PDA

View Full Version : Batman is going into my toilet.

StudioAlex
01-02-2002, 09:14 AM
What's the deal with this game? Does Ubi Soft not hire play testers or something? Yesterday I sat there for a half hour trying to make this jump from this mushroom thing to another mushroom thing, all to no avail. DOn't they know that jumping sucks in 3D? Is there some kind of double jump technique I don't know about?

And don't even get me started on the pathetic driving and flying sequences. Why can a chevy nova (or whatever the hell you're tailing) make turns that the batmobile can't without using its harness thing?

I want to like this game so much but it seems they forgot it was supposed to be fun.

JAC
01-02-2002, 09:19 AM
Man I feel your pain. Well, not exactly, because I didn't buy this one and am not really even thinking about doing so.

StudioAlex
01-02-2002, 09:45 AM
I just don't get it. Anthony Chau over at IGN gave it a good score. To those who don't know, Anthony used to work for gamefan and that means he knows what he is talking about. =P

Ninja Scroll
01-02-2002, 11:03 AM
LOL@your Batman frustration! lololololol!! :D

Dog, I like ign's news coverage and stories, but their review teams suck mad ass yo!
I never read their reviews!
I like Batman as a comic book and the classic (orginal) animated series, but just about all Batman games have sucked except for the Sega Genesis first one. I loved that game! It was sooo realistic, beautiful, fun, and addictive!

That being said, I myself have not played the Xbox Batman Vengence, but the question is, have you seen the new Offical Xbox magazine review? Thy gave it a poor pitiful 4.6 out of 10.0 !
They said it was just a simple port from the PS2 version by Ubisoft with no new features or anything!
Now that sounds like nothing but laziness by Ubisoft if you ask me!

then again, a Bat was never as cool as a Ninja! :D

Ninja Scroll
01-02-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
I just don't get it. Anthony Chau over at IGN gave it a good score. To those who don't know, Anthony used to work for gamefan and that means he knows what he is talking about. =P

Um,...... you know "Game Fan" went belly up, right? I used to subscribe to them and that magazine was awful! They focus more on anime/manga then videogames. They were always late with the latest news and they never gave me a dime back for all the magazines I never got just because they went out of business!
The only good thing about them is that they were one of the few non-biased magazines in the gaming industry.
Bu in my opinion, the best game mags ever are Next-Gen (rumor is they have been canceled and I subsribe to them too), EGM, and OXM.
GamePro is the worst gaming mad ever!

pukkaboy
01-02-2002, 11:15 AM
my friend said it sucked big time on the ps2.

I hate that type of game anyway after i played tonic troubles *shudder*

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-02-2002, 12:08 PM
Batman is a disgrace to the X-Box, and it's a PS2 port. :(

l Maximus l
01-02-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by xBoXGaMeR2002

Dude, I'm with you...I hate ported games. One would think that these 3rd party game developers would get off their asses and start using the expanded technology that the XBox provides while making their games. If anything, this would make the 3rd party companies look better and it would mean good things for us XBox addicts :D

Yeah, I am skipping on Batman. In my opinion, batman's resurrection a few years back already ended.

Hugh_Jass
01-02-2002, 09:33 PM
It sounded kind of fun to me. Maybe I'll rent it.

StudioAlex
01-02-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Um,...... you know "Game Fan" went belly up, right? I used to subscribe to them and that magazine was awful! They focus more on anime/manga then videogames. They were always late with the latest news and they never gave me a dime back for all the magazines I never got just because they went out of business!
The only good thing about them is that they were one of the few non-biased magazines in the gaming industry.
Bu in my opinion, the best game mags ever are Next-Gen (rumor is they have been canceled and I subsribe to them too), EGM, and OXM.

Game fan going belly up doesn't mean the magazine didn't kick butt. They were the only rag that refused to put pokemon on its cover (why it probably went belly up). The told it like it was. They touted the wonders of 2d gaming (gave the awesome Strider 2 higher props than the over hyped Perfect Dark). THeir level of writing in their editorials and reviews was always top notch. I could go on and on. They rocked. Back in the golden days when all there was was (shudder) EGM and GamePro, this magazine was like the videogaming bible. They actually liked, in contrast to every other mag at the time, their sega genesises! Next Gen does have good news articles, but that's it. I'm a not fan of any of those cruddy Imagine Media magazines, especially the craptacular PSM.

Wow, I really went off there. Sorry. You really think EGM is the greatest mag ever? Maybe they have improved but back in the early nineties, they sucked big time. I could care less about news updates as the internet makes those kinds of things much handier. I like editorial content. You can ignore this if you want, because I can't convince you because, ******, we're all a bunch of opinionated fools who think their opinions outweigh every other fool's.

