PDA

View Full Version : would you sacrafice features for price

crimson tide
12-16-2003, 02:23 PM
i have been thinking about what microsoft may do with the next box. we all know that microsoft loses about 150 to 200 dollars for each x box sold. they are just toexpensive to make because of the features and it being simalar to a pc in archtecture (i hope i spelled that righr). and i am sure that micosoft wants to make money next gen. one way to do that is be like nintendo this gen and have no features and use home grown tech. i would bet it would save microsoft a boat load if they dint have to put a dvd plaer and hard drive in the x box it would also allow them to make the next box smaller. so would you be willing to buy the next box for games alone or do you feel that new consoles need features to separate them from the rest.

LiquidX
12-16-2003, 02:27 PM
They could get rid of DVD play back... i already got a BETTER DVD player. But the HD should stay. It has spoiled me. Any new systems should have a HD... it better become an industry standard.

jelgiad
12-16-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX
They could get rid of DVD play back... i already got a BETTER DVD player. But the HD should stay. It has spoiled me. Any new systems should have a HD... it better become an industry standard.

I agree, i dont need to be able to watch movies on it. What i dont want, though, is to have to go back to having 10 memory cards to hold all my games.

crimson tide
12-16-2003, 02:41 PM
ok keep the hard drive but get rid of every thing else. i wolud still buy it because i dont really use any of the features it has. and if it ment that microsoft could sell me a smaller cheaper x box with good games and good graphics plus good sound with online for you people on live and still make money we all win.

g-w-soupnazi
12-16-2003, 02:58 PM
i wouldn't buy it. i LOVE my xbox because it's features 9and games of course) but the features are awesome. I think it would be a m,istake to take away features.

Sodacider
12-16-2003, 03:20 PM
yah the box is our only dvd player save the one on my computer. definitely keep the features

the company is making money in game sales. the attach rate of games is just amazing.

BORNGD
12-16-2003, 03:26 PM
if they release the box before or on the day ps3 is released then they wont have to worry about losing money as sony's console will be priced high and they are promising features the xbox had...i dont think microsoft will lose much on the next system as long as they beat sony to the punch

Xbox Owner
12-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Keep the features,...a few of my friends refused to buy a gamecube because it didn't have a dvd player.

LynxFX
12-16-2003, 04:01 PM
DVD playback is a freebie so that didn't add price to the xbox. They sold the playback kit seperately (which is just a license fee to the MPAA anyway).

I think most of the features on the Xbox are requirements so nothing that you can take out that would make it cheaper.

Peepers
12-16-2003, 04:09 PM
By choosing an Xbox over a PC as my primary mode of gaming, I've already sacrificed features for price. But I don't want to sacrifice anymore. I want more features, even at a significantly higher price.

Guy's don't worry about the Xbox's current features. They're here to stay in the next incarnation. DVD playback, Hard Drives, HDTV support--all of it. There's no way they're going to step backward. The question is how many steps forward they'll take.

DocHoliday78
12-16-2003, 04:10 PM
Nah, i wouldnt want anything gone. The xbox is perfect imo, Microsoft just needs to release the xbox2 before or right after ps3.

MikeMan91389
12-16-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
Nah, i wouldnt want anything gone. The xbox is perfect imo, Microsoft just needs to release the xbox2 before or right after ps3.

The XBOX could be a bit smaller. but other than that i like it... I like the shape of the PS2 though. Do you think XB2 will be here before PS2?

kenji
12-16-2003, 04:50 PM
They should keep all of their features because it is what defined the Xbox over the other consoles. I will still buy it if the price was kinda high, but no greater than $400. Hopefully it will stay in the $300 range.

CMX Jedi
12-16-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by crimson tide
ok keep the hard drive but get rid of every thing else. i wolud still buy it because i dont really use any of the features it has. and if it ment that microsoft could sell me a smaller cheaper x box with good games and good graphics plus good sound with online for you people on live and still make money we all win.

you dont like the online play :eek:
keep everything i use it for my dvd player (in my room) and cd player and other stuff

shuldent this be a poll??

sk8n8me
12-16-2003, 05:45 PM
No way I can understand taking out the dvd player but if its not back compatable and it doesnt have a hd im not buying it for however amount of money PS has alot of loyal fans because of back compatible and MS needs that to keep us going for them. But i probably will get xbox next at release.:argue1: