PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 2 suggestions

Spunkstar04
12-14-2003, 05:02 PM
Post your ideas for the next Xbox...

I think maybe a vertical stance..it saves room.
Maybe a choice of colors?
Comes with its own mini speaker system? Sounds rules...

The Jackal
12-14-2003, 06:37 PM
you do have a choice for xbox.. theres a black and green and various skins you can buy for it... and if it came wit its own mini speaker system itd just bump up the price... ill stick wit the surround sound i got

LiquidX
12-14-2003, 06:45 PM
The only thing I could think of would be to have like a 5 disc tray. I hate getting my fat lazy ass up to change discs. Put my 5 favorites in and just press a button on a remote... but, then what happens when I lose the remote? :cry:

ShadowWolf
12-14-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX
Put my 5 favorites in and just press a button on a remote... but, then what happens when I lose the remote? :cry:

Then there's a button on the Xbox for the CD choice ;). A great idea would be the vertical stand. It would save some space possibly.

Sexaya
12-15-2003, 01:09 AM
Instead of a controller you plug something into your head that takes you into the game. Or a neural controller, you touch it and then where you want to move it will go there. Yeah, I know... Impossible.

Now for a possible idea, something like complicated 3D Glasses that'll make it seem more lifelike in the game. The glasses connect to the box and shows the game like inside the glasses or something. Hope you understood that :eek:

RagunCajun
12-15-2003, 02:12 AM
I dont have a problem with the current. If xbox 2 was able to produce better graphics and games that done so, it doesnt need anything else. I know that will happen but that's all that needs to happen.

AntiSOBMachine
12-15-2003, 10:07 AM
I think the new xbox2 should be in a shuttle computer case(for those of u who know waht im talking about) this cuts back on space and would be really cool, other than that.......
-120 GB HD
-better graphics chip
-faster disc drive
-ability to Down load games to system(use cd key only for DL option but still be able to play them w/o DL)
-reverse compatability
-usb ports for keyboard and mouse
-neon lites(choose ur pic)
-300.00$$$
-same controllers
-beat the MESS out of the upcoming PS3
:cheers:

siayajin
12-15-2003, 11:49 AM
A power button for the dvd remote, which should actually be a universal remote control.

Wireless controllers which have a built in Live communicator so you just plug the headset in. Or maybe it can just have Bluetooth technology and kill wires altogether.

CharlieHustle
12-15-2003, 01:55 PM
S-video out and component outlets, like dvd players. I would appreciate it if they do that for me. Just intergrate the advanced HD pack in it.

jelgiad
12-15-2003, 02:04 PM
I personally wouldnt like a vertical stand. I didnt like having my ps2 vertical when i had it, and i wouldnt like the xbox that way either. Would would be good though is if they made it more like a dvd player or component stereo, where it would be about the same size as the others and be able to stack it above or below other electronics. That is probably the main thing i find annoying about consoles is their awkward shapes. I do think the 5 disk tray that Liquid was talking about would be a cool feature.

Sexaya
12-15-2003, 02:17 PM
One thing I'd really, really like - is if the next XBox would be much smaller. Sort of like the GameCube, but then again there's a reason why we call it the big green machine ^_^

Splinter-Seal
12-15-2003, 02:22 PM
A reset button.

The usual better hardware requests, not that what we have now isn't wonderful. However, as the times have changed, so could the Xbox's powerful reign.

Backwards compatability.

RagunCajun
12-15-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by AntiSOBMachine
-ability to Down load games to system(use cd key only for DL option but still be able to play them w/o DL)

That would put game makers out of buisiness.

jelgiad
12-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Splinter-Seal
A reset button.

that reminds me, i want a soft reset, such as holding a specific combo of buttons on the controller to reset the system. I found it very useful when i would get pissed off playing ps1.

KillaCam
12-15-2003, 03:04 PM
they should maket smaller and nice with green light around it it would be sweet!

Generation X
12-15-2003, 03:36 PM
14 Smaller, dont halft to buy the dvd kit, a clock to tell you when youve been playing to long (theres no such thing as playing to long;) ) Uhhh, ps1 type screen so you can take it with you.

monster1234
12-15-2003, 05:49 PM
More memory.

HellHawk
12-15-2003, 06:02 PM
ill be camping in line for xbox 2, thats 4 sure, and prob even ps3. Xbox is by far better, but both have good games.

George89
12-15-2003, 06:05 PM
I just want it to be able to play XBOX 2 as well as XBOX 1 games

mordecai
12-15-2003, 08:50 PM
All I want them to change is to give it a reset button. I so wanted one while playing morrowind.

skorp
12-15-2003, 08:59 PM
Of course a complete upgrade with a faster chip/better graphics compatibility/bigger HD.... etc...

Backwards compatibility including DVD playback...

Add a green LED on the Xbox symbol

additional user friendly software capabilities such as a better built in windows media player for MP3's, Music video,and Game Library
w/dedicated cd key so it cant be used again or copied... (u think their is a way to do this Legally? hehe) So we can use the remote control to search and scroll thru any library we choose to watch, play, and/or listen to in a nicely organized playlist just by simply downloading it from Videos online, your purchased music cd, and games...

SPARTAN VI
12-16-2003, 03:20 AM
Implicate the Blinx Blower... 'nuff said.

prakeem
12-16-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by The Jackal
you do have a choice for xbox.. theres a black and green and various skins you can buy for it... and if it came wit its own mini speaker system itd just bump up the price... ill stick wit the surround sound i got

Relax dude, those are just his suggestions, and not bad suggestions either. Also, he is talking about the next Xbox, not the current one.

If would be awesome if the next Xbox would allow us to watch DVD's online with a bunch of friends. One person pops in the DVD, and invites friends via XBL (or whatever it will be called then) so they can also enjoy the show. That would help sell the machine!!!!!!!

asammw
12-16-2003, 05:43 AM
A reset button would be handy, and of course it would be nice if it was smaller. Technology advances tend to make things smaller anyway so i think we can be quite sure of that.:D

AntiSOBMachine
12-16-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by RagunCajun

That would put game makers out of buisiness.

BS, microsoft has plenty of security knowledge the could easyily come up with a program to stop piracy:D

AntiSOBMachine
12-16-2003, 10:20 AM
Has anybody seen a shuttle computer b4? they just a little bit taller an wider than the gamecube but about 10 inches long or less they really cool and dont take up as much space as the current xbox.:hail:

lotec16
01-01-2004, 05:02 PM
I think the new xbox2 should be in a shuttle computer case(for those of u who know waht im talking about) this cuts back on space and would be really cool, other than that.......
-120 GB HD
-better graphics chip
-faster disc drive
-reverse compatability
-usb ports for keyboard and mouse
-neon lites(choose ur pic)
-300.00$$$
-same controllers
-beat the MESS out of the upcoming PS3

What are you gonna do with a 120GB hard drive? I would much rather have a 20GB hard drive that is SATA as to have some real kickas$ virtual ram. Lets say 25 bucks more for the extra 100gig non SATA (price for 2005) thats 250 million that coulda went into R&D for the graphics card.

What kind of Internet do you have? If your answer is less then OC-3 your a moron. Who wants to wait all day to download one game? Why not go to the store and buy a disc, and be done in less then 30 min? The infrastructure needed to have millions of people download 3-?GB files all at the same time would be huge! Ridiculous.

You can find USB ports on your computer, go play there.

Neon lights! That’s funny, O look at me I have neon lights on my xbox2, am i pimp or what! I would much rather see Microsoft put another 30 million into R&D then to put in stupid neon lights.

No one stated a faster CPU, who doesn't want better physics and A.I. Compare a G5(powerpc4) to a friggin' 733mhz celeron. Xbox 2 will be 5-7 times faster in terms of processor power easy.

I would like ~512DDR 2 RAM, right now there is only 64 and I Have read where that has been the biggest problem to get around with performance.

I also want some type of hyper-threading incorperated, but seeing as how intel is no longer involved i doubt that there will be anything. I'll wish for dual core but thats more of a xbox3 thing.

