PDA

View Full Version : What is up with this holiday OXM disc?

SoccerCJM77
12-13-2003, 02:35 PM
When I put the Holiday OXM into my xbox it screws it up. It won't let me play any demos or anything, and all it shows me is the menu screen. I don't know what the promblem is because on the last disc it worked like 2 weeks ago and know the Dec issue disc doesn't work for some reason. Both disc don't have any scratches on them and my controllers are working fine because I just played halo on them recently and also some of my other games. CAn someone tell me the promblem because most of my OXM's don't work. And also they haven't been sitting in the sun or anything:cuss:

Unreal
12-13-2003, 03:13 PM
I never have a problem now that I buy the mag with the disc in the plastic case. Sorry to hear about your luck, my disc works fine.

Casper
12-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Honestly - boil the game in water for about 15 seconds - use plastic tongs to take it out, or a coat hanger to 'dip it'.

OXM's disks have a thin coating over them, so boiling it helps tremendously.

George89
12-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA
Honestly - boil the game in water for about 15 seconds - use plastic tongs to take it out, or a coat hanger to 'dip it'.

OXM's disks have a thin coating over them, so boiling it helps tremendously.

I've never heard of boiling games in water.

ShaDovV RyDer
12-13-2003, 06:45 PM
wow thats awsume...my friends never work right so ill tell him to try it...who woulda thought boilng games in water would make them work...pce

AntiSOBMachine
12-15-2003, 09:21 AM
Yes i boiled my holiday edition, now it never messes up.
when u boil it,it melts 2 pieces of lamanent film (thin layer in disc)back together.:cheers:

Sexaya
12-15-2003, 09:35 AM
Hate to sound ignorant... But what is OXM? (I'm thinking Official Xbox Magazine but I might be wrong). And do you guys know if they send outside the US and if so whats the price?

Thanks, ;)

JJaX
12-15-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Sexaya
Hate to sound ignorant... But what is OXM? (I'm thinking Official Xbox Magazine but I might be wrong). And do you guys know if they send outside the US and if so whats the price?

Thanks, ;)

Yes you are correct...

Check their homepage to see if you can subscribe.

http://www.officialxboxmagazine.com/

Fully_Loaded
12-15-2003, 09:40 AM
It works fine for me. I believe they have a link to replace non working discs on their web-site.. um google it!

Sexaya
12-15-2003, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the info. I checked their website and sadly they don't deliver outside the US/Canada region... :cry:

Oh well, maybe my local Xbox shop has it... If so I might be able to ask them to mail me each copy.