PDA

View Full Version : Galleon Rights Sold

Brevity
12-15-2003, 06:11 PM
Interplay Entertainment has sold all rights to Galleon: Islands of Mystery to SCi Games Ltd., an affiliate of SCi Entertainment Group of London. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Today's announcement is an interesting turn of events considering the company's November financial results (which were not exactly flattering to the company) and its recent closure of its Black Isle Studio role-playing division.. The company's CEO, Herve Caen said that the game property no longer fit in the company's line-up and that it is facing critical decisions about its future. Interplay also said that it is streamlining its development resources, product line-up and its future strategy. Could this mean the sale of more Interplay properties? Could be. Stay tuned.

Source @ gamespydaily

Dear God, this game has been one of the biggest failures ever and it still has yet to be put on a shelf for sale. I mean I recall seeing previews of this game when the xbox first came out. Tehe. For real this is much to do over a game that has not "yet" sounded worth even a rent. A week or two back it was announced that it was still on the block for being put out, then it got a publisher I think and now this. lol Its like they spent to much time to just scrap it or something, but this sounds like one dead horse.