PDA

View Full Version : Tenchu: Return From Darkness details

George89
12-12-2003, 08:56 PM
Activision has today released new information on Tenchu: Return From Darkness, which was announced for the Xbox in July. The game is based on the PlayStation 2 title Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven, but it will feature a number of Xbox-exclusive enhancements, including additional levels, Xbox Live support, and new restart and continue functions.

The two new single-player maps in Tenchu: Return From Darkness will take place in a samurai mansion and at a deserted pagoda. The single-player game will boast enemies with superior intelligence to those in the PS2 game and will also feature new restart and continue options that allow players to either continue when they die or restart a mission retaining any items they collected on their previous attempt.

Six of the game's levels will be available for multiplayer use, both in cooperative missions for two and in deathmatches for a currently unspecified number of players. We'll bring you more information on Tenchu: Return From Darkness, which is currently scheduled for release in March 2004, as soon as it becomes available.

By Justin Calvert, GameSpot

Sounds like it will have many improvements over the PS2 version, XBOX LIVE play being my favorite probably.:D Cant wait for it's release.

thrAsher
12-12-2003, 09:01 PM
Neither can I, George89.

Neither ... can I. :)

One of the best PS1 games ever IMHO was Tenchu. :cheers:

Fully_Loaded
12-12-2003, 09:27 PM
This is going to be an excellent title. I can't wait. I am a sucker for ninja type games.

The Jackal
12-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Tenchu was so fun on PS.... i hope its awesome when it comes out

JJaX
12-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Tenchu was awesome on PS1!!!

Heres some quick tidbits about the latest xbox version:

- multiple endings for each of the three characters

- multiple mission paths

- new stealth attacks

- fighting engine as a whole has been improved and refined to
make for a much smoother game

- enemy AI has been fine-tuned

- two-player co-op through six levels

- PS2 Tenchu characters are made of roughly 2,500 polygons. In the Xbox version, the characters are made of 4,000 polygons

- New graphic effects [Lighting]

- two new items that players can select before each mission.
They are the blinding spell and the viper potion. The blinding spell, obviously, blinds the foe, making your stealthy escape - or attack - that much easier. The viper potion is something a bit different. Drinking it will lower your health while simultaneously giving you increased strength

- new ninja abilities. The first one is a side-step attack. Players will now be able to have slightly more versatile battles with opponents as they aren't limited to just full-frontal attacks. The new side-step maneuver lets the player dodge an enemy's attack and immediately strike forward, catching the enemy off guard and landing a lethal blow

- cloaking. When activated, the character will lift up a sheet in front of them that mimics any and all textures nearby, creating an amazing cloaking effect

versus mode in Wrath of Heaven is scheduled to make a return, complete with online compatibility, but there's a chance that it may not make it into the game at all? Why? We're not entirely sure, but the reason may be because of time. - IGN INSIDER

A team ninja battle online would be sick. But lets hope it supports at least 8 players. Lets hope it even makes the game!

But regardless, the game should awesome.

Fully_Loaded
12-12-2003, 11:50 PM
That's great info you posted. This title for sure will go above and beyond on the xbox console.

X-Fan
12-13-2003, 12:11 AM
this game is now on my most anticpated list along with the likes of halo and fable.

RagunCajun
12-13-2003, 01:46 AM
Indeed yall will love it. I played it on ps2 and it was great. Since it has XBL, they will have some replay value to it. I like how the game rewards you for stealth with special ninja magic items.

xbox genius
12-13-2003, 01:56 AM
yeah this game sounded cool on the ps2, but after reading right now that it only supports multiplayer/co op on SOME levels! come on! that sucks, why not whole game? ........

eh i'll get it when its cheap or used.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-13-2003, 10:06 AM
Well at least they put in co op mode and lets not forget the online gaming cooperatively!

Unreal
12-13-2003, 06:52 PM
This is how you do a port. I will pick this up when it is released :D