PDA

View Full Version : EA talking Live

Hard Boiled Cop
12-17-2003, 06:32 AM
It looks like EA and Microsoft are ready to kiss and make up over the xbox's online service. Previously unprepared to develop for Xbox Live the third party-giant has started to reconsider its position. Already in talks with Microsoft, EA must have many reasons for changing its minds, but one of the principle factors must be that other third-party publishers have taken advantage of the xbox's online element. With Pro Evolution, Halo 2, and links 2004 planned for release in the coming year, all of which offer direct competition to some of EA's best selling titles, its easy to see why the company is finally talking to microsoft about Live.
I think it is brilliant but they should stop making crap games like the new Medal of Honour: Rising Sun.

wbio
12-17-2003, 07:20 AM
I hope they do make some online games. I really want to play NCAA Football 2005 on Live

RudedogX
12-17-2003, 08:33 AM
Until EA actually puts something out with Live, I won't believe a word they say. And with that, it's still too little too late.

Sigma
12-17-2003, 08:36 AM
It would be great if Battlefield 1942 got taken off the shelf and put back into development for the Xbox. It would make a great Live game.

dances with broom sticks
12-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Im with rude, Wont believe it till its on the shelf. Plus it is too little too late. We have made due without EA/Live now, I think the damage is done so to speak.

SmileBit
12-17-2003, 11:00 AM
Why dont people realize EA and MS have been in talks for the past 3 years? EA is Sony only people. DEAL!

RudedogX
12-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by SmileBit
Why dont people realize EA and MS have been in talks for the past 3 years? EA is Sony only people. DEAL! Exactly why I refuse to support them. Anything they put out, I refuse to buy. They're not worth my money or business.

jelgiad
12-17-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Exactly why I refuse to support them. Anything they put out, I refuse to buy. They're not worth my money or business.

I feel the same way....but i cant stay away from the lord of the rings games. I had to make that one exception. :D

treyz3
12-17-2003, 11:18 AM
If it wasn't for the fact that EA's college football game is the best out there, I wouldn't buy any EA games.

I'm hoping they get on the Live bandwagon, but I'm not holding my breath.

DocHoliday78
12-17-2003, 01:48 PM
I must admit i would like to play a little madden or ncaa on live. Maybe even some ssx3.