PDA

View Full Version : microsoft's mistake

crimson tide
12-16-2003, 02:15 PM
i really dont understand microsoft. they give me the impression that they dont want to push the x box some times. they release a crappy bundle over here and give the japanese the bundle we want but they dont. i mean come on we should have gotten a halo-brute force or halo-mechassault bundle ant the japanese should have got a doa-doaxbv bundle. and then msoft lets all the big name games get delayed. why even hype up these games for the holidays if ou know they are not ready. plus msoft still hasnt worked out a deal with EA. sonny is kicking msofts a## when it comes to online game sell and games. just give EA what they want so they can help out live. and last but not least not getting japanese suport. i know a lot of you dont care for jap games but i do and i am not the only x box fan that does. plus this is why the japanese wont buy the x box and msoft does need japan to be sucessful. end of rant

g-w-soupnazi
12-16-2003, 02:36 PM
ya i hate my bundle... tetris and SW... its stupid. Japan dont hardly even like XBOX. Oh well.

LiquidX
12-16-2003, 02:39 PM
You know the reason they gave them the good bundle was to encourage sales right? And guess what, IT DID! And how do you know what the Japanese want? Just be grateful they are even offering a bundle. I remember back in the day when Xbox's didnt come with games... darn whipersnappers whining about free games...

jelgiad
12-16-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX
You know the reason they gave them the good bundle was to encourage sales right? And guess what, IT DID! And how do you know what the Japanese want? Just be grateful they are even offering a bundle. I remember back in the day when Xbox's didnt come with games... darn whipersnappers whining about free games...

Yeah, preach it man. When i bought my xbox, it only came with the box and the big controller. I had to buy my s-type and my first game (halo) seperately. And i had to walk barefoot, in the snow, uphill both, both ways in order to get it. :D

crimson tide
12-16-2003, 02:50 PM
since halo and pgr put together dint sell as well as doa3 or doaxbv i put 2 and 2 together and figured out that doa3 and doaxbv are the biggest selling x box games over there (both selling over 100,000 copies) so they would buy a bundle with games they want. and the increase in sells wasnt very big and there is always an increase this time of year.

p.s. i bought my x box at launch with no bundle and no price cuts did you.

MikeMan91389
12-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Wow, be greatful for the 2 months of free xbl, the two xbl games, tho they arent the greatest.. And also: we gave Japan the good bundle, so they would think its a good deal and want to buy it.... Ur so selfish! Its for the good of the XBOX... so get of ur lazy ass and get a job so u can buy them :)

ScottTheKilla
12-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by crimson tide
i really dont understand microsoft. they give me the impression that they dont want to push the x box some times. they release a crappy bundle over here and give the japanese the bundle we want but they dont. i mean come on we should have gotten a halo-brute force or halo-mechassault bundle ant the japanese should have got a doa-doaxbv bundle. and then msoft lets all the big name games get delayed. why even hype up these games for the holidays if ou know they are not ready. plus msoft still hasnt worked out a deal with EA. sonny is kicking msofts a## when it comes to online game sell and games. just give EA what they want so they can help out live. and last but not least not getting japanese suport. i know a lot of you dont care for jap games but i do and i am not the only x box fan that does. plus this is why the japanese wont buy the x box and msoft does need japan to be sucessful. end of rant

What big name games were delayed that they hyped up?

crucialcreation
12-16-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX

yea liquid i agree but i think that even though it increases sales they might as well sell it in the US because the more sales the merrier.

Originally posted by ScottTheKilla
What big name games were delayed that they hyped up?

well i know ninja gaiden for one...

HellHawk
12-16-2003, 08:58 PM
yea, thats true! I wish we would have had an xbox live bundle, not the 2 month trial, a WHOLE YEAR, WITH STARTER KIT!...AND HALO....AND HALO 2....AND FABLE......AND TRUE FANTASY LIVE ONLINE...AND...THE CONTROLLER C, THE CHROME ONE THAT THEY JUST MADE......well, im out of my fantasy world.....i camped in line for xbox.

crimson tide
12-16-2003, 10:31 PM
i am just trying to say that microsoft should give each regien the games that have the best chance of selling well. it is a fact the out of all the x box games in japan doa3 and doaxbv are the top 2 games so why not bundle them. and over here halo is the best selling x box game ever. the only place it sold bad was japan. so why not bundle it over here where people like the game.

Nameless
12-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by crimson tide
and then msoft lets all the big name games get delayed.
You're right! Its so stupid of Micrsoft to allow developers to take their time and make the game as good as it could possibly be!
:rolleyes:

crimson tide
12-16-2003, 11:24 PM
yes it is stupid to set a release date that you know you cant meet ******* off fans of the. why are there even release dates anyway why not just say it will be done when it is done that way when the game gets pushed back nobody gets disapointed.

Reclaimer
12-17-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by jelgiad

Yeah, preach it man. When i bought my xbox, it only came with the box and the big controller. I had to buy my s-type and my first game (halo) seperately. And i had to walk barefoot, in the snow, uphill both, both ways in order to get it. :D

You too huh? Except the S Type didn't come out until a little while after I got mine. No games, no extra controllers. I dropped mad cash for Halo, PGR, and 3 Duke Controllers all at once.

Personally I think that release dates where set in attempt to actually come out that date. But unforseen problems prevent it.
Would you want a half ass Halo2? Half assed version of Ninja Gaiden? Or even Fable? If they push it back, then they know they have problems that must be worked out. Honestly, now that I think about it, if a game comes out exactly on time, they rushed to get it out the door. Look at Raw2. There is potiential to be a great game. Well, it still is.. except you can tell they rushed to get it out when you see some of the flagrant mistakes in the game's programming.
Let them take the time needed. It'll be worth the wait.

lordsoftherealm
12-17-2003, 01:13 AM
just wanted to know about XBOX live pricing???
is it per month?
6 months?
1 year?

thanks!!!:cheers:

X-Fan
12-17-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by lordsoftherealm
is it per month?
6 months?
1 year?
its 70 bux for a year.and it comes with game demos and a communicator.its an amazing xperience and highly recommended.

Salmonaitor
12-17-2003, 04:00 PM
I've said this in a post before, but I'll say it again, just to rub it in a little more. In Canada, there was, for about 3 or 4 months, a Halo and Amped bundle. That's when I got my Xbox. Amped turned out to be a pretty good game too. It's times like this when I'm especially proud to be Canadian...sniff...sniff. Oh, also, Mazda Canada is giving an Xbox away with the purchase of a new car for the month of December. Xbox is great, but that might get a little expensive...$30,000 for an Xbox? LOL!

ScottTheKilla
12-17-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by lordsoftherealm
is it per month?
6 months?
1 year?

Ok version 3 is $70 BUT its not $70 for a year. The actual xbox live fee is $50 for a year but if you look around you can even get the version 1 and 2 starter kits from $29-$49 but the first time you renew it will be the standard $49. Of course they come with crappier demos and no full version of mechassault. You can also pay monthly for like $5 or something.