PDA

View Full Version : How did you like Deus Ex?

George89
12-13-2003, 11:34 AM
Whoever played Deus Ex could you please post your opinions on it here. I really wanted it but I heard it was was over hyped and not as good as people thought.

thrAsher
12-13-2003, 11:42 AM
DX:IW is a good game. Not great, not terrible, just good. Worth $50? That depends. It's not really an RPG, and it's not really an FPS. It's sorta...Deus Ex. LOL.

I did have a lot of fun playing the game. I found it addictive in the sense that the story keeps you playing, even though the gameplay wasn't that great. I mean, enemies can take multiple head shots to kill, AI is lackluster, no real 'meat' to any of the NPCs, a general sense that you can get away w/ anything w/o a great deal of resistance....

Still, you can play ANY way you like. Kill everyone? Go for it. Use stealth to sneak by and incapacitate enemies w/o using deadly force? Go for it.

So, it's really a mixed bag. You'll either love it or hate it or, like me, not quite know what to think. I gave it a B+, but would be hard pressed to put it in the top 10 games of 2003....

kenji
12-13-2003, 12:11 PM
I just rented it today, and it is like what thrAsher said. Not really a RPG, not reall a FPS. What I don't like about it is that it is pretty hard to hit someone because the game is jumpy. It is slow and extremely monotone, no voice inflection, and it is dark, if you know what I mean.

The gameplay is alright. Biomods where hard to decide which one to use and ALL the guns hold the same ammo, meaning there is an extreme shortage of ammo. Headshots don't really count and the AI is pretty weak. I would not buy this game. Rent it to see how you like it.

I just started so the story hasn't taken off yet, but so far, it is okay.

George89
12-13-2003, 01:27 PM
Ok, I think I'll just rent it and get GTA DP instead. :)

StudioAlex
12-13-2003, 02:25 PM
I've been saying this forever and I'll say it again. Deus Ex is a first person adventure game. It contains elements of shooting and rpg-ing, true, but I think the best way to describe it is as an adventure game.

WillyV2
12-13-2003, 03:18 PM
I thought it was alright but i found it could have been better for sure but thats just me

Gosby
12-13-2003, 07:34 PM
I loved the game although it was short and could have been a little better but it is still awesome

FaTeL DeAtH
12-13-2003, 08:16 PM
Deus Ex is awesome. its super interactive. u can perty much do wateva the hell u want. the gameplay is great and so are the graphics and controls.

Unreal
12-13-2003, 08:38 PM
I dont know, I am not allowed to play it till christmas. Thats what the girlfriend said :( lol