PDA

View Full Version : Here's a funny question for Xbox gamers!

ace_man
12-15-2003, 06:17 PM
Which company should Microsoft buy next? Squaresoft? Vivendi? ...dare I say....BIOWARE?! What about LucasArts (hey, M-Soft has the money - anything's possible!)...that way Star Wars could be exclusive to Xbox. Whatt about id (the makers of Doom3)?

What do you think?

crucialcreation
12-15-2003, 06:19 PM
i think that they should buy bungie if they don't own it already :). maybe ubisoft.

monster1234
12-15-2003, 06:43 PM
Microsoft should buy no one else.

DocHoliday78
12-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by monster1234
Microsoft should buy no one else. Why is that? I would love to see another huge company come join us. The more the better imo. It would just mean more benefits like xbox only titles and actuall use of the xbox hardware.

JonTheCanuck
12-15-2003, 06:58 PM
i dont wanna see microsoft buy anybody else. I dont like how microsoft does things. They're already making a monopoly. Considering what they're already doing with the new windows operating system "longhorn" i think they've got enough power as it is.

HellHawk
12-15-2003, 07:05 PM
Ubi...and one other one u said, too old to remember, but too young to care!

Nameless
12-15-2003, 07:10 PM
That question wasn't funny at all...

Anyway I'd rather Microsoft not have a monopoly of game developers.

Trento52
12-15-2003, 10:22 PM
I want microsoft to buy smilebit and sega when it was for sale because i really don't like EA. They are the monopoly. Does anyone know about the buying out of smilebit.

Cryogenic Pyro
12-15-2003, 11:18 PM
I would rather have game developers develop games for the Xbox then have a giant monopoly. Monopolies suck.

skorp
12-16-2003, 12:04 AM
I agree... Just keep those quality games coming...

Maybe Xbox will have their own FF type RPG... Since Micrsoft hired Yoshihiro Maruyama, former senior vice president and COO of Squaresoft as the new general manager of its Xbox division in Japan. They could start a new RPG franchise exclusively for the Xbox only... It should lure in more RPG gamers...

StudioAlex
12-16-2003, 12:24 AM
I should point out that there is a world of difference between developers and publishers. Micosoft may continue to "buy" developers but I doubt you'll see them absorb publishers like Ubisoft and Vivendi. Frankly, it wouldn't be worth the hassle for 99 percent of the prospects out there.

Sexaya
12-16-2003, 02:47 AM
For an investment I'd go with either Bioware or Rockstar, but like said before I wouldn't want to see the Xbox/Microsoft become a monoply over the gaming world as well.

Reclaimer
12-16-2003, 06:39 AM
I don't want to see MS pick up other companies completely either. But, I would like to see them help Sega along.

Voodoo_Vince
12-16-2003, 03:45 PM
Why does everyone Dump on Microsoft, they are only doing what EVERY other company is doing , only 7 companies own 90% of the worlds Media, Including Televison,Books,Magazines,Movies,Newspapers, and the auto industry is the same, so what if MS has a Monoply, stop using it if you don't like it , heres a link on the seven Companies that own the Media , and SONY is among them ,

Media Monopoly (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/cool/giants/)

LTM360
12-16-2003, 03:48 PM
I think they should buy Square-Enix. But that's just me.

DocHoliday78
12-16-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo_Vince
Why does everyone Dump on Microsoft, they are only doing what EVERY other company is doing , only 7 companies own 90% of the worlds Media, Including Televison,Books,Magazines,Movies,Newspapers, and the auto industry is the same, so what if MS has a Monoply, stop using it if you don't like it , heres a link on the seven Companies that own the Media , and SONY is among them ,

Media Monopoly (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/cool/giants/)

Where the heck is microsoft on that list?

kenji
12-16-2003, 04:42 PM
Yes, if Microsoft did monopoly the market, then they would have to split again, and that would suck because their might be 2 different consoles. I think that they should get all the great developers away from Sony, but anything is possible.

MikeMan91389
12-16-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by skorp
I agree... Just keep those quality games coming...

Maybe Xbox will have their own FF type RPG... Since Micrsoft hired Yoshihiro Maruyama, former senior vice president and COO of Squaresoft as the new general manager of its Xbox division in Japan. They could start a new RPG franchise exclusively for the Xbox only... It should lure in more RPG gamers...

That would be cool. Thats a dang good idea. I don't even like RPGs and I like the idea.... Good Work...

AND

Originally posted by kenji
I think that they should get all the great developers away from Sony
Why do we want PS2 to fail???? It's a great system, and Im sure the PS2ers are goin... "Sony should buy Bungie, so we can have HALO"(not that that would happen)"We should buy out all the great XBOX companies" and "XBOX sucks" "and stuff like that too.... but cant we just meet an agreement, and let the systems do the talking, instead of the players... Or is this a war that is meant to be and i am missing somethin????

***I AM NOT A PS2 FANBOY :)

LTM360
12-16-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389

Why do we want PS2 to fail???? It's a great system...

k, That is incorrect. PS2 is a terrible system, It just has kick ass games to back it up. PS2s quality and features and execution of those few features make it IMO one of the worst consoles ever made. (The worst DVD player ever) Look, call me a fanboy, but hey, I like most systems made (except PS2 and Saturn). So...I don't see how I can be a fanboy just for disliking two systems made by 2 different companies.

George89
12-16-2003, 07:01 PM
I would say some of the top ones, like Ubisoft or Rockstar.

ScottTheKilla
12-16-2003, 08:17 PM
Im not exactly sure how the topic is funny but it would be a huge huge thing if MS ever bought out EA after all thats gone on between ms and ea....

It would never happen though.

cutthroat
12-17-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

I agree

BinaryXtreme
12-17-2003, 06:59 PM
Starbucks.

Voodoo_Vince
12-17-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

The only MEDIA that microsoft owns Msnbc,Msn,and Xbox with Ultimate TV coming soon maybe, but compared to the other seven they don't even compare, BUT on the other side of the coin they own run and operate the Computing world , My point was that ALL big buisness have monopoly's and MS gets crap and no one else , its just silly

Shadow20002
12-17-2003, 11:17 PM
Ubisoft...cause the shadow (Splinter Cell) always is my choice. ;)