When everyone switchs to HD-TV, graphics cards are going to take a big hit in performance. HD-TV will have ~3-4 times the resolution of the normal tvs we have now, I am wondering how everyone is going to deal with it.

If your to lazy to get off ur A$$ to put a disc into a system no more then 10 feet from you, your sad.

Peepers
01-01-2004, 05:53 PM
1. Make it the by far the most technically capable system.

2. Don't add expensive suff that no one will ever use, like built-in speakers.

3. Don't use Thompson to make the DVD drives.

EDIT: I agree with lotec about the need for a lot more RAM. 64 simply isn't enough. That's just one reason for the 16-player cap in multiplayer games.

CC-CRC
01-01-2004, 06:03 PM
More Ram... lets just bump it to 1 Gig. who needs 516 when you could have a gig.:D

Also lets spend some of gates money on faster R and D. If they could release Xbox 2 before PS3 it would be a big boost.

Also lets get Microsoft to start getting more exclusive companys or online only for there games. Sony does it like EA and before they had rights to Rockstar. Lets see some games that are awsome made by some compnays that used to make Ps2 games ONLY ON XBOX. And then run it in there faces,:D

lotec16
01-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by CC-CRC
More Ram... lets just bump it to 1 Gig. who needs 516 when you could have a gig.:D

A gig would be good but I would take 512MB of some fast DDR2 over a gig. Since there is a very small OS I think 512 would handle itself well, but I don't design games for xbox, i just know computers, so i don't really know.

It HAS to be no more then 300 bucks, thats one thing for sure.

And built in speakers has to be one of the stupidist things i've heard, to make it worth while it would raise the whole price at least 100 bucks, and it still wouldn't be that good.

AntiSOBMachine
01-02-2004, 04:51 PM
lotec 16 get that stick out of ur ass, what is ur friggin prolblem, these are all just thoughts and opinions, why do i want 120gig because MS can afford it and if you didnt know the xbox 2 will be able to record tv shows and they prob have already made sure a 120 would be put in.
and for a cpu read the latest edition of oxm most of us already know about the variant G5. gez u need to chill. most of what i said i would like to be in the next xbox is out of an oxm (not sure on the month). the only thing i would really like to see is a xbox 2 in a shuttle comp case.
neon lights hmmm that must be one big ass stick up ur ass, neon lights would be for the fun of it u ass, it would also bring more people to buy the system xbox2 will most likely take over the living room and render dvd players useless :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

LynxFX
01-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Faster CPU, GPU, memory etc is a given so I won't even get into that.

Most of the following are must haves IMO, and not just a wish list.

Every game outputted at 1920x1080 resolution (HD 1080i) as well as the option for 1280x720 (HD 720p). These resolutions have been capable on PC's for years now with current games so there is zero excuse not to have them natively in late 2005. HD is a reality, not a luxury and the next two years you will really start to see a boom in hardware and software for this tech. Stop holding on to technology from the 50's. At those resolutions widescreen aspect ratio is a given.

Integrated Dolby Digial EX sound ingame. DTS would be great as well, but highly unlikely do to the licensing fees.

Forget DVD playback, and wasted money on licensing fees. Good DVD players are a dime a dozen and it is already becoming an old format. Use the AOD HD-DVD standard for the games and give us HD-DVD playback. This would be the #1 feature that could really hurt the PS3 as they are going with the Blu-ray disc which has not been adopted by the DVD forum and will most likely die as a format other than found on Sony devices. Going with the DVD forum standard will give MS the edge along with doing what the PS2 did for DVD by building up the install base for such players. Basically it gives the studios an excuse to start embrasing the format and putting out even more prerecorded movies and lowering the price.

Integrated 80211.g wireless connectivity.

A/V ports built in, component and DV/I as well as optical/digital coax out. Being built in removes the middle man and lower quality of having to go with an adaptor (the HD A/V pack) or rely on a 3rd party company like Monster that jacks prices up.

If backwards compatibility is available, allow the games to be upconverted to 720p or 1080i. This would be great for selling xbox 1 games and adding life to them. Otherwise I could care less about being able to play xbox 1 games. I already have an xbox.

Better system controls, ie reset button, power, soft reset, all available via the controller.

Speaking of controllers, wireless=standard. For once let's ditch the wired controller as the standard. VCR's did it in the 80's, I don't see why we have to continue to live with it in the 21st century.

Size, keep it looking like a nice A/V counterpart and I'll be happy. Vertical stand is useless for most people but if it can be done, do it.

Tivo, PVR, Firewire DVcam connectivity, web browsing, video conferencing, etc can all be looked at.

I think the biggest factor will be the actual video output and disc format that is used that will seperate the Xbox2 and PS3 from each other. Who ever has the most compatible features will win. Right now Sony is backing themselves into a corner with sticking with their proprietary format. This is the perfect opportunity for MS to jump up and take the lead right out of the gate. Here's to hoping the don't screw it up. :cheers:

lotec16
01-03-2004, 03:28 PM
lotec 16 get that stick out of ur ass, what is ur friggin prolblem, these are all just thoughts and opinions, why do i want 120gig because MS can afford it and if you didnt know the xbox 2 will be able to record tv shows and they prob have already made sure a 120 would be put in.
and for a cpu read the latest edition of oxm most of us already know about the variant G5. gez u need to chill. most of what i said i would like to be in the next xbox is out of an oxm (not sure on the month). the only thing i would really like to see is a xbox 2 in a shuttle comp case.
neon lights hmmm that must be one big ass stick up ur ass, neon lights would be for the fun of it u ass, it would also bring more people to buy the system xbox2 will most likely take over the living room and render dvd players useless

Using a conole as a tivo is stupid, look at the psx, how is that doing? it's just stupid. Who wants to get far into some game, forget to save, and you try to but you find that all your teletubbies episodes are taking up hard drive space. Or how bout your game is loading and using the virtual ram but it's going slow because it has to cycle through all the will & grace you stored on your hard drive slowing up performance.

IF YOU WANT A TIVO, BUY A TIVO!

Neon lights are still stupid. Think about it, it's stupid! Who wants a pimped out badass looking xbox, or who wants a xbox capable of running the best looking and preforming games? Take your pick. I would rather have a better preforming box for my 300 bucks.

You all should be a lot more realistic like LynxFX-XBA(cept for the 2nd to last part).

O and these are my thoughts and opinions.

If you want lights on your xbox 2, ask your mom for a lamp and put it ontop of it.

Stuff that is all-in-one is never as good as one thing that is designed to do that one thing. Try to stretch xbox 2 too thin with stupid stuff and it won't be any good, all we need is a kick ass gaming stystem, not a swiss army knife, tivo, and computer.

TrueBelieverUK*
01-03-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by prakeem

Relax dude, those are just his suggestions, and not bad suggestions either. Also, he is talking about the next Xbox, not the current one.

If would be awesome if the next Xbox would allow us to watch DVD's online with a bunch of friends. One person pops in the DVD, and invites friends via XBL (or whatever it will be called then) so they can also enjoy the show. That would help sell the machine!!!!!!!

that is an amazing idea. watch dvd's online. i thought maybe able to play all known video formats, so i can watch my .avi films. the abilty to rip dvd's and vcd's to hard drive for quick access?

how about its like a mobile phone and although its a solid machine, it comes with many interchangable shells, that would be cool, cos then you wouldnt have to paint or mess it up with stickers
#

well theres my daily dose of thinking
TBUK

RagunCajun
01-03-2004, 04:04 PM

BS, microsoft has plenty of security knowledge the could easyily come up with a program to stop piracy:D
where theres a will, theres a way. piracy will never stop....anytime soon.:(

dances with broom sticks
01-03-2004, 04:11 PM
DVDs online wouldnt work. It would be copyright infringment wouldnt it? I cant see it being legal to have one person rent the movie, and other people all over the country watch it.

Kinda like how you need permission to show a movie to a group of people (like a teacher at a school)

lotec16 you need to calm down. People want stuff that does more than one thing. Im sure they could add an extra harddrive, or partition one so you wouldnt be in danger of using up your precious save space.

