PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

xxshftyxx
12-13-2003, 08:14 AM
Aiight i just signed up. And i just got my xbox. But this tetris game and star wars just isn't cuttin it. Is there a way to get free demo disks in the mail? I need something besides these two games to play.

Alien
12-13-2003, 08:49 AM
OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) has demos with their magazine. Not a very good magazine, but the demos are alright sometimes.

crucialcreation
12-13-2003, 09:18 AM
i think the only way you can get stuff is by buying it. first you need to figure out what kind of game genres you like, then you can rent from blockbuster or read reviews before you buy the game.

JDHack0822
12-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Just post a thread that asks for the best games in a genre and you will get enough responses from the people here. Also check out the member reviews, most people know what they are talking about it. Demos are a little hard to come by other than Xbox mag and once in a while you can buy them at some stores. Your best bet is to save up some cash b/c there are a lot of great games out there.

thrAsher
12-13-2003, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the Asylum, xxshftyxx. :cheers:

I'd try your local gamestore and hit up some of their used deals. You can usually find decent games for cheap. Also, if you're strapped for $, you can find the Xbox Exhibition (?) discs for around $8. They have lots of game videos, demos, and the like for you to try out. I think they are up to Vol. 4, now.

Shadow20002
12-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the XBA !! :)

kenji
12-13-2003, 01:01 PM
Welcome to XBA, xxshftyxx! :cheers: If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask anyone here.

I would rent all the games that you are intrested in, and see which ones you like. Some demos don't give justice to the games. It sounds like all you have is demos, so I would go buy some platinum hits for only $20. And Halo if you have any intrest in FPS at all,

400th post!!!

MikeMan91389
12-14-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Alien
OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) has demos with their magazine. Not a very good magazine, but the demos are alright sometimes.

are u kidding me... i love the magizine..

anyways, lets think of all the ways to spell this:
noob
n00b
noobie
n00bie
n00by
nooby
noobish
n00bish
newbish
newby
newb
newbzor
noobzor
n00bzor

just a couple spellings ive seen on here and xbc :)

Casper
12-14-2003, 10:45 AM
Check out our floating menus up top - under Charts, you will see games sorted by genre and what our users have rated as the top ones in each section.

That should be all the help you need :)

And if possible, get Xboxlive :cool:

gerbil
12-14-2003, 10:53 AM
xxshftyxx ...

chill .. dont worry about these guys .. they were in your position before .. you'll find the pplz ins xba are good ...

*for now*

mohahaahahha :D

Generation X
12-14-2003, 11:40 AM
Go to block buster. rent three of the top titles and enjoy:D

DocHoliday78
12-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Welcome to XBA. If you want to save some money then a platinum hit would be perfect. Oh and dont forget about a little game called halo:cheers: