PDA

View Full Version : kotor game of the year?

colosso
12-10-2003, 11:23 PM
a little while ago i was trying to buy a game (rainbow six 3)at amazon.com and guess what i found?KOTOR the best rpg for xbox was named the best game of 2003 overall.what do you think about this news? shall we pick a game for the award?i would say so and KOTOR is the perfect game to me,which one is yours?:cheers:

The Jackal
12-11-2003, 12:32 AM
:eek: game of the year? uhhh are you sure?

skorp
12-11-2003, 12:45 AM
Here is a link to all the games Awards and Nominations...

http://www.bioware.com/games/knights_old_republic/awards/xbox_awards.html

I didnt know KOTOR was runner up to Dues Ex: Invisible War for IGNPC's Best RPG of E3 award?!..... Well for any of you who follow PC too...:p

Variation-XBA
12-11-2003, 03:12 AM
I thought DE2 was utter garbage.... but thats me:eek:

JediMasterChief
12-11-2003, 05:21 AM
KotOR certainly deserves to be named Xbox Game of the Year and possibly even deserves to receive a nomination for the Overall Game of the Year (if not the award itself).

Hard Boiled Cop
12-11-2003, 06:13 AM
Deus Ex 2 was not utter garbage. I would say its brilliant. And KOTOR is wicked. I can't wait for Jade Empire and KOTOR2

StudioAlex
12-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Variation
I thought DE2 was utter garbage.... but thats me:eek:

The game hasn't even been out long enough for you to make that judgement. Are you telling me that you bought it last wednesday when it hit stores (thursday in most places) and you've already beaten it? A game that you hate? Beaten in seven days?

Anyway, KotOR probably deserves the honor.

OC Noob
12-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

The game hasn't even been out long enough for you to make that judgement. Are you telling me that you bought it last wednesday when it hit stores (thursday in most places) and you've already beaten it? A game that you hate? Beaten in seven days?

Anyway, KotOR probably deserves the honor.

Actually, most PC gamers have played the demo or bought the game because the first DX was so good and most hate it and think it was dumbed down for the console. I've disagreed with most of them saying it just sucks because the devs blew it, but if there are a bunch of people here that like it (haven't seen proof of it yet) then maybe it was dumbed down for console gamers, but I'd prefer to believe we, as a whole, don't need things "dumbed down" for us to enjoy them.

DX2 isn't half the rpg the first one was and any PC gamer that loved the original would rather eat crap then give it RPG of the year. Its hardly an RPG anymore. KOTOR on the other hand has translated very well to the PC and I've only seen posts from less then a hand full of people who didn't enjoy it.

Congrats KOTOR, you deserve it and the Xbox line up deserves some respect for having you.

monster1234
12-11-2003, 03:46 PM
KOTOR deserves best game of the year, although I think it had little competition.

mdooz
12-11-2003, 04:34 PM
I think KOTOR should get the GOTY award, but Prince of Persia is also an excellent game. If either one wins, it deserves it.

DDR2theEXTREME
12-11-2003, 04:37 PM
GOTY should definitely be Kotor. That game is some quality work. Plus I love RPGs. ******* ppl off just never gets old. Being nice to ppl instead is......ok....i guess

E Nomini Patri
12-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic my favorite game behind Halo and Rainbow Six 3. I hope it gets the Game of the Year Award, because it sure as hell deserves it!

FragMaster B
12-12-2003, 11:50 AM
KOTOR is one of the best games I've played in a looooon time. Great game all around and it completely stood out from the crowd as something different. I'd vote for it as game of the year.