The psx isnt selling well because people already have the PS2. Lets here some of your ideas oh great one.

lotec16
01-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by dances with broom sticks
lotec16 you need to calm down. People want stuff that does more than one thing. Im sure they could add an extra harddrive, or partition one so you wouldnt be in danger of using up your precious save space.

The psx isnt selling well because people already have the PS2. Lets here some of your ideas oh great one.

What are you gonna do with a 120GB hard drive? I would much rather have a 20GB hard drive that is SATA as to have some real kickas$ virtual ram. Lets say 25 bucks more for the extra 100gig non SATA (price for 2005) thats 250 million that coulda went into R&D for the graphics card.

What kind of Internet do you have? If your answer is less then OC-3 your a moron. Who wants to wait all day to download one game? Why not go to the store and buy a disc, and be done in less then 30 min? The infrastructure needed to have millions of people download 3-?GB files all at the same time would be huge! Ridiculous.

You can find USB ports on your computer, go play there.

Neon lights! That’s funny, O look at me I have neon lights on my xbox2, am i pimp or what! I would much rather see Microsoft put another 30 million into R&D then to put in stupid neon lights.

No one stated a faster CPU, who doesn't want better physics and A.I. Compare a G5(powerpc4) to a friggin' 733mhz celeron. Xbox 2 will be 5-7 times faster in terms of processor power easy.

I would like ~512DDR 2 RAM, right now there is only 64 and I Have read where that has been the biggest problem to get around with performance.

I also want some type of hyper-threading incorperated, but seeing as how intel is no longer involved i doubt that there will be anything. I'll wish for dual core but thats more of a xbox3 thing.

When everyone switchs to HD-TV, graphics cards are going to take a big hit in performance. HD-TV will have ~3-4 times the resolution of the normal tvs we have now, I am wondering how everyone is going to deal with it.

If your to lazy to get off ur A$$ to put a disc into a system no more then 10 feet from you, your sad.

That is where I voiced my opinions. N E QUESTIONS!?

People may want more things in their xbox 2 but it's only gonna be about 300 bucks! you can't have a good entertainment system and console for 300 bucks, so why do people want neon lights, bright colors, and huge hard drive for tivo, and a all in one everything, you could do it.......... but it would bring the quality of everything down.

XpowerX
01-07-2004, 09:38 PM
I thought Tivo would be a nice accesory, but if it does @#$@'s up performance then forget it. Also I agree with the neon light thing. It would only cost more and who would want a pimped out X-Box if everyone had one! That defeats the purpose.

lotec16
01-09-2004, 03:44 PM
If you read the news on the first page it says the hard drive are the biggest money losers, so I wouldn't expect a tivo in this one at all more like a 20GB hard drive or somthing of that sort.

If they want xbox 2 to come out first and still be better than PS3 they are gonna have to hire some good enginerers, I think graphcis are a huge selling point to the uneducated parents/grandparent/old people that have to preferance to system.

Chr0nik
01-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Here are my suggestions

1. Quieter fans. The Xbox makes quite a bit of racket when powered on. It has a distinct humming noise that can be bothersome in a quiet room.

2. Smaller design. The VCR look is not acceptable for a next gen console.

3. Choice of colors would be great

4. Better power cord design. A 4ft power cord is not going to get you very far. And the receptacle it plugs into on the Xbox is a little flimsy

5. Multiple skins to load with.

6. Better soundtrack management

Angell
01-10-2004, 12:02 AM
Banishment of the dirty disc error...

MerimacHamwich
01-10-2004, 12:04 AM
Introduction of the "Your download has been interrupted" error.

-edit-
Oh, wait, I thought this was the Phantom thread...
So, yeah... Xbox 2... I want it to have Snowboard dispensers. Any snowboard you want, it manufactures it and everything and it just pops out.

themoosearmy
01-10-2004, 02:46 AM
Just a couple things:

1. More power overal (processor, Ram etc.) to cut back on load times for suggestion number 2.

2. Backwards compatibility

3. Slimmer design->smaller, cheaper, sleeker

4. 5 disc tray would be a great idea, and maybe GIVE us the remote, reset button would be nice.

