PDA

View Full Version : orange light

Snapple
12-14-2003, 01:32 PM
my friend was telling me how when he turned on his xbox that it would start playing for a little bit then it would quit and the light around the open/close disc button it was orange instead of green. i think the orange light means his xbox is fried, if not then what is wrong with it? also, how could he repair his xbox?

Procto
12-14-2003, 01:48 PM
I think it was just overheated, I've seen that on my box before so I just left it off for a day and it's fine to this day.

LiquidX
12-14-2003, 02:17 PM
The only time my Xbox flashed orange is when the RCA cable was loose from the back.

CC-CRC
12-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Yea in the instruction booklet sayes that orange means a cable is unpluged/loose

# 1 Stunner
12-14-2003, 03:33 PM
yeahup i started freakin out when this happened to me until i noiticed that cable was loose...

crucialcreation
12-14-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by CC-CRC
Yea in the instruction booklet sayes that orange means a cable is unpluged/loose

oh ok phew i thought harold was a goner! (yea, i named my xbox...just now. im such a loser :()

kenji
12-14-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by crucialcreation

oh ok phew i thought harold was a goner! (yea, i named my xbox...just now. im such a loser :() Hehe. Harold.

Yeah this happened to me and I started to panic because my friends were over, but the yellow, red, and white cords weren't in. It was cool after that.

BlindSniper
12-14-2003, 07:41 PM
haha herald. Well they wouldnt out the orange light there without a reason....its def. loose cables.

Reclaimer
12-15-2003, 05:24 AM
Yes, in short, the green light is all clear, orange is a recoverable error, and red means it's toast. With a red light, you usually get the black screen of death. The screen that tells you in 7 languages that your xbox needs service.
Green your playing..
Orange don't panic
Red... panic.

Much like our homeland security color system..
yellow: The daily life...
Orange: We are in trouble
Red: Kiss your ass buenos noches.

Sexaya
12-15-2003, 05:30 AM
Mine got a flashing green once, and I don't mean it was on the eject it was after I inserted the disc. It was because my disc was scratched and wouldn't play. Oh, and to whoever got the same problem with a CD don't go out and buy another one - I had the CD smoothed by some material smoothing place and it worked like a charm after that.

FuNkY mOnK
12-15-2003, 07:08 AM
If you get a blue light this means you're at K-mart for some serious savings. ;)

KillaCam
12-15-2003, 03:16 PM
to me is that the wires on the back was loose

HellHawk
12-15-2003, 03:59 PM
overheated, and sometimes also, if you dont have video cords in, it will do this.

Peepers
12-15-2003, 06:04 PM
I got a red/orange light on one of my Xbox's and it was ruined.

MikeMan91389
12-15-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX
The only time my Xbox flashed orange is when the RCA cable was loose from the back.

same, that happend to me, and i was so scared, my heart was beating hard. So i unplugged and replugged everything, and it worked fine. I later found out what it meant :)