PDA

View Full Version : wut was the fastest time u beat halo??

KillaCam
12-15-2003, 03:14 PM
the fastest time it took me was in 7 hours non stop wut about u ppl.!!

jelgiad
12-15-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by KillaCam
the fastest time it took me was in 7 hours non stop wut about u ppl.!!

as much as i love halo, im ashamed to say i've never actually beat it without playing co-op. Me and my step-dad went through it playing co-op, and ive played countless hours of regular multi-player, but the levels are just too long for me to sit down and play on my own. I know you can save, but if im gonna sit down and play, i want to at least clear a level

kenji
12-15-2003, 05:49 PM
I can't say that I time myself, and I have never beat the entire game straight through. Congrats though, that seems like a pretty fast time.

:cheers:

mrgeorge88
12-15-2003, 06:03 PM
well id say about 18 hours

(that i havnt done)

monster1234
12-15-2003, 06:45 PM
Who cares? Honestly?!?

DocHoliday78
12-15-2003, 06:49 PM
My brothers friend beat it with his friend (give me a break) on Legendary in 5 hours. I personally dont care how long it takes me to beat games. I like to savor every moment.

MikeMan91389
12-15-2003, 06:53 PM
I too, have never beaten the game. I personally hate the campain. However, i heard, im 99% sure its true, that if u beat halo on easy, then legendary in less that 2 hours, you get two new guns. I am pretty sure this is true. But it didnt come from me. I have seen it in numerous places also

E Nomini Patri
12-15-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389
I too, have never beaten the game. I personally hate the campain. However, i heard, im 99% sure its true, that if u beat halo on easy, then legendary in less that 2 hours, you get two new guns. I am pretty sure this is true. But it didnt come from me. I have seen it in numerous places also

Yeah that's true.

:rolleyes:

From Bungie.net

Extra Guns, by Matt
Q I read that you can unlock more guns if you beat the game on Legendary in under three hours. True?
A False. There are no "unlockable" weapons in the game. If there were, we wouldn't make you beat the game on Legendary in three hours to get them. :-)

RagunCajun
12-16-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by jelgiad
as much as i love halo, im ashamed to say i've never actually beat it without playing co-op. Me and my step-dad went through it playing co-op, and ive played countless hours of regular multi-player, but the levels are just too long for me to sit down and play on my own. I know you can save, but if im gonna sit down and play, i want to at least clear a level
If ya ask me, playing with ya dad is awsome. Spending quality time with ya dad playing games is awsome. Last time my dad play with me was a fishing game for the ps1. One time he went to set the hook and pull the PS out of the entertainment center lol.:p

SPARTAN VI
12-16-2003, 03:19 AM
50 seconds... if you beat that, you're lying. :)

:)

wbio
12-16-2003, 06:43 AM
never timed myself, but then again, I never just sit down and beat the whole game, it gets old to me. I don't like going through the campaign that much, I like the multiplayer.

jelgiad
12-16-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by RagunCajun

If ya ask me, playing with ya dad is awsome. Spending quality time with ya dad playing games is awsome. Last time my dad play with me was a fishing game for the ps1. One time he went to set the hook and pull the PS out of the entertainment center lol.:p

man, he gets into games as much as me and dees do. an average weekend at my house, we spend at LEAST 2 or 3 hours playing halo, usually having me, dees, my brother, my step brother, my neighbor, and any number of me and/or dees' friends over playing.

bobby9989
12-16-2003, 03:51 PM
My friends can beat it on normal in a hour and a half or something like that.

nof
12-16-2003, 04:40 PM
A hour and a half? That's doesn't sound possible.

It takes a half a hour just to walk throught the library without even shooting a enemy.

MikeMan91389
12-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

Yeah that's true.

:rolleyes:

From Bungie.net

Extra Guns, by Matt
Q I read that you can unlock more guns if you beat the game on Legendary in under three hours. True?
A False. There are no "unlockable" weapons in the game. If there were, we wouldn't make you beat the game on Legendary in three hours to get them. :-)

thanks for the clearup.... I had been wondering about that! I thought it mighta been true, but that time would be impossible to beat... That was a good myth....or lie

:cheers: to whoever made it!

bobby9989
12-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by nof
A hour and a half? That's doesn't sound possible.

It takes a half a hour just to walk throught the library without even shooting a enemy.

I know. But my friend made a new guy at my house and started playing the campaign. I looked over and saw he had all the levels. He says he knows short cuts and other things.

E Nomini Patri
12-16-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by bobby9989

I know. But my friend made a new guy at my house and started playing the campaign. I looked over and saw he had all the levels. He says he knows short cuts and other things.

There aren't enough shortcuts in any of the levels to make that time even remotely possible.

mastar
12-16-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389

thanks for the clearup.... I had been wondering about that! I thought it mighta been true, but that time would be impossible to beat... That was a good myth....or lie

:cheers: to whoever made it!

ive been waiting since like the first week of septemper to know if that was true since i got my xbox on the first day of september.
and now i know

mastar
12-16-2003, 09:08 PM
:D sweeeet i just made my 50th post and didn't know it :D :cheers:

Hard Boiled Cop
12-17-2003, 06:41 AM
It is definitely impossible to complete the whole game in half an hour. 1 hour would be possible. If you're playing it on easy that is. If you playing it on easy then you just run there without killing anybody. Just zoom it there.

AntiSOBMachine
12-17-2003, 09:02 AM
there are short cuts that are meant to be and sum cause bodily harm to get to.

