PDA

View Full Version : Gta3?

benz_300sl
01-02-2002, 09:45 AM
hey guys, i'm curious, have any of you played GTA 3 for PS2? if so, how was it?

And does anyone know when its set to come out for XBox??

Thanks

JJaX
01-02-2002, 09:52 AM
NO (but i here nothing but good things ;) )
AND YES MAN!!!

LynxFX
01-02-2002, 09:55 AM
March 14th or 15th.

Can't wait.

StudioAlex
01-02-2002, 09:57 AM
I'm definately interested, but the the previous installments were'nt all that great after your tired of the novelty of doing naughty stuff. Hopefully this game will have more gameplay depth.

Ninja Scroll
01-02-2002, 10:53 AM
I as well have heard nothing but rave reviews of this title. Videogames.com even named it "best overall game of the year"! Is it possible this game is better than Halo? I know they are two differnet gernes but GTA3 get so much attention it's ridiculous! I watch WWF RAW & SmackDown and every other commercial consist of a GTA3 TV ad!! It's crazy!
I would also like to hear from a PS2 owner in here that has played the game too. .....
Oh, and after he reveals himself im gonna come whoop his ass for owning a PS2 on da first place!!! :D

l Maximus l
01-02-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by BIG-T
I played it at my friends house, YOU CAN SHOOT
G A Y PEOPLE!!!! Its amazing, can't wait for it to come out for the XBOX. Are they going to make changes to it or just a copy of the ps2 game to the Xbox?. I hate when they just port games over, especially from the ps2, it feels like the games been soiled.

I'm with you, dude. I hate ported games...but, from what I hear, if GTA3 is a port, this will be a good exception...I hear that this game is amazing :D

scottmackey
01-02-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by BIG-T
I played it at my friends house, YOU CAN SHOOT
G A Y PEOPLE!!!!What the ****?

billshull
01-02-2002, 02:19 PM
My friend got the ps2 just for that game , hes insane but anyways.
The game is outstanding , Very easy to control , harder to get out
of trouble , the cops are amazing in chases.
I will preorder this puppy for sure

pukkaboy
01-02-2002, 02:30 PM
gta3 ricks sssssooooooooo muuuuuuuuucccccchhhhh!!!!

you have to get it.(on XBOX)

l Maximus l
01-02-2002, 03:09 PM
I work part-time at an Electronics store...and I get asked about 20 times a day if we have GTA3 on the PoS2 and when it's coming out on XBox. 20 times might even be an understatement...So, I plan on seeing what all the hype is about due this valentines day :D

kirkyg
01-02-2002, 03:13 PM
Wanted to clear this up...according to the information i have found the release date is not specific but the release month is february (next month). i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't released until the end of the month though.

As for it being a direct port...i have proof its not a direct port. Look at this screenshot and see if you see anthing that wasn't in the ps2 game :D :D :D

http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/image.php?Screen_ID=630

kirkyg

Frostberg
01-02-2002, 03:20 PM
GTA3 is a great game, you can basically do anything bad you want...it is a fun "release" game, its something you know you cant do in real life that is prolly fun (tho bad), but there are no real life conquences

l Maximus l
01-02-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by kirkyg
Wanted to clear this up...according to the information i have found the release date is not specific but the release month is february (next month). i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't released until the end of the month though.

As for it being a direct port...i have proof its not a direct port. Look at this screenshot and see if you see anthing that wasn't in the ps2 game :D :D :D

http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/image.php?Screen_ID=630

kirkyg

hehehe, Kirk...I noticed a few limbs torn off :D Is that what you are referring to because I know that the PoS2 version doesn't have that

Frostberg
01-02-2002, 03:41 PM
Maximus-theres a cheat for that, but you shouldnt have to use codes to do it, its bad enough for a game, might as well give ya the full ride!

Big Ben
01-02-2002, 04:10 PM
It would be wierd, but will GTA3 be compatible with the racing wheel???

-Big Ben

l Maximus l
01-02-2002, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure about the racing wheel thing, Big Ben...but, I definately would like one while playing PGR, that's for sure!