PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever get wierd noises?

bigcheat
12-17-2003, 02:01 AM
My xbox is only around 2 months old and from time to time it will start making a wierd noise. Its not on start up or anything just at random times it will start doing it. Sometimes it last for a few mins and quits others it just keeps doing it. I know this will sound wierd but I do know one time playing halo on XBC it would make a noise and wouldnt stop till I picked up a weapon or camo, it wasnt in the game either.....it was the actual xbox, so I thought that was really wierd. Id pick up a weapon and it would go away.....a few mins later it would come back, id pick up a weapon and it would go away. I was a Nintendo loyalist before i decided to pick up a box so im really hoping that its not going bad on me only after having it 2 months........so I was just curious if anyone else has the time to time wierd noises?

Cryogenic Pyro
12-17-2003, 07:43 AM
You shouldn't be worried. My Xbox makes noises from time to time, and it still works fine after having it for almost a year. I haven't had one major problem yet.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-17-2003, 09:23 AM
My xbox broke down once so I had to buy a new one. I was trying to pry it open, trying to figure out how to fix it. I later on found out that it had the old version of the Thompson hard drive.

AntiSOBMachine
12-17-2003, 09:38 AM
Yea my Hard drive fried, lost all my morrowind data:( , my dad said one of the arms in the hard drive lost its trueness. Hes an electrician or sumthin he said the sayin "trueness" was meaning that that part stopped moving correctly sorta like rusty bearings w/ no wd-40, He said there is a way to get my data off the harddisk though.But he hasnt goten around to it yet.:cry:

bigcheat
12-17-2003, 02:16 PM
Well I feel alittle stupid now, after posting the thread I started playing xbc again and the noises started again. So I decided I was alteast going to find out what general area the sound was coming from, so I get down there and realize in about 4 seconds its not the xbox at all. I have my n64 sitting on top of it and it looks like if things are just right it starts to vibrate and causes the noise. So I'm happy now :) but that still doesnt explain the noises I had the one time when playing halo on xbc but oh well, that was only once.......thanks for the input guys

g-w-soupnazi
12-17-2003, 04:00 PM
my xbox constantly makes noises. i wouldn't be worried unless it makes a loud xclicking noise. My buddy Lonnard's did that and he ended up needing a new HD.

BunnyRabbit
12-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Yeah if you hit the top button and then hit the off button really fast it makes a beep noise.. If you time it right it will be real long and go beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep...But I doubt its good for your box. So..Uhmm besides that my box sometimes make noises as if it has trouble reading the disc... I just need to buy a lens cleaner and I should be dandy.