PDA

View Full Version : Music Mixer Problem

Smudge2626
12-15-2003, 06:41 PM
Recently i bought the XBox music mixer, thinking i would be able to transfer songs right to my xbox. However, after I open it up I find out that the only operating sytem it supports is Windows XP. Is there any way to get the program to work on Windows 2000 so i can use the music mixer PC tool without paying for a brand new OS?

MikeMan91389
12-15-2003, 07:25 PM
Nope, there is no way that i no of. I too, am a little bummed. I put it on my XMAS list. I think my mom bought it for me.. I dont have XP on the comp with all my music and pics... oh well.. Ill try to take it back to walmart for store credit!

mordecai
12-15-2003, 08:44 PM
I'm so angry at microsoft for that. I use to have XP but I got ride of it because it will slow your computer down a lot, now I"m back to 98se. I thought about buying the music mixer untill I read on the review that it only supports Xp. What a bummer.

Heavens Gate
12-16-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by mordecai
I'm so angry at microsoft for that. I use to have XP but I got ride of it because it will slow your computer down a lot, now I"m back to 98se. I thought about buying the music mixer untill I read on the review that it only supports Xp. What a bummer.

I have XP and it's not slowing down my computer. They should have posted that somewhere on the box like they do computer software. You should have no problem taking it back.

mordecai
12-22-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate

I have XP and it's not slowing down my computer. They should have posted that somewhere on the box like they do computer software. You should have no problem taking it back.

Very few stores will return a CD/DVD because you may have copied it. The only thing most stores will do is exchange for another copy of the game but that wont solve his problem. Sometimes you have to do some research before purchasing something.

Cryogenic Pyro
12-22-2003, 12:34 AM
I have XP and it doesn't slow down my computer either. You just have to disable themes, and disable uneeded services, and it will run like 98.

Even with themes and uneeded services, it still doesn't slow it down a whole lot, unless you have an older computer, like mine.