PDA

View Full Version : Halo control question...

Regnad
01-02-2002, 05:20 PM
I'm completely new to consoles...

I am renting Halo and have no paperwork. Is there a guide to what the gamepad controls do? I have noted what the game tells me from time to time and that is helpful.

Specifically, how do I place a grenade. I keep picking these things up but only 4 show as available and those are to throw. Can I place them? Is there a general inventory of objects and devices that can be used?

Please direct me someplace that can help me with this...

Thanks.

XBOX Dude
01-02-2002, 05:32 PM
alright off the top of my head, left trigger is gernade right gun, left joystick is like forward motion or backwards what ever when you push right joystick is moving you head around and you can also steer with the cause were ever he's lookin that's were he goes, a is jump y is switrch weapons x picks up weapons you can only hold two at a time i think b is pucnh but i'm a little fuzzy cause the controller needs to be in my hand to remember. as about the gernades you can't really set them down but they do throw pretty good also regular gernades bounce alien gernade don't really bounce as much and sorry four gernades is what you got and there is no general inventory, and also the white button i think turns your flashlight on either that or black any how i'm sure fellow halo players will fill my blanks

Frostberg
01-02-2002, 05:40 PM
Well if you want to know what the controlls are you should go to settings on the main menu->select your character->controller setup->button settings. That will tell ya all of the buttons and thumbstick settings will tell ya what the thumbsticks do..you should always ask for the instruction booklets when renting a game...I dont see why they dont give it to you when you rent it anymore...makes no sense to me, it should be like in the day where if you lost it you had to pay like $5 or something...

BTW, you can only "place" plasma grenades (they are sticky and will stick to anything, including enemies) and black is to switch between fragmentation and plasma grenades

Regnad
01-02-2002, 05:41 PM
Hey thanks...

So there are 2 types of grenades? How do you choose which to use? It looks like there are "frag" grenades and "plasma" grenades, right?

Thanks again for any advice...

Frostberg
01-02-2002, 05:43 PM
lol I did my quick edit before I knew you asked that question!

XBOX Dude
01-02-2002, 05:44 PM
well the only way you can choose is by deciding which one to pick up i think human gernades are more powerful but not by much and alien gernades will stick to an enemy if you hit them

Snoopy7548
01-02-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
well the only way you can choose is by deciding which one to pick up i think human gernades are more powerful but not by much and alien gernades will stick to an enemy if you hit them

no its not, you can pick up both kinds. press i think its the black button or white one to select between both kinds

Whisper
01-02-2002, 06:25 PM
Pay 5$ every time you lose the booklet? Hell man... way more strict where I go sometimes... a place called GameXPerts, when you sign up you have to sign a form, if you lose the book you buy the whole game...

luckily I goto blockbuster 99.9% of the time, where they dont even notice if a book is gone