PDA

View Full Version : Wow.... Is it just me or is it impossible to get Platinum in PGR 2?

wweomaniac
12-13-2003, 05:47 PM
well I've owned the game for about a day and a half, and I'm in the Pacific Circuit.

I've only gotten one Platinum medal so far and the rest have been gold and silver. Is it really hard to get Platinums... or does it become really easy as you keep playing and naturally get better?

CarGuy
12-13-2003, 10:11 PM
No.. it's not you. It's absurdly hard. I'm considering getting rid of it because of this and it's arcade-ness is really getting old. It's such a gorgeous game (sounds are amazing too) but it's a shame they decided to stick with the stupid Kudos B.S.

Bakeman
12-13-2003, 11:17 PM
Well I got 2 or 3... but they are on the Speed Camera's
I haven't even bothered with going higher then 3rd or 4th difficulty levels.

wweomaniac
12-14-2003, 11:21 AM
well bakeman, you got 1 or 2 more platinums than me. ;)

its nice to know that other people are having the same problem as me.

perhaps it would be easier with a steering wheel? eh?

No Fear 23
12-14-2003, 10:03 PM
i have 14 plantinums, most were from speed cameras. the key to gettin the top speed is to do a dew 360 turns bc when u continue to go to the finish line, ur speed is already high after u peel out of the 360 turns. it may take a few tries to get it right. also, got some plantinums on cones challenge and some on street racing. some parts of the racing modes are kinda ****ing hard to accmplish the platinum. i think its stupid to have to unlock the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 by getting all platinums. all silver unlocks u the Porsche GT 911, all gold gets u the mercedes.

wweomaniac
12-14-2003, 11:16 PM
what you said about the 360 turn made no sense to me at all.

care to say it in english one more time for everyone? :D

JB20_2003
12-15-2003, 12:21 AM
Yeah platimun is really hard I have about 10 or more out of every race in the World kudos part. I beat the game and I only have it beat up to silver... You need to have the medal or higher then the medal silver gold whatever to get the bonus cars for that medal at then end of the game. I have 3 bonus cars and it definitly not worth working my butt off for the other 2 cars. they suck anyway. I rented the game for a week and still have it for 2 more days and I think I might buy it because of the amazing graphics and sound and feeling in the controller of torque but I won't be getting it till it gets cheap. I wrote a review on this game in the racing games forum just labeled Pgr 2 its one of the newer ones on the list. check it out. Look for my username.

RagunCajun
12-16-2003, 03:16 AM
Wow, this is the first time i heard something bad about this game. I have problems like that with other games. sometimes am playing a game and i cant beat a damn part of it for nothing. I throw my controler and quit but that never solves anything.

Dark Enemy
12-29-2003, 04:04 AM
Im on the extreme series and have a total of 0 platinums. SO HA

No Fear 23
01-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
what you said about the 360 turn made no sense to me at all.

care to say it in english one more time for everyone? :D

360 turns as in making donuts around in the middle of the track. watch the damn ghosts on xbl and see how those top leaders did it. u'll understand what i mean.