PDA

View Full Version : Movies that Inspired DOA3?

The Terminator
01-02-2002, 01:17 AM
I dunno if this is the right forum or not, but this seems on topic, so here goes.

Last night, on New Year's eve, after watching the ball drop in Times Square, I watched the Legend of Drunken Master. I hadn't seen this movie in awhile, so I sorta forgot about it, but almost every move Chan did while drunk was copied exactly for Brad Wong. After watching this, I was "inspired" =] to play as Brad Wong, and I saw how smoothly all the moves looked: exactly like the movie! That gave me some new-found respect for the game.

Anyway, my question: have any of you guys seen any other movies where certain fighters seem to have gotten their moves from? I know the ninjas follow Jet Li pretty faithfully, and Bass gets his from the WWF, but how about more obscure fighters? Like Helena, Christie, or the old guy (forgot his name)?

y2kash_14
01-03-2002, 10:39 PM
The moves you see in movies such as Drunken Master did not inspire DoA3 in any way. They are actual fighting styles that can be taught. Brad Wong's fighting style, Zui Ba Xiang Quan is probably a way of saying Drunken Style. And beleive it or not Drunken Style is a fighting style. Oh and the old guys name is Gen Fu.

P.S. Leon Rules :)