PDA

View Full Version : GTA3 missions

Berserker
12-12-2003, 12:43 PM
so i beat GTA3 (however i'm only at 40% completion)
and for 'missions completed' it says i've only done 61/72 missions.

i tried to do everything in order.. doing the missions for each boss until he/she ran out of jobs. but it seems like i still missed a few somehow.

and all that is left on my map is one phone in Portland.. and i think that's just to do the street racing.

has this happened to anyone else? is there any way to complete the other missions? i suppose i could always go back.. but my saved games only go back a day or two.

thanx

JJaX
12-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Some missions are hidden, and activate when you enter a certain vehicle.

Example, the patriot sitting outside the super market or whatever. And the SUV sitting infront of the house in the cetral park area in Stauton island.

Berserker
12-12-2003, 05:12 PM
damn, that's right. i forgot about those. i came across a couple of those vehicles while i was playing.. one of the hummer missions looks kind of tough.

thanx for the info!

LynxFX
12-12-2003, 05:34 PM
And the phone missions often lead to other phone missions.

Fully_Loaded
12-12-2003, 09:32 PM
gamefaqs.com has a list of codes to get the tank or helicoptor

X-Fan
12-13-2003, 12:12 AM
i finished 41/72 missions and got bored might trade it or start playing it again i have'nt touched vice city yet.

RagunCajun
12-13-2003, 01:44 AM
You dont need codes to get a the attack heli nor the tank. To get the hunter, beat the last mission. I think it's called keep your friends closer.

To get %100 you have to complete EVERYTHING. Do all vigilante, abulamce, ice cream truck, dilivery, race, race in stadium(doors open at 20:00) and of course find all 100 packages. It takes damn long for this but the self satisfaction is awsome. Enjoy. BTW i have it for ps2. I dont think anything changed gameplay wise so what i said is accurate.

xbox genius
12-13-2003, 01:48 AM
yeah i know, i changed bosses and missed out on the early missions too... crap... and thanks whoever said that the stadium opens at 20:00 cuz i didnt know that woooo

so far its alright of a game, but its not as good as everybody says it is.... compare it game of the year to halo... HALO WINS... without a doubt.... still GTA deserves a close second

RagunCajun
12-13-2003, 01:55 AM
Doesnt matter if you turned down mission, you can still do them some kinda of way. Just complete everything youll see. Also in downtown, theres a dirtbike track. Theres also a plave to get a PCJ 600. just break the glass across from the motocycle bar where the angels are parked at. Theres some vechiles that are always there in certain spots. Enjoy.

LTM360
12-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Well, 2 examples I can tell you of. Theres a telephone set of missions by Joey's.

***Spoiler***?

And Make sure you finish all of Kenji's Missions because later on you have to kill him.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-13-2003, 09:56 AM
I want this game so bad now! Its coming out on the 2nd of January in the UK. Can't wait!

Alien
12-13-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by xbox genius
yeah i know, i changed bosses and missed out on the early missions too... crap... and thanks whoever said that the stadium opens at 20:00 cuz i didnt know that woooo

so far its alright of a game, but its not as good as everybody says it is.... compare it game of the year to halo... HALO WINS... without a doubt.... still GTA deserves a close second They're two totally different types of games...can't really compare the two's gameplay. But for overall fun, I believe that GTA is way more fun than Halo.

RagunCajun
12-13-2003, 12:17 PM
I find the replay value of GTA is sooo high. I played it for a very long time. I even bought my PS2 to play it.

Berserker
12-13-2003, 03:39 PM
i think i missed all of the hidden missions.. so i'll have to go and find them. now i'm not even sure if i skipped over any of the main missions.. like i said i tried to do them all in order. i went back once just cuz i missed a bunch of the italian missions.. so hopefully i have them all.

i found a decent walkthrough to achieve 100% completion.. i might rely on that some. i only have like 20 of the packages.. there's no way i have the patience to search for another 80 on my own.

you're right about the replay value on this game.. considering there's the taxi, paramedic etc missions.. the unique jumps too.. the rampages or whatever they call them as well. i don't know if i'll ever get to vice city!

mdooz
12-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Good luck finding all the packages. The highest I went up to was around 80 and I did almost all the missions. It takes a pretty long time. Also, you can't compare a FPS(Halo) to a 3rd person shooter/adventure game(GTA3), but if I had to choose one, I'd pick GTA3 over Halo. Halo's a great game, but GTA3 is just more fun.