PDA

View Full Version : B.C - I'm officialy hyped!

Sexaya
12-17-2003, 07:10 AM
After reading the latest previews from GameSpot and watching the movies and trailers, I'm happy to say that B.C has been bumped up to my 3rd, competing with 2nd most hyped game. The potential of this game is enourmous, and the graphics are simply put... One of the most amazing I've seen. It's not exactly the textures or animation, it's just all the detail there's in everything! The draw distance seemed to be infinite, and you can see a big Dinosaur from miles away.

They say that everything you see in your draw distance you can walk to/use and interact with... Which to me is amazing, but I still can't know if its the truth. The gameplay is one of the most unique and interesting that I've seen, it involes strategy, puzzles, and most importantly a lot of action. The strategy is due to the fact that you'll have to manage your own tribe and at almost anytime you go on a mission you'll be with others from your tribe. (Reminds me of KotOR, which is definitely good). The puzzles are some missions that you'll have to solve, such as something blocking the path, a local dinosaur eating or destroying all your food etc.

The movies are... Stunning. I know this sounds like a commercial for the game, but I'm just so damn hyped@@#% Check it out: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/bc/index.html

AntiSOBMachine
12-17-2003, 10:07 AM
LOLOLOLOL that game is funny. The video i have of it shows a poor cave man being eaten by a T-rex.I like it its a keeper when ever i get my hands on it.LOL poor cave guy.:rofl:

Hard Boiled Cop
12-17-2003, 10:37 AM
It BC we're talking about here. Peter Molyneux? Heard of the name before? Fable? Geez of course its gonna be big. Everything you see there you will be able to go. This is a survival game. You're allowed to wonder around anywhere.

blackiee2002
12-17-2003, 10:56 AM
yeah it will be cool, you will be able to rear dinosaurs as pets how cool is that?

Shadow20002
12-17-2003, 01:21 PM
I just hope it will be out before Xbox 2. :p

mattgame
12-17-2003, 01:27 PM
It's nice but it won't come out until xbox2. I treat release dates like Santa Claus; some people believe in it but we all know they are not real.

thrAsher
12-17-2003, 01:56 PM
SANTA IS REAL, ******!! :cuss:

How come nobody mentioned the fact you can build... no, no, not build, design your own fences, buildings, cages for livestock, etc. I read an interview where the dev. team was having competitions to see who could design and build the coolest structures w/ the engine they had in place at the time. They were making castles, statues, and assorted stuff.

:cool:

Hard Boiled Cop
12-17-2003, 02:11 PM
Ok then you can chop trees down, carve stones. Now thats pretty cool.

Sexaya
12-17-2003, 02:21 PM
And all in due time apparantely... Nobody really knows until which era the game spreads to... Should be interesting to find out anyway. They say it'll be released at Q2 2004... Which means what, June? O_O

Well, if it'll be in time for summer break I'll be happy... I just hope it's not later than that :eek:

thrAsher
12-17-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Sexaya
They say it'll be released at Q2 2004... Which means what, June? O_O

Try Q3 2004, Sexaya. :( I know, I know, but that's the most recent date given, by creative director Joe Rider in a recent interview. So, maybe 2004, but could even be as late as Q1 2005 as it is a Lionhead product....

Source (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=99316)

Sexaya
12-17-2003, 02:40 PM
Finally, when do you expect to have the game finished?

Rider: BC will be available Q3 2004.

Holy crap, it might as well be Q2 2005. They say the game'll be FINISHED by Q3 2004, publishing usually takes another few good months. My hype has lowered drastically. Man, release dates suck. *sigh* I just hope this means we'll get a better game. Though honestly, I don't see what good it'll do, they really might as well release it for the XBox2, what the hell are they thinking? :huh:

thrAsher
12-17-2003, 02:48 PM
I feel your pain, man. Sometimes I wish I went about buying games like the good old days. . . . play 'em at a friends house and decide to go pick it up, or walk into the store, check out what's on the shelves, give a couple games a test drive, and then make a decision.

Nowadays, it's just too crazy. I've followed so many games this year for months and months before they came out (as we all do). Sometimes it affects how I feel about the game when I'm playing it, too. Like, I'll be let down because all that I've read and seen doesn't really translate into the experience. Or, more likely, the experience is watered down because I already know so much about the game before it's even on shelves....

I kinda wish developers would keep a lid on their projects until they were ready to go gold. Games that deserve the hype (like BC, Fable, Halo 2) would still sell well, if not better, if the time from announcing the title and delivery of the title was shorter....say 6 months or so.

Sexaya
12-17-2003, 02:53 PM
I kinda wish developers would keep a lid on their projects until they were ready to go gold. Games that deserve the hype (like BC, Fable, Halo 2) would still sell well, if not better, if the time from announcing the title and delivery of the title was shorter....say 6 months or so.

That's true for some games, Halo 2's hype would never die down because of the fact that it's a sequel. A sequel to one of the best-selling games in the world. But new games like Fable, BC, Ninja Gaiden (might be a sequel but it's a sequel as much as POP, and that is... Not really) could have the hype die down because people have expected it so much only to be disappointed time and time again. If like you said games would come out in 6 months they would definitely sell more.

It's true, companies should really keep their games hidden until 2-3 months before publishing it. Some games have had no hype at all but still did very well <- as an understatement. For some reason I just can't remember any, LOL, anybody care to help me out? :)

xbox genius
12-18-2003, 12:03 AM
i dont blame you. this game will be a big hit, lots of bloody action, and strategies... unfortunately it doesnt make it even to the top 6 of my most anticipated list... heck it falls behind KOTOR still even tho KOTOR is been out for a while now....

one big problem i find about this game is that i dont hear anything about multiplayer, it doesnt have to be on XBL , just at least make it co op or multiplayer action offline or system link. also i hear this game is very short... from 15 hrs to 20 hrs last time i checked....

i could be wrong, but i can say this... it will be a big hit

l Maximus l
12-18-2003, 02:08 PM
This game should be cool...too bad we won't see it for a long time. :mad:

Bakeman
12-18-2003, 08:07 PM
I was hyped on this game long long long ago....

Sadly it still isn't due out until late 2004. I have some what gotten over the hype by just not thinking about it. It sucks thinking about the game because the game does sound GREAT, but it's gonna be a LONG time before we can play it.

AntiSOBMachine
12-19-2003, 08:39 AM
B.C is gonna prove how powerful xbox is. If wat yall r sayin about designing ur own stuff, people, fanboys, and all will be mezmerized. it will be one hell of year when this game comes out.
:cheers: