PDA

View Full Version : True Crime Sequel Confirmed

Brevity
12-10-2003, 07:43 PM
According to comments from Activision Chairman and CEO, Robert Kotick at the UBS 31st Annual Media Week Conference in New York today, a sequel to True Crime: streets of L.A. is planned. Kotick confirmed that the fighting-driving game will return in a sequel and will be set in "other cities." Obviously details beyond that piece of good news are not available at this time, including a definitive release date, but we'll keep you posted. Source (http://www.gamespydaily.com/)

thrAsher
12-10-2003, 07:54 PM
I've read A LOT on this game since it released, and all the whining about it has turned me off, even though it sounds tempting.

Hope they take their time and don't try to get it out alongside a GTA release this time.... :mad:

DocHoliday78
12-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
I've read A LOT on this game since it released, and all the whining about it has turned me off, even though it sounds tempting.

Hope they take their time and don't try to get it out alongside a GTA release this time.... :mad:

That all i hear about the game too. I havent played it yet but my brother has and he said its crap.

VaStreetRacer
12-10-2003, 08:09 PM
I don't really like True Crime: Streets of L.A. anyway. I'll try out the sequel but it's not a buy for me.

FuNkY mOnK
12-10-2003, 09:00 PM
This Game Su-cks and on top of that it had way to much Load time i traded it in after a few hours, thats what i think about the sequel.

bbchs_trash
12-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher

Every review I have read has been over an 8.0... and all user reviews have been positive.

As for them taking their time? You act like THEY rushed this game to get it out at the same time as GTA?

Well to help you out... Rockstar confirmed the date on their Double Pack AFTER True Crime's release date was set. Rockstar knew that if they let True Crime hit store shelves before their Double Pack... their sales would be cut in 1/2. Why do you think the Double Pack on Xbox came out 2-3 weeks before the Double Pack on PS2?

And as for the load times? This game loads one time... and it load a 220+ square mile city... this level is huge. The loading times are what... a minute tops? I'm not sure what version of this game you played... but these load times are nothing compared to the GTA days on PS2...

You guys all need to get your facts straight...

thrAsher
12-10-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
Every review I have read has been over an 8.0... and all user reviews have been positive.

You're right. My bad. I should play the game before I buy it or, more importantly, bash it.

All I can say is that any of the GTA series (1-VC) have never kept my attention long. True Crime seemed like it was a good crossover. I, myself, have heard of bugs that deter me from purchasing the game.

Thank god for rentals.

colosso
12-10-2003, 11:27 PM

As for them taking their time? You act like THEY rushed this game to get it out at the same time as GTA?

Well to help you out... Rockstar confirmed the date on their Double Pack AFTER True Crime's release date was set. Rockstar knew that if they let True Crime hit store shelves before their Double Pack... their sales would be cut in 1/2. Why do you think the Double Pack on Xbox came out 2-3 weeks before the Double Pack on PS2?

And as for the load times? This game loads one time... and it load a 220+ square mile city... this level is huge. The loading times are what... a minute tops? I'm not sure what version of this game you played... but these load times are nothing compared to the GTA days on PS2...what's next true crime streets of chicago or new york? because this one sucks.

You guys all need to get your facts straight... :huh:

xbox genius
12-10-2003, 11:46 PM

And as for the load times? This game loads one time... and it load a 220+ square mile city... this level is huge. The loading times are what... a minute tops? I'm not sure what version of this game you played... but these load times are nothing compared to the GTA days on PS2...

very nice observation you presented.

yeah its cool about having a sequel, but man i still didnt play the first one yet.... ign gave it a good score, and everybody else tells me it sucks........ eh i'll get it used, and i hope the 2nd one they dont rush it (assuming from other people's experience saying first one was rushed)

Hard Boiled Cop
12-11-2003, 05:52 AM
True crimes is alright though there are lots of glitches. The graphics are much better than GTA. Lets hope that the sequel will be alot better and let them please not to push it back. If they do I will never ever buy any of their games again.

FuNkY mOnK
12-11-2003, 06:16 AM
If you've played gta, Then you'll know that True crime has this tough act to follow. It's like night and day. They tried to many things in this game and became "jack of all trades master at none".

DOOM
12-11-2003, 08:11 AM
TC Is A Lil Tooo Short & A Lil Too West Coast For My Taste...
Doesnt Even Compare To GTA...
Later...

Sigma
12-11-2003, 08:53 AM

Actually the GTA Double Pack was released on PS2 about a week eariler then the Xbox.

I've played True Crime and I hated it. The gameplay was dull, the controls were unresponsive at times and they just were weird all around, and not to mention the chessy story. The game is just bad.

OC Noob
12-11-2003, 11:24 AM
I think a lot of people that bash TC haven't played it and are GTA fanboys, haven't played it, played it for a short time or just don't like it (every game has people who don't like it).

Most of the BS flying around though is from the GTA fanboys and people who are repeating what they hear from them.

Give it a rent and don't expect GTA, because while its like GTA in ways its quite a bit different.

The 6 different ways to get driving, shooting and fighting upgrades is very cool and allows you to get things like precision aiming so you can do neutrilizing shoots to the arms and legs or you can get head shots. The branching story is cool, if you go down the first branch you might think the game is short, but thats not even half the game. You can flash the badge, shoot warning shots, arrest people, frisk pedestrians, stealth missions, do slow motion dives in each direction while shooting and cool cop stuff like that.

The kung-fu isn't good when compared to an action game, but compared to the punch punch kick of every fist fight in GTA its much better. Which always makes me wonder how people can put it down and then say GTA is the greatest thing ever. I played VC on the PC and loved it, but the fighting sucks nuts and the aiming system (while traditional) was lousy.

This game is definitly worth a rent and read the manual so you know all the cool stuff you can do instead of running around not being able to do anything and complaining the game sucks like a bunch of people do. Also, ou might want to use cheats to unlock the cars, fighting stuff or weapons to check them out if you have limited time.

On topic, I'm disapointed that they aren't going to stay in LA with the next one. I think they should take what they have, use a different story and really work hard to tweak and improve what they have. They have a great base and if they worked on the AI, the aiming system, stealth and the fighting it could be a killer game.

ps the story gets a lot better a bit into the game. I wouldn't say its a great story, but it was cool. It made me want to get to the next mission point like a traditional action game does. The best part was the voice acting. Nick and the old cop (famous actor voice, can't remeber who) are funny as hell. Lines like, "go ahead and run, you'll just die tired." "Crime doesn't pat, but it sure hurts like hell" after you just kicked a crimials ass. Those weren't the best, but there are a ton of great one liners.

I laughed my ass off when the Rusian guy pulled that cord to make the female cops hand move and used that stupid voice to make her say good bye. Sounds stupid, but you have to see it, its funny as hell.

Anhyway, rent it, play it, learn how to do all the things like arresting and warning shots and play it through atleast the 5th mission.

Cool game, in some way better then GTA, in other, not as good.

FuNkY mOnK
12-11-2003, 12:05 PM
I'm not a gta fanboy i just know a clunker one i see one. And i think i'm about to see the same in Deus ex... i hope not.

OC Noob
12-11-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
I'm not a gta fanboy i just know a clunker one i see one. And i think i'm about to see the same in Deus ex... i hope not.

Like I said, some people just don't like it, the fanboy comments weren't directed at you or anyone in particular. Atleast you played it for a decent amount of time before deciding (I think you said a few hours).

dizzle
12-11-2003, 01:20 PM
I thought the game was real fun, and the loading wasn't all that bad. I really liked it, but I still prefer GTA:VC over this. It was real cool though seeing LA in a game, but they left out the SFV? WTF! Oh and by the way, I'll def. be looking out for the sequel to both games.

jaboo
12-11-2003, 01:23 PM
I've heard bout the sequel to True Crime.

The 1st one was aite....i expected a lot more from Rockstar..I loved the GTA series n hoped TC would be somewhat like it. The sequel needs to be way longer than the orginal. It took days to beat...wheres da fun in dat?

dizzle
12-11-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by jaboo
I've heard bout the sequel to True Crime.

The 1st one was aite....i expected a lot more from Rockstar..I loved the GTA series n hoped TC would be somewhat like it. The sequel needs to be way longer than the orginal. It took days to beat...wheres da fun in dat?

Rockstar didnt make True Crime.

Brevity
12-11-2003, 06:25 PM
I have a friend that has beat this game in like no time. Like something like a few hours. But thats not doing much.

l Maximus l
12-12-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Brevity
I have a friend that has beat this game in like no time. Like something like a few hours. But thats not doing much.

lol...I did the same with GTA...but, we all know that there is a ton of things to do in GTA other than the missions. I'm sure True Crime is the same regarding that...though, I haven't played the game.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-12-2003, 10:13 AM
Theres cheats that you can play as various other characters in TC. You can play as a commando, pimp, police officer, gangster, asian gangster, street gangster, oriental butcher or SWAT officer. Theres more
You can get all upgrades: fighting, drving and shooting.
Get armoured car
Get fast cars

bbchs_trash
12-12-2003, 01:14 PM
Can you continue on your saved game even after you beat the final mission? I didn't try... just assumed you couldn't... seeing as how they boot you to the main menu as soon as the ending video plays...

Hard Boiled Cop
12-12-2003, 02:59 PM
You can and it goes to the level selection screen. Have anyone collected all the bones littered in LA? I got it and played as Snoop Dogg but I wasn't bothered to spend 1 hour on it. Has anyone completed it?

S37H
12-12-2003, 07:09 PM
I like the game quite a bit.