PDA

View Full Version : Is True Crime worth it? Deus Ex?

oldi1knoby
12-15-2003, 07:16 PM
I saw some people saying both of these games were really short? Are they worth the money?

Sigma
12-15-2003, 07:40 PM
Have yet to play Deus-Ex 2, but I have played True Crime and I thought it sucked. I suggest renting both and making your decisson True Crime is one of those games that you will either love or hate though. IMO it is a shameless GTA rip-off with a lame fighting and gunplay gimmick attached. If it was pulled off right the game would have truely kicked ass, but everything seemed flawed. Again that is my opinion of the game give them both a rent and see what you like.

bretman1234
12-15-2003, 07:55 PM
I liked true crime, but I guess it all depends on your personal preference. I am looking to unload it, since I did beat it, and yes, it is oddly short. But there are 6 different endings, so you could play it 6 different ways. So don't underestimate this game, it is a quality game. I really want Deus Ex though, like REALLY bad!

RichVGS
12-15-2003, 08:03 PM
I heard the frame rate on Deus-Ex is freaking terrible. Rent both, buy non.

No Fear 23
12-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by TheVertigoEdge
I heard the frame rate on Deus-Ex is freaking terrible. Rent both, buy non.

yea, renting it first is the best thing to do.

oldi1knoby
12-15-2003, 08:54 PM
hehe, Tottally forgot I could rent games. I haven't had a console in years.. been PC gaming for the longest time. Getting X-Box for christmas... Any games you guys can Reccomend?

Gosby
12-15-2003, 09:17 PM
dx for sure