PDA

View Full Version : I demand justice...I got screwed on the BAG today thursday

Wolfboy_888
12-11-2003, 08:35 PM
I'm posting here because of an injustice of the XBA staff. While participating in the BAG at 9 pm est time this December 11th (thursday) 2003, i had the 1st CORRECT answer on the question... The question was " What was the Amazon.com game of the year?" ....I answered with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic...now I could of easily put kotor...but i wanted to give a specific answer so while everyone was saying Halo I was writing in the full name of the correct game...by the time i write the complete name 1 or 2 people have KOTOR posted...and the Giveaway Guru states that one of the persons who posted KOTOR was the winner...i argued that KOTOR could mean anything ....Kites on the open rainbow...anything... i argued that next answer i could put H for an answer and say i was putting the abbreviation of the name... The Guru goes on to say "I'm not looking for specific answers"

SO next question...Who was the XBA Reviewer of Max Payne 2? I was the 1st to guess Folgerboy correctly well ahead of others who were typing Casper and Josh..anyways I figure out that I wasn't eligible because I didn't include XBA at the end of Folgerboys name... now i argue that i was merely abbreviating! I say this is an injustice on XBAs part...

No Fear 23
12-11-2003, 08:37 PM
chill out man, u just didnt meet the requirements of this week for the BAG in order to win.

LynxFX
12-11-2003, 08:47 PM
I don't see any injustice done on anyone running the contest tonight. Rules are given by the host, his word is final, end of case. There will be no contesting the results. If you have a serious problem, take it up via PM to him, not a public outcry in the forums.

Better luck next time.

ShannonX
12-11-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Wolfboy_888
I'm posting here because of an injustice of the XBA staff. While participating in the BAG at 9 pm est time this December 11th (thursday) 2003, i had the 1st CORRECT answer on the question... The question was " What was the Amazon.com game of the year?" ....I answered with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic...now I could of easily put kotor...but i wanted to give a specific answer so while everyone was saying Halo I was writing in the full name of the correct game...by the time i write the complete name 1 or 2 people have KOTOR posted...and the Giveaway Guru states that one of the persons who posted KOTOR was the winner...i argued that KOTOR could mean anything ....Kites on the open rainbow...anything... i argued that next answer i could put H for an answer and say i was putting the abbreviation of the name... The Guru goes on to say "I'm not looking for specific answers"

SO next question...Who was the XBA Reviewer of Max Payne 2? I was the 1st to guess Folgerboy correctly well ahead of others who were typing Casper and Josh..anyways I figure out that I wasn't eligible because I didn't include XBA at the end of Folgerboys name... now i argue that i was merely abbreviating! I say this is an injustice on XBAs part...

you can complain all you want.

1st question: KOTOR is a standard abreviation for that game that you can see many places in place of the entire name (since it is long). its also an acronym since there are many spaces in that long name.

2nd question: I've had this problem before with people leaving off the -XBA of a name. I required the full name since there are no spaces in the name.

For your argument, you are saying you could have said "knights of the" and gotten the correct answer (which wouldn't happen), thats what you did with folgerboy. Please, dont argue.

BigJosh359
12-11-2003, 09:16 PM
SOrry dude, Read the rules. What the Host says, goes. No arguements or complaints.

You still got 3 more days anyways.

Complaining about free stuff just doesnt jive slick.

If you have a problem with the giveaways, email me about instead of in the forums.

PM or Email

Josh@xboxaddict.com

I back all the host of the giveaways. Sorry for your loss.