Levels wit shortcuts:(that i've found)
1-not any that r important
2-yea rite u wish
3-dont think so
4-u can force the warthog b/t 2 trees (w/o grenades, just aim)
then when u get to the "shafted" cutscene u can jump to sum lower levels(careful u hav to do it jus rite) then the obvious one, jump directly on the over shield.
5- the banshee shortcut, get the banshee fly thru the rest of the level and there r no more enemies.
6-there is but i havent been able to stay on the pelican w/o falling off(watch for elite flood in very begining on the fallen tree very top)
7-library ha i doubt it but if so tell me
8-none really
9-nope but i have made it across the big hole in the floor(with the help of a FRAG grenade)
10-no shortcuts but sum special areas, shoot thru glass area, & the glitch in the engine room to kill all sentinals at once(works better w/ co-op.)

easy or Legendary...hour and a half , yea rite ......BS:huh:

AntiSOBMachine
12-17-2003, 09:21 AM
to answer ur question.....I dont know ive never payed attention to time, ipay more attention to killin covies.specify which difficulty. That makes a big difference.:rofl:

nof
12-17-2003, 10:41 AM
You can't even walk through the game in less then a hour. Make a video and prove it.

I bet that nobody can beat this game under 2 hours.

MrV
12-17-2003, 12:41 PM
Well i only ever really play the story mode in Co-op, its much more fun, and it actually makes the game alot easier, and you can complete it alot faster

Hard Boiled Cop
12-17-2003, 02:15 PM
Play it on co op and you're bound to complete it in less than an hour. That is if you're playing it on easy.

BunnyRabbit
12-17-2003, 02:18 PM
Ok... I have never timed myself, but I can bet I could set an awesome time...worthy of worlds top times or some shiz.. I swear I know EVERY...Every Shortcut... and I use them to their best.I can beat the silent cartographer in less than 10 mins..I can beat the Halo in probable 10 or 15... I can get through the first snow level in 8-10...Wait... 10 levels at like 10 minutes a piece...1 hour is impossible...What the heck?

Anyway, my guess is on easy I beat it in 2 and a half hours and on Legendary 4 or 5 hours...But thats because I dont play as if im being timed...Maybe I will some day...:p

mastar
12-17-2003, 06:05 PM
all i know is that my timw would be long. in the upper 6 lvls with the flood i just sit in a safe spot and wait for the flood and elites to kill each other and the flood usually win so i run like hell and try not to get killed:)

E Nomini Patri
12-17-2003, 06:54 PM
OK, this thread is lame now.

You guys really should come up with some valid evidence to prove your claims (which I know you can't/won't do).

So just let this thread die.

Gosby
12-17-2003, 06:56 PM
I bet it on Legendary 4h 15 min

cutthroat
12-17-2003, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DocHoliday78
My brothers friend beat it with his friend (give me a break) on Legendary in 5 hours. I personally dont care how long it takes me to beat games. I like to savor every moment. [/QUOTE

My first time it took me 2 hours to beat the second level.

No Fear 23
12-17-2003, 08:44 PM
too many bs going on here. i can beat this game on easy in 4 hours.

AntiSOBMachine
12-18-2003, 07:59 AM
I think that dude who said he beat the game in 1hr 30min was talking about the last level not the whole game. I timed myself on easy the first 4 levels took 1hr and 34 min and that was with running and gunning, I think that guy was badly confused.;)

ShadowWolf
12-18-2003, 02:26 PM
I can beat the game in like 4 hours on easy with my controller settings, and the last level i can beat in about 20 mins, i think (on easy). I never time myself when i play :p

MrV
12-18-2003, 02:41 PM
WTF! the last level alone takes 40 mins +, as do some of the other levels, what are you on about it can be done in 1hr :cuss: ...

BunnyRabbit
12-18-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by MrV
WTF! the last level alone takes 40 mins +, as do some of the other levels, what are you on about it can be done in 1hr :cuss: ...

Im going to beat that whole game over winter break... I can beat the game quick and I know that...Personally the last level takes me 10 minutes...I know thats fast...but I dont even interact with the enemy...maybe its 15 ill let you know...

Anyway, uhm there is no way to prove you beat it in some kind of time...Maybe Ill record 3 hours of me playing the game for proof and you can spend all day DOWNLOADING IT!!!!!!!!!:cuss:

lol

ShannonX
12-18-2003, 09:18 PM
i'm tempted to play and record my game somehow, just gotta figure out how

i've beat the game on easy in about 4 1/2 - 5 hours, give or take. There are a few shortcuts, you can do some falls and skip out on parts of the game, etc...

mastar
12-18-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit

Im going to beat that whole game over winter break... I can beat the game quick and I know that...Personally the last level takes me 10 minutes...I know thats fast...but I dont even interact with the enemy...maybe its 15 ill let you know...

Anyway, uhm there is no way to prove you beat it in some kind of time...Maybe Ill record 3 hours of me playing the game for proof and you can spend all day DOWNLOADING IT!!!!!!!!!:cuss:

lol

Crikee man 10-15 mins sometimes i just run like hell through levels but on the last one when i was playing in legendary took me like 2 hours cuz of all the monitors crap flying around and flood flying all over the place. and also it was the first time i faced hunters in legendary so that added about half an hour to my time. but maybe 1 day i'll just kamakazi through the entire level.. someday.:cheers:

l Maximus l
12-18-2003, 11:02 PM
It probably took me 15 hours on Legendary. Maybe longer...I didn't take any shortcuts and killed every damn grunt, elite, flood....and hell...I think I even killed my own buddies :D

Beware The D.D.C. and Halo 2. It's going to be ugly.