PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue 3 being developed internally at Microsoft Studios

blackiee2002
12-12-2003, 07:20 AM
Oh yes. Microsoft has heard our cries, and they are making our dreams come true. Check this out mad people are going to be happy.
link www.gamedreaz.com

[Here's some crazy news I was able to get my grubby paws on. With the recent buy-out announcement of Sammy & Sega, there has been tons of speculation regarding Sega's prominent development teams, including Smilebit & Yu Suzuki's new development team, Digital Rex (Yuji Naka and Sonic Team will continue to make console software). ]

YAY way to go ED Fries.:p

blackiee2002
12-12-2003, 07:21 AM
sorry here is the rest

Here's some crazy news I was able to get my grubby paws on. With the recent buy-out announcement of Sammy & Sega, there has been tons of speculation regarding Sega's prominent development teams, including Smilebit & Yu Suzuki's new development team, Digital Rex (Yuji Naka and Sonic Team will continue to make console software).

Recent news of Hajime Satomi's, Chief Executive of Sammy, decision to focus Sega's asset on Arcade hardware and software have presented the question of where Shenmue's funding will come from.

Word from the Microsoft camp is that Shenmue 3 will be developed internally at Microsoft Game Studios, under the watchful eyes of Ed Fries. It is unknown whether or not Yu Suzuki and his team will be directly involved with the development, but they will definately consult and oversee its completion, using a screenplay written by Yu Suzuki.

If this turns out to be true, I'll bet it will put a smile on a lot of Shenmue fan's faces. It's nice to know that the final chapter to one of the most involving sagas of all time will finally have the funding necessary to be completed.

DOOM
12-12-2003, 08:06 AM
Very Fawking Coolz!:cheers:

CharlieHustle
12-12-2003, 08:28 AM
i dont know, its still shenmue. I loved it on the DC, but i believe that it is past its prime. Its more about walkin around and talkin to people and i dont see myself buyin this game.

StudioAlex
12-12-2003, 09:28 AM
Sounds cool. I didn't know Ed was such a fan of the games. I wonder if he'll be changing the formula. Could be a good or a bad thing...

Hard Boiled Cop
12-12-2003, 10:19 AM
Yu Suzuki is not exactly developing it? Then its not gonna have that shenmue feel to it. Microsoft should let Yu Suzuki develop it, if not a co develpoer or something. I loved the original Shenmues and they were brilliant. It needs to have more RPG elements like eating or drinking. I played the 2 previous games without eating or drinking, not very realistic is it? It should affect your stats or health. The combat and the puzzle solving is great and it should remain like that but its just the RPG elements that I want.