Frostberg
01-02-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

lol I got a free subscription online...its not even worth the time it took to enter my address! Every 5 pages in a row are ads, then 1 page of old information...Like in the issue I got 2 days ago they talked about how the Xbox might not be able to meet 800,000 by November 15th...lol! and they talk about sony buying 18.8% of Square...and its the February 2002 issue! Thats pretty sad that the issue is 4 months outdated...

robnyack
01-02-2002, 09:49 PM
I heard a supposedly REALLY cool Batman game is coming on the GC in the summer of 2002. :mad:

StudioAlex
01-02-2002, 10:38 PM
Yeah, it's called Batman: Vengeance: Super Extra Cool Game Cube Edition.

batman46st
01-02-2002, 11:31 PM
hey i agree they could have don something a lil better than that **** batman game they could have made it a lil better yo ninja scroll dog dont be knocking batman u keep forgeting he's a ninja a master of all arts he could kick the ish out of yo ninja anyday anytime besides if your ninja was cooler why dont they make a movie out of him about 5 cartoon shows n god knows how many comic books. dont diss the bat! "dog":D

sinizuh
01-02-2002, 11:40 PM
all batman games suck... you all should know that... the same goes with star wars.

Hugh_Jass
01-03-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh
all batman games suck... you all should know that... the same goes with star wars.

No way. Dark Forces and Jedi Knight on the PC were fantastic in their day.

Capt Marvel
01-03-2002, 11:30 AM
I could not agree more that Batman Vengence was a not a great game.

I encourage everyone to try b4 U buy. Visit your local Blockbuster first.

JJaX
01-03-2002, 11:34 AM
DID YOU S4IT ON IT 1ST!!!!!! Huh Huh Huh????

robnyack
01-04-2002, 12:13 PM
I still wanna know why we got stuck with Obi Wan and that other lame-ass Star Wars ps2 port game and GC got Star Wars Rougue Squadron?????

mattcoxonline
01-04-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by xBoXGaMeR2002

And from what I have seen, it shares PS2 graphics... not a game for matthew me thinks.

Hey everyone, how do you like me new avatar?
It was a choice between: (origins in brackets)

The Fonz (Happy Days)
BA (The A-Team)
Bin Laden (Cave)
Bill Gates (Home XP Beta 1.09)

I decided to alternate....

l Maximus l
01-04-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by mattcoxonline

And from what I have seen, it shares PS2 graphics... not a game for matthew me thinks.

Hey everyone, how do you like me new avatar?
It was a choice between: (origins in brackets)

The Fonz (Happy Days)
BA (The A-Team)
Bin Laden (Cave)
Bill Gates (Home XP Beta 1.09)

I decided to alternate.... '

LOL, matt....You are more of a stud than I thought! hehe...nice one, buddy :D

mattcoxonline
01-04-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
'

LOL, matt....You are more of a stud than I thought! hehe...nice one, buddy :D

One could say a "stud muffin" :D lmao

l Maximus l
01-04-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by mattcoxonline

One could say a "stud muffin" :D lmao

LOL....no comment! lol :D

Chr0nik
01-04-2002, 01:39 PM
I actually worship my toilet and would not disrespect it by flushing down such filth as Batman.

I work in a 44 floor office building, I would kindly drop it off the roof for you...

Supperdog
01-04-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
What's the deal with this game? Does Ubi Soft not hire play testers or something? Yesterday I sat there for a half hour trying to make this jump from this mushroom thing to another mushroom thing, all to no avail. DOn't they know that jumping sucks in 3D? Is there some kind of double jump technique I don't know about?

And don't even get me started on the pathetic driving and flying sequences. Why can a chevy nova (or whatever the hell you're tailing) make turns that the batmobile can't without using its harness thing?

I want to like this game so much but it seems they forgot it was supposed to be fun.

errr...no offense, but why did you buythe game in the first place?
:rolleyes:

Supperdog
01-04-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by sinizuh

hey, obi-wan kicks a$s and starfighter is fun :D

Markus_Kalarkus
01-04-2002, 10:18 PM
why bother getting crappy games like that anyway???:confused:

KrowMaGNeMMaN
01-04-2002, 10:20 PM
hmmm sounds like its going to be one of those greatest hit games on the GC lol

http://www.geocities.com/dwraith2k1/krowmag.gif

"CAPTAIN CAVE MAAAAAANNNN!"

GokuX
01-05-2002, 12:45 AM
If ya wanna play a decent Batman game then download an SNES emulator and the Batman rom for your PC. That one isn't half bad. I thought the Sega CD one was kinda fun too, but that was all driving.

Supperdog
01-05-2002, 11:39 AM
I have batman and robin on genesis :(

Shame on me...:(

shannon22
01-07-2002, 10:26 PM
i rented it too and after i beat the first lvl i took one look at yoda and nearly died from laughing he must be pmsing or he just $hit his pants :) :D

Supperdog
01-08-2002, 04:30 PM
hey hey hey, the game's cool.

But obi does sound a little congested ;)