PDA

View Full Version : Why does Gamecube suck so much?

Scraps
12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
its obvious that gamecube sucks when they have to lower prices alll the way down to $99 to sell thier over-stocked product.

i mean, zelda and Metroid are hot games for the cube, but thats all it has that i'd be interested in.

by the way, the thing has a handle, so it can be carried around like a purse and has a game called super monkey's balls. I mean, i would like to play with monkey's balls, but gamecube is the homosexual one here, not me :D

Professor Kaos
12-15-2003, 03:55 PM
1. IMO gamecube doesnt suck, it's games are just aimed at a different demographic(sp?)
2. It has the handle so it is portable (not ment to be held like a purse. Besides purses open on top not out the side)
3.It's Super Monkey Ball <----notice no "S"
4. Just because this is an xbox site doesnt mean that everyone hates other systems.

LTM360
12-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Playya
1. IMO gamecube doesnt suck, it's games are just aimed at a different demographic(sp?)
2. It has the handle so it is portable (not ment to be held like a purse. Besides purses open on top not out the side)
3.It's Super Monkey Ball &lt;----notice no &quot;S&quot;
4. Just because this is an xbox site doesnt mean that everyone hates other systems.

Well said :D.
You also forgot to mention
5.Eternal Darkness is one of the best games ever made.

HellHawk
12-15-2003, 03:58 PM
Doesnt suck, just doesnt compare. When you got xbox live, halo, rainbow six 3, it knocks the competition dead!

LiquidX
12-15-2003, 04:29 PM
Wait wait wait... you would like to play with monkey balls? What a fruit... j/k

Anyways... GC is an OK system. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean other people dont. There is a need for kids systems out there man. Personally I would never buy one but whatever...

HellHawk
12-15-2003, 04:32 PM
a little bit more than a game, might be worth buying!

jelgiad
12-15-2003, 04:38 PM
I dont find its a bad system. Sure there are a lot of kiddie games on it, but there some cool games worth playing. I bought mine mainly for metroid and zelda (those are the only two games i have at the moment), but there are some other games that i plan on picking up once i have the money and the time to play them. Such games include Super Smash Brothrs Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Party, the Resident Evil re-makes

Trento52
12-15-2003, 04:45 PM
Actually i am trading in my gameboy sp because i am bored of it and it's medicore overpriced games. I am planning on getting a used or cheap gamecube with store credit or something.

Games i would get that catch my eye are

F Zero GX(I love futuristic racers)
go go hypergrind(love the cell shaded and looks like JSRF)
metroid prime(looks really good)
mario kart double dash(looks fun addictive and i loved it on 64)

I hear veiwtful joe is f**king hard to i will stay away
That is all i can think of...

CMX Jedi
12-15-2003, 04:46 PM
it dosent suck! its just misunderstood.
its just geared tward younger audences.
xbox and ***station 2 (PS2) are geared tward audences that are older. i acualy like the GC. SO WHAT!?!?! i like mario,zelda and other games like that.

SniperPete
12-15-2003, 04:59 PM
LOL i seriously dislike gamecube

BORNGD
12-15-2003, 05:09 PM
its just the lack of games...they have a very small library...they do have great games, but at the same time this system has to be your 2nd system in the house as the lack of games kill it. need more 3rd party support

mmichael0
12-15-2003, 05:14 PM
IMHO, the Game Cube is a very good console.
It has some great games for it, like Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Mario Kart DD, Super Monkey Ball, Ikaruga, F-Zero GX, Sega Soccer Slam, Doshin The Giant, Beach Spikers Volleyball, etc, etc.

jelgiad
12-15-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by mmichael0
IMHO, the Game Cube is a very good console.
It has some great games for it, like Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Mario Kart DD, Super Monkey Ball, Ikaruga, F-Zero GX, Sega Soccer Slam, Doshin The Giant, Beach Spikers Volleyball, etc, etc.

How is Ikaruga? I have heard from a number of people that it is a good game, but no one has it to rent, and i dont want to buy a game without ever playing it.

monster1234
12-15-2003, 05:22 PM
I'd rather have a gamecube than a ps2.

mmichael0
12-15-2003, 05:36 PM
Here a link to Ikaruga site (http://www.ikaruga-atari.net/en/)

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/ikaruga_040903_gcn_in02.jpg (http://cube.ign.com/articles/393/393040p1.html)
Enter Treasure, a company known for not exactly going by the book in terms of design and art direction -- just look at some of its past products like Rakugaku Showtime or Stretch Panic if you don't believe us. Its latest game, Ikaruga, is a combination of Radiant Silvergun with gameplay ripped from Silhouette Mirage.

You will find a lot more about this game, if you click on the screen shot :D
This game was also in the Arcades & on the Dreamcast in Japan.

mitch2025
12-15-2003, 06:35 PM
i might be getting a GC for xmas maily cos it has alot of good games like mario, and Zelda, wrestlemania XIX, supper smash bros, mario cart DD just to name a few. plus it is only 99 and comes with 4 zelda games!

JonTheCanuck
12-15-2003, 06:51 PM
hmm i dont think gc sux, just hasn't really got any good games on it, as its mostly aimed towards kids. But i was contimplating getting one when the price drops next. Its almost the price of a game here haha. I basically just want it for resident evil. Enjoyed it on *cough*playstation*cough so ya.

Nameless
12-15-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Scraps
Why does Gamecube suck so much?
Why are idiots like you permitted to speak? About you wanting to play with monkey balls, yes I'm pretty sure thats makes you not only a homosexual but also a beastiality fan, sicko. I also doubt that a gaming system can be homosexual.

Trento52
12-15-2003, 07:30 PM
I am not planning on getting a gamecube after all. All my summer money is gone and there is no work around here so to afford games i need cash which i am short of so another system would be too much and too expensive to get more games for. I am gonna spend that money on doom 3, fable, the suffering, sonic heros and maybe B.C. or half life 2.

MikeMan91389
12-15-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Playya
3.It's Super Monkey Ball &lt;----notice no &quot;S&quot;

D00D that was perfect... I was gonna write that, saw your post, and decided to do this.

That is perfectly right. I dont like gamecube much either. But im not against it. Its aimed at Family and Kids. I like the Idea, but most kids dont have a lot of money, and most dads dont play video games, so they naturally have a tougher market. Ps2 balances that and maturer games too. XBOX, for the majority is targeted at older kids... Not all games, but lots!

Brevity
12-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Man alive I love my GC. I have played the hell out of all the big titles for it and the mario parties have been the only games my Wife will play with me. We have ppl up even now playing this game. I cant wait for many of the new GC games that are comming out, like Crystal Cronicals, the new Metroid, ect.. Anyway IMO the cube is great.

Trento52
12-15-2003, 10:18 PM
no offence but there doesn't seam to be much in the cubes future other then the absolute huge games like metroid 2, some zelda game. Then there are pikman 2, and metal gear solid. Xbox has huge games like halo2, half life 2, fable, ninja gaiden. Then there are full spectrum warrior, doom 3, b.c., rally sport challenge 2, star wars knights of the old republic, jade empire etc. maybe there are more anticipated games then that for gamecube but in mags and websites i don't see any.

StudioAlex
12-16-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Scraps
its obvious that gamecube sucks when they have to lower prices alll the way down to $99 to sell thier over-stocked product.

i mean, zelda and Metroid are hot games for the cube, but thats all it has that i'd be interested in.

by the way, the thing has a handle, so it can be carried around like a purse and has a game called super monkey's balls. I mean, i would like to play with monkey's balls, but gamecube is the homosexual one here, not me :D

You know, if this kid came in here saying the same thing about the Xbox, this thread would already be closed.

Anyway, you're only missing out if you write off a system because it comes with a handle, but you're just a kid and you're parents didn't buy you a GC so therefore you hate it. By the way, Super Monkey Balls is a great game that I wish was on the Xbox so I could play its minigames online.

RagunCajun
12-16-2003, 02:42 AM
Why wouldnt the game cube lower its prices. It always was about $50 lower than xbox and ps2. Starting a hate thread is wrong. but hey, good time.

I am thinking about getting a game cube. Anybody has some advice for some games to get if i get it. Only games i am thinking about is the resident evil games. I am currently trying to beat code varonica X for my ps2. How come in RE titles there is never enough damn ammo. WTF im supose to do, fight em with a knife.