PDA

View Full Version : What do you suggest?

ColdStone
12-11-2003, 01:12 PM
I am looking for a Xbox game to get. So far the lastest one I have is SWON, decent, but in many ways way to short, way too easy.

So here are afew I am looking at, you tell me what you think and suggest others.

On my list:
Rainbow 6
PGR2
Deus Ex: Invisable war

Kepp in mind that I don't have live, no cable connection.

Salmonaitor
12-11-2003, 01:24 PM
Personally, I don't think you need look any further than Rainbow Six 3; I just got it and am hooked. I havn't played it on "Live" yet, but the single player is awesome. What really makes this game in my opinion, is the voice commands. I'm sure there are other games out there that are good, but it's hard to imagine one better than this (excluding Halo, of coarse).

ColdStone
12-11-2003, 01:42 PM
I al want to add to the List True Crimes, I already have the GTA dp.

But so far I am eyeing Rainbow 6 right now. Also I am thinking of Unreal II. I am a huge FPS, RPG and simulator gamer.

bbchs_trash
12-11-2003, 01:47 PM
Cold... if you have a NFS: Underground... I'll trade you my True Crime... :)

And if I were you... I'd head to the local video store... and rent all these games and make the decision based on what you think. I know for a fact that Rainbow 6 III is a good game... although I wouldn't put my money into it... just because it doesn't offer the customization options for your crew like the Rainbow games of the past...

PGR2 if probably good... and I've been wanting to play Deus Ex... but very hard choices...

ColdStone
12-11-2003, 01:48 PM
Heh, I'll take that as a negitory on TC.

bbchs_trash
12-11-2003, 01:52 PM
Damn It*

Oh, and if you took that as I was knockin on True Crime... I wasn't. I just beat the game... and I'm done with it. I logged quite a few hours into the game... so I'm done now. The story didn't take too long... but I busted 75+ random crimes... so I've had my fun with it... although I never unlocked all the items... like Snoop da' Loop...

monster1234
12-11-2003, 03:44 PM
If you've got Live, go with PGR2, otherwise I'd get Deus Ex.

FuNkY mOnK
12-11-2003, 03:53 PM
wait for more feedback before you buy Deus Ex. Since you don't have live get RS3 it's more of a single player game then pgr2.

CRAYMAN
12-11-2003, 05:14 PM
I'd have to say...I'm not overjoyed with Rainbow 6 for single player.
It's very linear and confined. Not like the open spaces found in Ghost Recon.
Return to Castle Wolfenstein has a good single player experience however.
Unreal is a complete bore w/out Live.
Although, if you want something newer...give Metal Arms:Glitch in the System a try. It's a third person shooter that some say is Halo-esque. And it is a lot of fun to play.
(If you've beaten up on Halo and must have a FIRST person shooter, consider Mace Griffin and Medal of Honor.)

:argue1:

BTW, what is SWON.

RagunCajun
12-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Need for Speed Underground is a great game. You have to keep in mind that the xbox version isnt online compatible and there isnt a system link. None the less, great game. I have it for ps2. It's great online.

R63 is an awsome game....they explained it.

Legacy of Kain Defiance: I havent played this but i love the Soul Reaver series. If you want a game with the best/most in depth story line, get it. Expect to finish it in 25+ plus maybe more.

ColdStone
12-11-2003, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the info guys! SWON is Secret Weapons over Normandy. Its like crimson skies. But I was kinda disapointed in it.

Really reminded me of Rouge Squadron for the N64

xbox genius
12-11-2003, 05:38 PM
i would go with dues ex.... i'm not a racing fan... so i dont suggest that lol.... if u dont like dues ex go for rainbow six 3 i hear its addictive in single player.

also i recommend GTA DP ... i am currently playing that right now, and i must say its one heck of a game.... but it still has downfalls.

all in all....

Dues ex

skorp
12-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Here's just a few to think about...

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Available

Conker: Live and Uncut Pending

Full Spectrum Warrior Pending

StarCraft:Ghost Pending

XIII Sep 2003

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six 3 Fall 2003

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge Fall 2003

Dues Ex: Invisible War Fall 2003

Ninja Gaiden Spring 2004

Breakdown Feb 2004

Conker: Live and Uncut Pending

Strident: The Shadow Front (Phantagram) TBA

Phantom Dust 2004

BC Spring 2004

Fable Winter 2003/possible Spring 2004

Sonic Heroes Q1 2004 (Jan.6th 2004)

Half-Life2 Feb. 2004

halo2 March 2004

Jade Empire TBA

DOOM3 March 2004

Full Spectrum Warrior March 24th 2004

Painkiller March 10th 2004

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Holiday 2003

Sabotage 1943 2004

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow March 2004

StarCraft: Ghost TBA

Thief 3 March 7th 2004

Star Wars: Republic Commando 2004

Note: Some dates can change.... You know how it is?!

:cheers:

Sharky53
12-11-2003, 11:56 PM
i would say rainbow six. Unless you are a racing fan... then get pgr2

SpArTaN_21
12-12-2003, 12:12 AM
HALO PLAIN AND SIMPLE HALO, my also suggest XIII:D

DocHoliday78
12-12-2003, 12:44 AM
Geez thats quite a decision right there. Well, if you want a game with tons of replay then its between rb6 and PGR2. From then on its your taste of racing or killing. I prefer RB6 over pgr2.

l Maximus l
12-12-2003, 01:10 AM
Pick up Rainbow Six: 3 and the Tom Clancy headset since you don't have XBL. It's sweet to be able to speak commands to your anti-terrorist brethren :cool:

RagunCajun
12-12-2003, 12:25 PM
To the thread starter: Let's look at the replay value of each game. If you can only get one game it's an important subject. You dont wanna loose intrest because a game doesnt take long to beat. R63 is a great game but without live or XBC, it might get dull after you beat it once or twice. If thats the case id say go with PGR2. I havent played this game but im sure it has alot of unlockables and replay value. If you dont have halo, get that.

Also check out skorp's list. You might wanna wait for a game coming out after christmas. Just tell ya mom to wait because a game you want wont be out till jan or later.

BinaryXtreme
12-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Rainbow 6 3 is a blast. Well worth the money no matter if you' have a Live subscription or not.

ColdStone
12-12-2003, 03:43 PM
OK, well here is a list of game I have.

halo
JSR/Sega Racer (Came with my xbox)
Unreal Champ
Mech Assault
Medal of Honor FL
KOTOR
Midnight Club II (ganna trade that in, just dont like it)
Morrowind GOTY
Crimson Skies
Secret Weapons Over Normandy (I would suggest this only if you liked Rouge Squadron for the N64)
GTA3 dp (can you believe I almost took this game back? Glad I didn't!)

Agian I love FPS, simulators, and good indepth RPGs (no diablo junk).

So here are the games I am looking at getting, both thosed that are out and those that are in the future.

FABLE (This game takes guts to make)
HALO II (Who is not ganna have this game?)
Doom 3 (But only if the reveiws are good)
Rainbow 6 (The idea of "talking" to your team mates sound cool, but I don't have LIVE :( )
Deus Ex Invis War ( OXM really gave this game a high score, but I have heard mixed reviews, so I dunno)

So now what? :huh:

ShaDovV RyDer
12-12-2003, 04:13 PM
well if u r lookin for something to get this christmas then i would say go with r63...i no u dont have XBL but this game is fun either way...if u love killing then u will be playing this one into 2005...great single player and loads of fun to talk to ur lil soldiers...XBL is a huge bonus but either way its a great game...hope we r helpin u man

FaTeL DeAtH
12-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Defenetely Rainbow Six 3 and Deus Ex!

:cheers: