reason everyone has already forgotten Wolfenstein. It has co-op and it's a ton of fun to play to boot. I'd go for that.

FragMaster B
12-11-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
For some reason everyone has already forgotten Wolfenstein. It has co-op and it's a ton of fun to play to boot. I'd go for that.

Good call SA. I forgot about Wolfie. We did that one already tho.

Brevity
12-11-2003, 12:48 PM
Dont know if anyone mentioned Serious Sam but it was fun to play co-op.

FragMaster B
12-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
Dont know if anyone mentioned Serious Sam but it was fun to play co-op.

Serious Sam. I forgot about that game... I'll give it a look. Thanks Brev.

FragMaster B
12-11-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by kenji
I wish my dad played Xbox. :cheers:

Originally posted by skorp
I dont have my dad or hers playing games with me.. Thats great!!!!

No doubt. I REALLY lucked out in the in-law department. I like hanging out with them more than I do my friends. Just cool people.

:D

StudioAlex
12-11-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by FragMaster B

No doubt. I REALLY lucked out in the in-law department. I like hanging out with them more than I do my friends. Just cool people.

Damn, does your wife have any sisters?

FragMaster B
12-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

Damn, does your wife have any sisters?

hehe... nope. Only child. Sorry bro.

The Jackal
12-11-2003, 03:10 PM
i still like halo co-op personally.... after awhile when i first got it i only wanted to play it co-op

monster1234
12-11-2003, 03:46 PM
Well, uh...there is this game called Halo...

SpArTaN_21
12-11-2003, 05:06 PM
Yes halo by far is the best co-op split screen combo:D :cheers: :eek:

FragMaster B
12-11-2003, 05:14 PM
What is this game Halo you speak of? Never heard of it... Sounds great man!

Read the thread title:
"Best new co-op Split screen game?"

Hard Boiled Cop
12-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Well if you buy a new game which is Halo then it would be considered the best NEW co op split screen game. lol

S37H
12-12-2003, 07:03 PM
Timesplitters 2 is intense freaking hard game on hard, but very fun. Multiplayer is great as well. It is a fast paced game.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-13-2003, 10:29 AM
Yeah I know, the harder difficulties were bloody well hard! Even in co op me and my brother just died straight away

FragMaster B
12-13-2003, 03:27 PM
I couldn't stand the rubber band effect of TS2... Maybe it's something you just get used to...