5. Larger hard drive

6. Halo built into the system...just because every XBOX owner should have it anyways

gaschue
01-10-2004, 08:30 AM
I think a lot of you guys got realy big sticks up thier asses
i got pretty much the same opinion then lotec 16. why to you want speakers in your x box thats just stupid small speaker sound like **** and good ones are to big. also does your tv have a speaker. you don't need that stupid neons either less the wireless grap its just eating up batteries and a stupid dvd changer. you are telling stuff i could just cry get a computer for that stuff. hdtv is the same ****ing **** it is just in america availabel not cheap and why to you want a resolution like 1900 x somthing thats just stupid

- bigger HD
- cheaper equipment
- built in dvd kit
- well better graphics and that stuff is for shure in the new xbox otherwise they wouldn't make a new one
- maybe like a dvd recorder but is not that important

p.s. microsoft can put as many cd keys they want and activation grap on thier cd/dvd. there is still a way to copy it

Vulcan
01-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Beside the fact that bungie said that halo 2 will be the final installment in the series, i think for the xbox 2 there should be a new halo at launch, the game could be all about multiplayer/xboxlive kind of like the game turok rage wars, and also backward compadibility, power button remote, smaller console, more memory on hardrive, wireless EVERYTHING,

mrgeorge88
01-10-2004, 06:47 PM
1 make the system MUCH smaller
2 bigger hard drive
3 better graphics card
4 a flip up plasma screen attached to it
5 a battery pack attached to the bottom so i can play it on the airplane
6 i dont know

l Maximus l
01-10-2004, 07:04 PM
Beer coasters....that's all the XBox 2 needs :D

BunnyRabbit
01-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Backwards compatibility...

Online betting.. You swipe your credit card in a slot and make bets... Thatd be sweet.

Uhmm...

More durable online headsets
An affordable price..

Haha Forwards compatibility for Xbox 3 games.. LMAO ;)

themoosearmy
01-11-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Vulcan
Beside the fact that bungie said that halo 2 will be the final installment in the series, i think for the xbox 2 there should be a new halo at launch, the game could be all about multiplayer/xboxlive kind of like the game turok rage wars

I love the Halo campaign (only been able to 1st 2 missions on legendary so far), so I'd have to say I would be very disappointed if XBOX 2's Halo didn't have single player.

P.S. I loved the first Turok, never caught on with the others:eek:

lotec16
01-11-2004, 03:18 PM
I would bet xbox 2 will have halo 3 because that right there would gaurente that millions of xbox 2's would sell. I would think microsoft would make them do it.

Thank you gaschue

BunnyRabbit
01-11-2004, 04:24 PM
Halo 2 will be the last of the Halo's? That WOULD SUCK! I want more than just 2.. They better make a Halo 3 + 4 or a Halo Movie or im going to boycott Bungie for all eternity..:mad:

MerimacHamwich
01-11-2004, 04:42 PM
I love how you all are asking for the most powerful and recent technology out there and then say it has to be small.

Classic!
:)

LynxFX
01-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I love how you all are asking for the most powerful and recent technology out there and then say it has to be small.

Classic!
:)
I was thinking the same thing...

"I want this and this and this and that, and it must all fit in my wristwatch."

lotec16
01-12-2004, 02:56 PM
They could use a 1" hard drive, those are coming around for stuff that needs small size and large space.

LynxFX
01-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by lotec16
They could use a 1" hard drive, those are coming around for stuff that needs small size and large space.
Yes, small size, large space, and large price. The goal is to keep the cost down which is why they went with a standard harddrive the first round. They could have easily put in a laptop harddrive but the price would have gone up.

The size doesn't really bother me. Infact it could be wider IMO, and made in a stackable fashion.

lotec16
01-12-2004, 05:46 PM
I think it's expensive because no one buys in bulk.

If you buy 10+ million of somthing I think you could get a little discount.

Plus they will be more common by 2005-6 so the price would fall a little.

I don't have a problem with the size of it now either, in fact a little bigger and I still wouldn't mind, as long as it has some kick@$$ power in it.

l Maximus l
01-12-2004, 06:13 PM
I'm still saying beer coasters...should be standard on all consoles :cheers: