PDA

View Full Version : How is Max Payne 2?

Ninja Scroll
12-13-2003, 03:22 PM
I have da option of getting an early Xmas gift and though da Ninja Gaiden delay has put me into a depressed state of mind I was considering asking for Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne, Starring Max Payne, with guest star Max Payne!:D
Dont you think they are over useing his man in da title? or is it me?

Anywho I wasnt too impressed with da original (especially da lame ending :mad: ), but dis new joint looks tight from da commercial!

Anyone got it? Drop dem thoughts without spoils, I would appreciate it fellas.;)

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne2/ss/xbox/xbox_s4_640.jpg

btw, what's with da chick? Max going soft?:eek:

Casper
12-13-2003, 04:58 PM
I rented it and as was expected, I beat it in 2 days. The story line and playability though are bad ass, much much better than the first. They took this more comic book feel to tell the story and you got to play as the chick too for a bit and cover Max's butt while he was trapped.

But I'd rent it - after you beat it, you get more modes, but they are just basically time trials to see how quick you can finish a chapter on a crazy level - eh, not even worth $40.

I'd look at Prince of Persia, Otogi, or Deus Ex to buy, but keep away from MP2 to own it.

Variation-XBA
12-13-2003, 08:06 PM
Rent MP2, as Casper said, it's an 8hr game or so. Good when it's good, but when your done, you dont touch it. Same game, just new story/characters.

FaTeL DeAtH
12-13-2003, 08:08 PM
Max Payne2 is freakin great. it has great graphics, awesome story line, kick ass gameplay and good controls.

Ninja Scroll
12-13-2003, 08:53 PM
So far it sounds like everyone is feelin dis joint outside of it's short replay value.
And not many extras for completing it huh.

Well how are da voice overs? Is it believe able?
It's just something about the mouth moving and not looking believable.
No matter what it has to be better than Resident Evils B Rated voice overs, I hope.:watchout:

btw, is it da same guy voicing Max as the original?

JJaX
12-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Get prince of persia dude......

Ninja Scroll
12-14-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Get prince of persia dude......

um,.. why?:watchout:

Sexaya
12-14-2003, 08:50 AM
I've played MP2 on my comp. and I have to agree with what everybody said - RENT IT. Buying it is a waste of cash. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game but the replay value is zero. They really should've implemented some kind of multiplayer or something. However, I've heard rumors that people are working on mods for it... So I don't know.

Good luck, hope you have fun with the game if you rent it ^_^

Gosby
12-14-2003, 01:49 PM
short, unclear storyline, but full of action

Hard Boiled Cop
12-14-2003, 03:06 PM
Well I'm renting it right now after hearing what other people has got to say and it's quite good. I haven't completed it yet so I can't really judge the replay value. Some of the textures on the wall are horrible! But some are terrific. Its sometimes sensational/horrific.

Spunkstar04
12-14-2003, 05:50 PM
I never played max payne..well i tried once but i couldnt understand it...i mgiht need to give it a second chance.

Sigma
12-14-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Because it is one of the best games of the year.

Max Payne 2 is great, but it is short and doesn't really offer any reply value.

JJaX
12-14-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Because its the best game thats been released in quite some time.

Besides rainbow 6 and GTA DP.

canadianboi3
12-14-2003, 06:06 PM
I loved the original, but I was dissapointed with how long it took to beat. I guess this will be another renter *sigh*. Oh well, the graphics look amazing, and it sounds like its good fun. Will have to go rent it.

Ninja Scroll
12-14-2003, 06:16 PM

DAMN! Dats some tuff smack comin out yo mouf nephew!
To be honest with ya da KidNinja been slippin when it comes to what's hot in da 4th quarter since my homie Ryu aka Ninja Gaiden got da axe for dis yeeeer.
But you tellin me Da Artist Formally Known As Da Prince Of Persia is one of da best game of da year, period?

I do respect yo opinion so I just might cop it.
:cool:

btw, I got GTA Dub Pack and I think it's overated.
What up with dem trashy graphics, Xbox owners aint worth a graphical remake? Plus they say it's open/end, but it's just repetitive and lame. Do a job, return to da man, do a job, return to da man, do a job, ..yaaaaaaaaawn,..zzzzzzzz... where was I? :rolleyes:

DocHoliday78
12-14-2003, 06:16 PM
Nice to see you around Ninja. Yeah its the same voice from MP1 he just looks diffrent. I dont know if your a pc gamer but if you really want MP2 then get it for the pc. The mods are badass and give it a lot of replay value. If your only looking for an xbox game that i would try Prince of Persia, atleast rent it and you will see how badass it is. Dont forget about Project Gotham Racing 2 or RB6 3.

JJaX
12-14-2003, 06:17 PM

Im sorry, i was reffering to Prince of persia.....

*edit*

OK ninja, you noticed it. Just making my self more clear.

Naw mean? :cheers:

Sexaya
12-15-2003, 12:27 AM
Ninja Scroll: I have to disagree about GTA: DP, yes the graphics suck but at least their better than PS2's graphics. But the gameplay never gets repetitive - it's not always do a job and return, and even if it was the "jobs" are so diverse and interesting. Not to mention the hidden missions and those that aren't important to the storyline. If your talking about free-gameplay just running around and killing people it can get repetitive... Unless you find a good rampage. Besides, I enjoy riding the Angel bike :D

Prince of Persia is definitely GOTY material, definitely brings the old title back to the top.

Fully_Loaded
12-15-2003, 09:43 AM
I like max payne 2 a lot better than the original. It has more depth ( a little bit more, not much)... It also has some AI that's on your side for a chance..

Spaztic
12-15-2003, 11:05 AM
Max Payne 2 is the shiznit....only took two days to beat though...luckly I just rented it! Not much replay value!

KillaCam
12-15-2003, 03:08 PM
it was good it had some good shooting